Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Don't Let Go

Chapter 4

by DarkRealm 3 reviews

What if Naraku killed Kikyo? How would Inuyasha react? What about Kagome?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-03-17 - Updated: 2006-03-17 - 916 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of its characters.

Author's Note: Thanks to every person who has reviewed me ^^ I'm glad that you take the time to help me feel enthused enough to write another chapter. That is the only reason that I am updating so quickly.

Kasumi stared in shock at the priestess that she had assumed would be no threat before turning and fleeing.

"Inuyasha... are you ok?" Kagome asked, reaching to touch him, but stopping herself.
"Yeah." He replied, looking down so as not to meet her eyes.
How the hell did Kasumi know that Kikyo existed? And how did she know enough about her to make me believe she was her? He paused for a moment, and then it hit him. Naraku. That bastard will pay!

"Inuyasha, we should get back to the village. Miroku and Sango need to know what's going on with Kasumi running loose."
"Feh."

((Back to the village))

"Please tell us again what happened, Lady Kagome." Miroku asked politely. She sighed.
"Well, like I told you before, I followed after Inuyasha and found him in a meadow. He was there with Kasumi, who was disguised like Kikyo and was pulling out a long blade. And I knew it was her because I recognized her sword from earlier. I ran over to them and tried to shoot her in the chest, but my aim was off and it only grazed her arm. However, it did manage to shatter her disguise."
"Hmmm... Inuyasha...How would Kasumi even know about Kikyo?" Miroku asked, turning to the silent dog-demon.
"..."
"It was probably another one of his attempts to get rid of us. He most likely manipulated her with shards of the jewel, since that's what she was seeking earlier from Kagome," Sango replied, glancing at the stoic Inuyasha and sharing a worried glance with Kagome.

((Naraku's Castle))

"Kasumi, you failed me, you pathetic excuse for a demon!" Naraku shouted. Kasumi growled, narrowing her eyes at him and flexing her claws. "Kagura, kill her."
Kagura drew her fan, frowning reluctantly. She nodded at Kasumi before unleashing her deadly "Dance of Blades". At the last second, she flicked her wrist and missed, hitting the castle walls and sending it crumbling to the ground, temporarily burying Naraku. Kasumi darted off without saying thank you, although she knew that Kagura had spared her life. I hope she is appreciative. Kagura thought. She may come in handy later on.

((Back at the village))
"Bye Kaede, we will come back to see you soon."
"Farewell, child."

Inuyasha and the gang departed from the village, but after less than an hour, Kagome began to get tired. Her next test wasn't for a while, though, so she would have to adjust to the faster pace of this realm.
Inuyasha is being awfully quiet. He must be thinking about Kikyo. Kagome thought, sighing deeply.

"Kagome... why the hell do you keep shooting sympathetic looks? It's starting to piss me off!"
"Uh... no reason.... I was just thinking."
"Feh."

Kasumi darted from Naraku's castle, running blindly in one direction, thoughts rushing through her mind.
Why did that wind witch spare me? And why did she have the same scent as Naraku? Naraku is going to pay for making Kasumi, the mist, flee.

Consumed in her thoughts, Kasumi did not see the person standing in her path and she slammed into him, falling backwards onto her butt. She looked up and saw the most beautiful hair she had ever seen, long flowing silver strands, blowing gently in the wind. When she finally noticed the demon attached to that magnificent hair, she muttered an apology.
"Insolent woman. Watch where you are running." He sneered at her before scenting the air.

"You have no scent. Why is that?"
"And why would I want to tell you?"
"Foolish woman. You dare to question me, the great Lord Sesshomaru?"

"What if I do? What are you going to do about it, dog boy?"
Sesshomaru glared at her menacingly, becoming more enraged with each passing second at this demon who dared to defy him by entering his territory. He raised his arm, striking forward at her. Kasumi gracefully dodged the poison claw attack and drew her kitana. She jumped into the air and sliced Sesshomaru in his chest. He looked at her, obviously no sign of pain.

"You are wasting my time. Let's go Rin, Jaken."

((Back to Inuyasha and the Others))

"Inuyasha... what is it?"
"I smell that stupid wolf. He's close."
"Hey Kagome. What are you doing with the insolent puppy still?"
"Hi Koga. He's not a puppy by the way."

"KOGA," Inuyasha roared.
"Sit boy. Koga you better get going. He is more angry than usual for some reason."

"Kagome, how the hell could you just let him escape like that?"
"Inuyasha, why do you let it bother you?"
"Why doesn't it bother you more? Feh. I bet you like it when he comes slinking around calling you his woman."
"Inuyasha. Why are you so riled up over Koga?"
"Feh."
"Sit, boy. I'm going home."

Kagome stormed back to the Bone-Eaters Well mumbling to herself about how stupid Inuyasha is. She jumped in the well, still fuming.

Author's Note: Sorry for the short chapter. I promise I will try to make them longer in the future. XD. And special thanks to DarkFlame1516 for editing. ^^ Everyone should check out her Inuyasha fic Serena's story... It is awesome. So is her F4 one ^^ XD
Sign up to rate and review this story