Categories > Anime/Manga > Loveless > Loveless' Heart

Learning to work together

by Inuyisha 0 reviews

Read to find out

Category: Loveless - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Ritsuka,Soubi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-12-19 - Updated: 2008-12-19 - 1665 words

0Unrated
Srry its taken so long to update. I was trying to finis writing in the book and I did! Yay me! well I hope you like it and R&R please it can even be a flame don't care.

"Talking"
Phone conversation/letters/notes






I wake up in my bed. I groan as I sit up. I rub my now throbbing head and search through my memory bank to see what happened yesterday. What had happened? I know it was a weird day, but the only thing I can remember is four words.

I love you, Aimaru

Yuki had said those words. I bit my lip and flatten my ears against my head. I start to go into one of my fits, but my alarm clock goes off. I reach over and turn it off.

9:15 am

Crap! I jump out of bed and dart back and forth through my room, trying to find my outfit. After about fifteen minutes I’m dressed and ready to go. I pick up my back pack and sling it over my shoulder. I see a note and pick it up.

I hope you understand what’s going on…

I’m in a mix of fighter units and Sacrifices…

I hope its okay if I pick you up after school. Yuki Inuharu.

I let a small smile tug at my lips and hide the note under my pillow. I walk to the front door of my house.

“ Sayonara Otou-san!” I yell upstairs.

I receive a loud groan. Late night. I open the door and close it gently. I run full speed to the middle school and burst through the door. I quietly walk in my classroom and tip toe to my seat. I almost made it without the teacher noticing. Almost.

“ Ms. Akaharumaru! Would you like to explain to the class why you are late?” Sensei asks me.

“ Gomen nasai Sensei. My dad must have reset my alarm. I was up all night helping him balance his taxes. It won’t happen again.” I lie with a bow.

Well… not entirely.

“ See to it that it doesn’t.” Sensei says while returning to the lesson.

I nod and sit down. I feel eyes boring into me, so I turn them to see that its Ritsuka-kun. His eyes look as thought they would kill me. My ears twitch and I turn my head back to Sensei.

“ Alright, today for art, you all will draw someone in the class.” Sensei said.
Everyone groaned.

“ Everyone can pick their own partners, except Aikage and Ritsuka. You two have to work together.” Sensei said while passing out the sketch boards, pencils, and erasers.

I could tell Ritsuka did not like the pairing, but… this could be my only chance to apologize to him. Yuiko gets up and goes to another boy. I think his name is Yayoi. I turn my attention back to Ritsuka. He was already at work. With him looking the way he his, I might as well do a head shot. I start with the outline of his face, which is like a heart-shaped apple. Then I do his hair. That was always my weakness when drawing, hair. Ritsuka’s hair does and doesn’t have volume. I managed to make that look half-way decent. I went for his ears next. He kept twitching them on purpose, I could tell, so I settled for sad ears. Next his mouth. Ritsuka-kun almost never smiled, so I tried to draw that. It may look creepy for a while, but he’ll come to smile again. Ritsuka-kun has a small nose, so that’s not hard. Last is his eyes… they look so lonely. I shudder. His eyes are so familiar, they give off the feeling mine used to. His eyes are big and expressive, but they look as though they only show three or four emotions. With a trembling hand, I draw Ritsuka’s eyes. I hear a chair come closer to me. I look over to my side and see Ritsuka-kun looking at me. I open my mouth to say something, but no words come out. I close my mouth and try again…again, nothing comes out. The bell rings and I’m literally faster than lightning when I go out the class. I cut corners and go outside and run into Yuki. He grunts and hugs me. My tail wraps around him and my ears bow to my head. My head buries itself in his body. Yuki rubs my head and twirls his finger around my ear. I hear two pairs of footsteps come to us. Yuki’s grip slightly tightens on me.

“ Soubi, I trust you are not here to do battle with us.” Yuki says.

“No we’re not.” Ritsuka says.

“Yuki, I know you have received the message, and know that we cannot battle each other because of the circumstances now.” Soubi says.

“Yes, so how do we tell them?” Yuki asks.

I back away from Yuki and wonder what he and Soubi are talking about.

“Ritsuka.” Soubi says.

“Aikage.” Yuki says.

“ We can no longer attack each other, we have to battle with the other teams.” They say in unison.

“What do you mean by that?” I ask.

