Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Don't Let Go

Chapter 3

by DarkRealm 3 reviews

What if Naraku killed Kikyo? How would Inuyasha react? What about Kagome?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-03-17 - Updated: 2006-03-17 - 914 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of its characters

Kasumi scented the air and followed the scent of the peculiar group she had attacked only hours ago. She looked around and said, "Come out, Wind Demon. I know you are hiding in that tree."
"Kasumi." Kagura said, landing her feather beside the young demon. Kasumi stared at her in confusion and surprise.
"Who the hell are you?" She snapped. Kagura frowned at her.
"I serve Naraku, who wishes to know if you are interested in obtaining more shards of the Shikon Jewel."
"Who the hell is Naraku?"
"Someone who wants you to help him dispatch of a certain young priestess and her half-breed pet."
"Intriguing. Take me to this...Naraku. I will listen to what he has to offer. "
"Excellent." Kagura grinned. "So you picked up my scent, did you?"
"Well, with your vile scent it wasn't that onerous."

((Naraku's Castle))

"Kasumi. I know of your ability to imitate the shapes of others. You shall attempt to transform into Inuyasha's late lover."
"Who are you to tell me what I will do?"
"You wish the jewel, do you not?" He asked and Kasumi nodded suspiciously. He put out his hand and revealed two sparkling jewel shards. "I offer you these for your compliance with my request."
"I suppose I can attempt it." Kasumi sighed. "Who is the woman I am to imitate and why do you assume that this...Inuyasha will believe my illusion?"
"Her name is Kikyo and Inuyasha will be so enthralled to see her alive that he will not suspect anything."
"How do you know all of this?"
"Because I dispatched of her myself."

((Back to Inuyasha and the others))

"SIT! SIT! SIT! SIT! SIT! SIT! SIT! SIT! SIT! SIT! SIT! SIT!"
"KAGOME! DON'T YOU DARE RUN OFF ON ME NOW!!"
"Inuyasha, I have a huge test. Just give me 2 days and then I'll be right back, I promise." She said. "Bye!" She ran off toward the well.
"Inuyasha, don't tell me she threw your back out again!" Shippo exclaimed while Inuyasha started moaning in pain.
"Shut UP!"
"Come on, Miroku; let's get some ice for the poor dog demon."

((Back in Kagome's Time))

"Hey everybody, I'm home!"
"Kagome, Mom is at the store and Grandpa is with some old friend of his or something!" Sota shouted back.
"Oh. Well, I'm going to go take a bath. Then I am going to study for my test tomorrow, so don't bug me."
Kagome climbed out of the well and ran to the bathroom.

((A day and a half later))

"Inuyasha, look over there!"
One of Kikyo's soul skimmers? But how? I thought that they were killed by Naraku's giant soul skimmer...

Inuyasha bolted toward where the soul skimmer was headed.
"Ki... Kikyo?! But... how?" He stuttered, spotting her standing in the middle of a clearing.
"Shhhhh... Inuyasha... I am back now. Shouldn't you just be happy about that?"
Inuyasha ran to Kikyo's side and instantly embraced her.
This fool really thinks I am Kikyo. It's working out just as I planned.

"Sango... this can't be good. I hope Lady Kagome returns soon."
"Miroku, for once, I agree with you."

Kagome climbed out of the well and sauntered off to Lady Kaede's village, knowing that Inuyasha was probably still sulking because of the sit commands from the day before.

"Lady Kagome! Come quick! Inuyasha ran off after some soul skimmers late last night and he still hasn't returned!" Miroku shouted upon spotting Kagome approaching.
"What? You mean Kikyo is alive?"
"It's possible, but more likely this is another one of Naraku's schemes."

Kagome bounded in the direction Miroku had pointed toward, her bow and quiver at the ready. When she arrived at a meadow, she paused and watched from afar as Inuyasha and Kikyo embraced.
Why do I always walk in like this? Kagome thought, sighing deeply before continuing to walk towards Inuyasha. She attempted to speak but her throat felt closed as she felt tears well up in her eyes and begin to slowly fall down her cheeks. How could she even think about crying at a time like this? She couldn't bear it any longer. She stepped out of the clearing just as Kikyo drew a long blade from her side that was very similar to the one that the demon, Kasumi, had used to attack them earlier. Wait a minute... is that really Kikyo... or is it Kasumi?

"Inuyasha! Get away from her! That's not Kikyo!"
That little bitch of a woman... she had to show up now of all times... I must rid myself of this annoyance. Kasumi thought.
"Inuyasha, who will you believe? Do I not smell the same? Am I not the woman you've known?"
"I... you smell just as you used to... before...."
That incompetent fool. He's not exactly the brightest of the bunch, is he? It is just as Naraku predicted.

Kagome drew back her bow and aimed an arrow at Kasumi's chest. "Get away from him now or I swear I'll shoot you!" When Kasumi didn't acknowledge her, Kagome released her grip, sending the sacred arrow flying through the air, but it only grazed her arm. However, it still reversed her transformation and revealed Kasumi standing where Kikyo had stood moments before. Had Kagome's aim been true, she surely would have died where she stood.



Author's note: Ha payback to all of you non-reviewers. I will update I feel like it.
Sign up to rate and review this story