Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Don't Let Go

Chapter 5

by DarkRealm 3 reviews

What if Naraku killed Kikyo? How would Inuyasha react? What about Kagome?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-03-17 - Updated: 2006-03-17 - 1325 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of its characters.

Inuyasha is so stupid! Kagome fumed, climbing out of the well and happily standing in her own time once again. I wish he would grow up. She ran into the house to take a long hot bath, and when she was finished, she lay down on the fluffy pink blankets covering her bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

((3 days later))

Is he going to come get me this time? Kagome thought, staring aimlessly out her window and avoiding looking at her textbook. Something must be wrong. If he weren't so stupid I wouldn't be stuck here wondering. I am not going back until he comes and gets me.

((Back in Feudal Japan))

Inuyasha paced back and forth beside the Bone-Eater's Well, waiting for Kagome to back. He was determined not to get her this time. He can't help that she had to flirt with some overzealous wolf. Feh. As if I even care. I should go to her time just to make her apologize. Inuyasha jumped into the well, not noticing the demon that sat on a tree above him, watching his every move.

Kasumi stared silently as Inuyasha jumped into the well. When she didn't hear him hit the bottom, she leapt from the branch to check it out. After she peeked over the edge, she was surprised to see that he wasn't down there. Hmmm... I wonder where he went? Maybe I should jump down there to see where it takes you. Without a second thought, Kasumi vaulted over the side and fell down the shaft, glancing around as a vibrant blue light suddenly encircled her. When she felt her feet finally touch the bottom, she climbed to the top and was instantly enthralled by her surroundings.

Inuyasha had walked into Kagome's room and tried to wake her by shaking her body, intent on forcing her to apologize. But all he had gotten for his effort was a muffled sit, and a few slaps across the face.

Kasumi had walked out of the shrine, amazed by large metal objects speeding past her on the street below. She saw people in them, staring at her strangely, so she decided that it was time for her disguise. She lengthened her hair to reach her waist, making it straight and blonde. She walked past a clothing store called "Abercrombie and Fitch" and decided to try the outfit in the window on.

Kasumi looked into the window and was amazed at how short that the skirt was... but she figured she could get used to it. It wasn't exactly what she liked but she did fit in with the crowd of giggling teens passing by. Now it was time to find that half-breed and question him because she still had no idea where she was or how the hell she had gotten here. Hmmm... I suppose I will have to find that young mortal wench and have her tell me everything she knows... willing or not. I will figure this out.

Kagome had finally gotten up, and told Inuyasha she wasn't coming back because she had a huge English test the next day. She had to sit him into submission before she convinced him that she would be back right after school the next day. Once he had finally left, grumbling under his breath, Kagome walked out of her room to see a girl standing outside her door. Kagome was positive that she had never seen her before... but the girl still seemed familiar....

Who is this girl? Why does she seem so familiar? "Hello. Um.... Can I help you with something?" Kagome asked uncertainly.
"Oh... nothing much... I was just wondering if you could tell me...where am I?" Kasumi asked sweetly.
"You're at the Sunset Shrine. Where were you trying to go?" Kagome asked compassionately, but Kasumi just smirked at her, letting her illusion slide away. One moment, she was tall, blonde and blue-eyed, the next she was her old self again. She was short, but spunky, with luxurious auburn hair that gently brushed against her back. Her dazzling emerald eyes glowed with a demonic blaze that made Kagome gasp. She knew immediately whom it was standing in front of her, even though she had never seen the demon's true form.

"Kasumi!" She shouted, backing up a few steps.
"Wow. And I thought you were stupid, you little priestess. How the hell did we travel through time?" Kasumi sneered.
"I'm not quite sure how you did, but we came through a well. It's made out of the wood of a sacred tree." Kagome said softly.
"Hmm. I think that you shall serve me well, little wench." Kasumi said.

Kasumi grabbed Kagome and carted her to the well in a fireman's carry. Kagome attempted to struggle, but Kasumi tapped the pressure point on Kagome's neck to stop her futile attempts to escape. Kasumi jumped in the well, her young captive in tow, and passed back to the Feudal Era.

((An hour later))

Kagome woke up, and looked around her. Where... where am I? I...I know... I know Kasumi took me... but where? She was sitting in a dimly lit cave, with Kasumi's dazzling eyes looking into her own.
"So you're awake. I remember you saying that you could sense the jewel. You are going to give me your shard and you will find the rest of it for me, or I shall kill you. Understand?"

But... I can't do that! She'll kill me if I refuse, but I can't help her, she's a demon. And she'll probably kill me whether or not I help her. Kagome took a deep breath to clear her head. I have to get outside and find Inuyasha. "Why do you want the jewel anyway? You seem strong enough to me. I can't believe that you would need more power."

"What else would anyone want with the jewel? It's not as if I've got friends. Or family, for that matter." Kasumi looked downward for a moment, hiding her face beneath her long hair. Then her head snapped back up, an intense fire burning in her green eyes. "Who needs them anyway? I want the jewel to complete the purity of my power so that I can take over the Western lands for myself."
"You mean... you want to kill... Sesshomaru?" Kagome asked, her brow furrowing in confusion.
"That is the current lord's name?" She asked coldly and Kagome nodded. "Then yes, I will kill this...Sesshomaru." Kagome sighed. Another megalomaniac demon that thinks that the jewel will give her everything she wants. It will end up sending her to the grave, just like everyone else who has had it in his or her possession. It didn't matter at the moment; she still needed to get outside as soon as possible.

"Wench, are you going to give me those shards now or do I have to end your already pathetic existence?" Kasumi hissed, venom in her voice.
"I guess I don't have a choice, do I?" Kagome stated, looking lost.
"No. You don't." Kasumi said, glaring at the mortal she had once presumed useless.

((Back at Kaede's Village))

"Where is that stupid girl?" Inuyasha barked.
"Inuyasha, don't ye yell. Ye are aching this old woman's head." Kaede scolded, rubbing her temples as Inuyasha paced in front of the door leading outside.
"Like I care! That girl needs to hurry the hell up!" He yelled before sighing in annoyance. "I'm sick and tired of waiting. I'm going back to get her."
Inuyasha ran to the well and jumped in; unaware that Kagome wouldn't be there when he got to the other side of the well. All Inuyasha could think about was how stupid she was and how she was always late.

Author's Note: Ha... the return of Kasumi yay... I don't know about you, but I'm starting to like Kasumi XD...
Sign up to rate and review this story