Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Tell Me My Life

chapter two

by erinisavictim 0 reviews

be patient!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2008-12-13 - Updated: 2008-12-14 - 822 words

0Unrated
this chapter is pretty much entirely explanation, so just get through it with me!

"Do you know who we are, Katelynn?" asked the calmer of the two.
I shook my head in denial-- I was dreaming. owever real it seemed, it simply wasn't possible.
"you know, Katelynn, dear. Dont be afraid, just say it."
I swallowed, allowing the names to come to my lips quietly. "brendon urie. and... william beckett."
"good," said william. "now what are we? think hard."
brendon shook his head. "she doesnt know that, bill."
he was right- I didnt. they were... musicians. right?
"then tell her, brendon. say it."
brendon turned his gaze back on me. his expression was almost imploring.
"please dont scream just allow me to explain this. william and I..." he took a deep breath. "vampires. William and I are vampires."
Another small sound of frear escaped my mouth, but that was all. Brendon's smooth, deep voice made the word less horrifying than it should have been.
"As william said, we are here to save you. will you listen if I explain?"
His voice was like a sedative to me. I nodded slowly, both fearing what he had to say and wanting to hear him talk again.
"thank you. I guess it starts... well, you went to one of our concerts a few weeks ago, yes?"
Another nod.
"And do you remember what happened after the show?"
To be honest, I didnt. I remembered walking to my car, and then waking up in my room the next morning. I'd figured I had just been extremely tired. I shook my head.
"no, well," his voice dropped to a barely audible whisper. "vampires have to feed, katelynn, and I-- I chose you. My bite is usually harmless, you see. I never leave a human hurt; only tired after I drink. but when I started to drink from you..." he drew another shuddering breath. "your blood was too good for me. for my taste. I couldnt stop drinking."
my mind was blank as i processed this. but then william interjected.
"you are such a rare case because this never happens-- if it gets as far as it did for brendon, the human usually has no chance at all of living. Either the human would die, or be turned into one of us, but the latter is highly unlikely in comparison. indeed, he would have killed you had I not found him and stopped him."

finally, I had to ask a question.

"what does that mean? that i'm a 'rare case'?"
brendon answered this time.
"for that, you'll have to allow me to backtrack a bit. you see, there are two very powerful groups of our kind. only two. Us, the Dandies, and then Sangladri. They are... very different from us. They believe that we-- the vampires, that is-- should be dominant over the humans. they aim to either transform or kill, never to leave unharmed as we do. The dandies consider it our duty to protect humans-- to stop the Sangladri from chaning or killing. Possibly by evolution, possibly by sheer luck, we are... much stronger, physically, than they are, so we are generally successful. as far as we know, they havent killed or changed a human in almost fifty years.
And now let me connect some points for you: when I drank from you, I did so much too deeply. Not enough to change you into one of us, obviously, as for that I would have had to drink all of your blood. but what I did do... well, i wouldnt call it 'damage', exactly. somehow, since you were saved so close to being turned, some of my power got transfered to you. are you following?"

Really, I wasn't. "You bit me," i stated, "and now I have some of your power?"
"basically, yeah." it was William. "We've been watching you since we had our suspicions. I dont know if you've noticed, but you are very strong. and very fast for a human."

I had noticed, though. Lately, everything that should have been at least a bit strenuous was effortless to me. I'd ignored it, of course...

"so the Sangladri," brendon concluded, "think that your blood will make them strong like us. They want your blood."

brendon:

As criminal as I felt before, it was nothing compared to this. I knew that we were taking her for her own safety, that if she stayed she would have no chance when they came for her. But still, wasn't it my fault that she was in danger at all?

She agreed to leave with William and I, recognizing the threat of the situation. She trusted us, it seemed, and although I should have been relieved by this-- that we wouldnt have to take her by force-- it seemed like such a betrayal to me. So ironic... I am the last person that this beautiful, innocent girl should have trusted
Sign up to rate and review this story