“ We mean, that from now on, Soubi-kun and Yuki-kun can no longer fight against each other. We can only work together or separately.” Yuki says to me.

My ears twitch. Soubi was about to say something important yet something I didn’t want to hear.

“ Ritsuka-kun, you and Aikage are the only people who can defeat Septimal Moon.” Soubi says.

“ What’s that supposed to mean?” Ritsuka asks.

“ You can’t love without a heart. You can’t have a heart without love. Loveless. Heartless. Yin and Yang. They can’t live without the other. You two can’t live without the other.” Yuki explains.

My ears twitch. My tail slowly sways back and forth. My heart is thrashing madly in my chest.

“ So Ritsuka and I have to work together or we’ll never beat Septimal Moon?” I ask.

“ If you prefer it put that way, then yes.” Yuki says.

There is no way Ritsuka-kun would even tolerate me. So what would he work with me? It just didn’t make any sense to me. My ears twitch and my tail drops to the ground.

“ Let’s fight once more, just so we can see each others’ power.” Soubi says.

Yuki looks at me for permission. I don’t want to but… I slowly nod my head. I take my place behind Yuki and Ritsuka takes his place behind Soubi. Even though they’re not supposed to fighting, Ritsuka and I agreed to this battle.

“ I declare battle by word spell.” Soubi says.

“ I accept.” Yuki says before the world around us stops.

“ Fighter units engage.” Soubi and Yuki say the same time.

“ Slash, Slice. Slice their heart out.” Yuki says.

“ Ineffective. No attacks shall touch this person. Rotate. Send attack back to opponent.” Soubi says.

The attack hits Yuki’s neck and a collar appears around both of our necks. It felt as though it was choking me, but it wasn’t. Hot tears gently course down my cheeks.

“ Sever their bond. Destroy the connections.” Yuki says.

It hits Soubi’s neck, and a collar appears around his and Ritsuka-kun’s neck. Why were they aiming for the necks? Why is Yuki-kun being so…

“ Heartless.” I say before I pass out.

“ Ai-chan…Ai-chan…Aimaru, wake up.” I hears Yuki-kun’s voice say while feeling someone gently shake me.

I open my eyes and I sit up with a groan.

“ Are you okay?” Ritsuka asks

“ Yeah I’m fine, aside from my throbbing head.” I say while holding my head.
I get up and wobble a little bit. Yuki-kun was by my side in an instant, holding me so I wouldn’t fall. That was okay with me but, dang my head is killing me.

“ What just happened?” Ritsuka asks.

“ Aimaru said her real name. And do to the fact that she can’t handle the power that comes
with her name, she passed out.” Yuki says.

Well that sucks. I can’t say my name in combat. I’m basicly useless other than being the sacrifice… And why is Sakura-onee-san whistling at a time like this? Wait, onee-san is dead… Then where is her whistle coming from? I close my eyes and tone the sounds in my ears to find the direction it was coming from. Its coming from the park! I turn and blast off towards the park. Gomen boys, but I think I hear Onee-san. I run to the park and the whistle stops when I get by a giant Sakura tree Onee-san and I used to play on.

“ So you’ve finally decided to come, hunh Adored?” I hear someone’s voice say.

My tail stands on end. Danger. My senses tell me. Get out of there! They yell.

“ Aimaru!” I hear Yuki’s voice call out.

“Yuki-kun!” I yell.

I hear The bushes move, and Ritsuka comes out. I hear the voice laugh. That didn’t sound good.

“And Beloved has come out also, this must by my lucky day.” The voice says as it get closer.

“ Come on Aikage-chan! Let’s get out of here!” Ritsuka says as he pulls me away and starts running.

“ Ritsuka-kun slow down before I fa-whaa!” I say as I fall down and twist my ankle.

“ Aikage-chan, get up. Come on, lets go.” Ritsuka says while trying to pull me up.

“ Beloved. Adored. You two will meet your deaths right here, right now.” The voice cries.

“Soubi!” Ritsuka yells.

“ Yuki.” I scream.

Both are by our sides in an instant.

“Hmmm. Soubi. Yuki. You two aren’t doing your jobs properly.” The voice says.

I see Yuki and Soubi tense up before Soubi picks Ritsuka up and Yuki picks me up. They both run away from the place.
Sign up to rate and review this story