Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > You're Not A Day Too Soon

You're Not A Day Too Soon

by smokeandmirrors 3 reviews

Madeline is now left with no choice but to live in the year 2008 instead of the year 2020, and though she is happy that Brendon is full of life, she wishes she were apart of it, rather than his aft...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-12-21 - Updated: 2008-12-21 - 677 words

0Unrated

A week later, and here I was, humming along to a Feist album as I tried my best to look my best for a man that had changed my life in a earth-shattering sort of way. A man that I saved, all thanks to some higher power lending an EXTREMELY helpful hand. I took a quick swig of the shirley temple I decided I could get away with at eight in the morning for glucose level purposes, and smiled at the cherry taste in my mouth before glancing back in my bathroom mirror and groaning as I remembered where I'd be heading in twenty minutes. A concert venue that I was sure would be filled with fans old and young alike. There was a part of me that foolishly wished that I'd have this glow about me that would catch Brendon's attention but...it just wouldn't happen. I took in my green eyes, my newly shortened black hair, my pale not-so-perfect complexion (acne I just couldn't get rid of, despite six months of Accutane and a year of Proactiv) and decided I was certainly the most incredible dull girl in existance. I laid a hand over my heart and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. If I was going to face him, I was going to face him with confidence. Even if I had to pretend. I'd watched Peter Pan enough, and read it more than enough times, surely I could pull off a good game of make believe. The way my heart was beating, though...I knew, that today would make me or break me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later I was sitting on a bench wearing a white summer v-necked dress I'd found in H&M, a tiny grass green cardigan with pearl buttons, blue pantyhose and brown worn leather boots that were ruched and reached a bit over my knees. Yes, it was an outfit I'd specifically picked out three days earlier, and I bit my glossed lip somewhat shamefully as I realized I probably looked like I was trying too hard. I ruffled the back of my short black hair nervously and continued biting my lip as my leg shook and I tapped my ticket against my purple bag, glancing at the line forming at the entrance of the meet and greet and glancing at the green bracelet I'd already retrieved from somebody in charge earlier that would allow me entrance. Now all I need to do was work up the nerve, just a little bit of courage to let my legs carry to me to the same destination they've always carried me to...Brendon Boyd Urie. I smiled slightly to myself as remembered a night where he'd noticed the star shaped scar on my knee, and this time instead of the chills I usually got when I thought about his touch, I grew pleasantly warm and took a deep cleansing breath as a soft breeze passed over me, stirring the bright, fresh green leaves of the trees around me and as I opened my eyes and looked at the entrance again, I was filled with a sudden determination.

I was the now or never kind, after all. What good would sitting here on the sidelines of my own life do me? Not an ounce, not even a little bit.


And so, with the little bit of courage and the ever present habit of biting my lip, I strode forward and crossed the street carefully, smiling kindly at the young girls in front of me as I finally sidled up to a place in line and took out my slightly worn copy of Bob Dylan's Tarantula as I waited patiently, reading over the words and keeping myself from regretting this decision.

___________

Ta-da! From now on things might be told in Madeline's point of view, just to make it easier on me, lol. Hope this chapter was bearable, and as you can tell I mostly listened to Feist for this one, next to A Fine Frenzy's "Whisper" and Bob Dylan's "I Want You" on repeat.
Sign up to rate and review this story