Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sleepless in New York

Street Talking

by hotty7791 2 reviews

A little insight into Lindsey

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-12-22 - Updated: 2008-12-23 - 903 words

0Unrated
The city lights twinkled around them as Pete and Lindsey strolled down the street.

“Tell me about your friends” He said softly.

“My friends?” Lindsey asked. “What do you want to know?”

“How about how the 5 of you became friends.”

“Hm. Well, I moved to town when I was in grade 3 and contrary to how I am now, I was insanely shy with new people. The first day of school I think I said about 10 words.” Lindsey laughed recalling the memory. “I think Daryan was the first one I met actually and we hated each other immediately.”

“Hated each other? Why?” Pete questioned with a smile.

“Well, we were both really smart kids. Before I moved there, she had been the smartest one in the class and the same with me in my old school. We were also incredibly competitive. Almost too much so sometimes.” she paused. “Well anyways, the first time I even talked to her was when I yelled at her in the middle of class because I caught her looking at my work.” Lindsey laughed. “Needless to say we didn't start out well together. We actually didn't become friends until 2 years later when we both got over ourselves and realized that we were pretty much even and actually had a lot in common. Since then we've kind of stuck together.”

“So you guys have a lot of history then.” Pete commented

“Yeah, we've all been friends since public school. Miranda is one of those people that like everyone..almost too much sometimes, but she her intentions are always good. Amanda on the other hand has kind of floated around a bit. She has a habit of when she meets a guy she likes, she attaches herself to him and ignores us but comes back to us whenever he gets tired of her. Shes nice enough but sometimes it gets a little tiring.” She sighed. “I'm probably closest to Alex I guess. Our families are pretty similar so it we have a bond of sorts. We started hanging out together in grade 5 and were pretty inseparable. We had a bit of a rough patch in high school when her parents finally split but once she realized that none of us were going away no matter how angry she was she finally let us help her. I would do absolutely anything for my friends and I know they would do the same for me. I don't know what I would do if they weren't around. I also met some amazing people in high school. Most of them were guys though. I don't get along with most girls. The only new girl friend I met was Julia. She's actually coming here in a few days after her grandparents go home.”

Pete watched Lindsey light up as she spoke of her friends with a smile.

'I wonder if my school years would have been different if I had such amazing friends' Pete wondered.

“Why did you move to Kingsville?” He asked

Lindsey hesitated before replying. “My parents got divorced and my brother and I moved with my mom to Kingsville.” Pete sensed that nothing further was going to be added on the subject.

Wanting to change the subject, Pete spoke quickly. “Aren't you at least a little curious about what we're doing tonight? You haven't asked once yet. For all I know, I could be planning to kill you and dump your body in the river.”

“Well, when you put it like that...” Lindsey trailed off with a laugh. “If you were to do that, you wouldn't have talked to my friends. It would probably be bad for the band if their bass player were to kill someone. I don't think they allow rock concerts in prison. “Lindsey said with a smirk. “But now I am actually curious. Where are you taking me Mr. Wentz?”

He ignored he question. “You're right, I'm far too pretty to go to prison. Although, I hear if you get kitchen duty its not bad.”

Lindsey mock glared. “You didn't answer my question.”

“Well if you must know, I am taking you...” he broke off uncertainly. “Laser tagging.”

“Are you serious?!” Lindsey yelled.

“”If you don't like it we can go to dinner or Central Park or something because I know you're not really dressed for laser tagging but I didn't have the heart to tell you to change because I love that shirt on you...” he let out all in one breath as he trailed off embarrassed.

“No I love laser tagging! You are so going to get your ass kicked. I, am the master of laser tagging. I go hunting with my dad sometimes.' She trailed off with a smirk noticing the look on Pete's face. “Yes, I do hunt. SO how far away from this place are we?” She asked now almost bouncing with excitement.

Pete looked at her and thanked every god he had ever heard of that his life had turned around.


AN - So.. there hasnt been much forward action with them... yet! ( if you know what I mean) it will come I promise but i thought it would be a little unrealistic if they just jumped into bed and lived happily ever after. Reviews are awesome. They make me want to continue writing. Its sad how excited i get when I read one. Please tell me what you really think. :D
Sign up to rate and review this story