Categories > Original > Fantasy > Storm

1

by KateMarieCullen 2 reviews

the story begins...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2008-12-16 - Updated: 2008-12-16 - 475 words

0Unrated
*
The sun was bright, the sky the beautiful blue of a late-spring afternoon.
“I love the sun, “my sister sang from whee she danced along the path ahead of me.
“Jez, don’t you think, by now, that I would have gathered that? I am your brother, you know,” I laughed.
“Of course I know. It’s just I love to say it as much as I love the heat and the light of the sun itself.”
Jezebel is my twin. We were practically inseparable, however only this fact, plus our identical emerald-green eyes made it obvious we were siblings, let alone twins. I looked like my mother- hair dead straight and so blonde it looked silver, and pale skin. The only difference was that I, like Jez, had our father’s eyes. Jez has long, wavy, dark-brown hair, with skin several shades darker than mine. We both inherited a fast metabolism from our mother, so we always stayed healthily thin.
Jez and I were on our way home from school. We usually walked, except for those rare rainy days, when I would drive us in my Vanquish. But the sun was preferable to us both.
As we neared our home, we saw our loyal black Labrador, Alfred, waiting patiently for our return. Al used to belong to our neighbours, but they moved and could not take him with them. As Al had been a friend to Jez and myself for years beforehand, so our parents bought him from the Rathbones, much to our delight.
After putting our school stuff away, Jez and I took Al for a walk. Jez put his collar on as I grabbed us an apple each, pausing to tell our parents where we were going before we dashed out the door.
Al loved to play in the park a couple of blocks down the road. Strangely, it was empty when we got there. Normally there were plenty of people around at this time of day.
I started to get a bad feeling, and sensed that Jez did too. What was going on? I knew that an empty park should give me no cause for concern, but I felt an odds ort of... premonition that something was wrong. Al obviously felt it to, as he did not bound away from us as he usually did.
As I turned to say something to Jez, a strange glimpse of black in the sky caught my eye. It appeared to be a cloud, but it was much darker than I had ever seen here, and it was moving much too swiftly through the sky.
“What’s happening?” Jez asked.
“I don’t know, but it doesn’t feel right. I think we should get out of here, “ I replied.
Bang! A thunderous roar tore its way through the air, and I was out cold.
*
Sign up to rate and review this story