Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > The Wormhole

Metal Sonic Version 5.0

by Nekko-Blue-Hydrangea 0 reviews

A new Metal Sonic?? Not only that, but Sonic wont be fighting? What to do? What to do?

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Amy Rose, Cream, Dr. Robotnik, Espio, Knuckles, Miles "Tails" Prower, Rouge, Shadow, Sonic, Vector - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-03-17 - Updated: 2006-03-17 - 3545 words

0Unrated


Hours before Sonic, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Vector, Espio, Knuckles, and Charmy had returned...

Eggman pressed a button on the sliding metal door and waited. It slowly opened and revealed a glass tube filled with green liquid. Inside was a blue hedgehog with sensor tubes all over his body.

The hedgehog had three bangs on his head that covered the top of his right eye. He had metallic white hands that looked like gloves and feet that resembled soap sneakers, which were red and had one white stripe in the middle, and long metallic ears.

"It's time to put you to the test Metal Sonic" Eggman said, an evil smile crossing his lips. The fat man walked over to the capsule commands and typed in E-G-G-M-A-N. (A/N: So original...)

Then after pressing the big red button, stepped back as the tube slowly drained. The creature inside slumped, the sensors keeping it standing as the liquid disappeared. Finally the tube emptied and the glass lifted itself.

"Metal!" Eggman shouted.

Immediately the hedgehog's eyes opened, revealing two burning red eyes. The cyborg got to its feet and stared back at the man before him, it's eyes searching back and forth, as though searching the human before it. Finally it bowed its head. "My master... What is your desire?" It asked as it stepped from the tube, the sensors snapping off with a pop.

"Ahhh... I see there were no casualties in the experiment this time" Eggman said, studying the hedgehog's movements.

"Yes doctor... You are quite the mastermind..." Metal said. It was looking it self over, wondering about it's abilities. "Now what exactly did you do to me?" Asked Metal, turning toward the doctor.

"I knew that hanus hedgehog can not hurt a live being... So you see... I gave you 'life' so to speak. Now there is no way Sonic will be able to destroy you this time" Eggman explained, an evil grin spreading across his face.

Metals eyes widened in shock, and they widened even more when he realized his eyes had even widened in the first place. "You mean... You made me a..."

"Yes metal... you are no longer a machine... You are a living, breathing, thinking hedgehog. You also have all the abilities of Sonic, but you're stronger and faster. The only robotics left of you are your arms, hands, head, your stomach, and ears. They will be quite useful." Eggman smiled as he thought to himself. 'And an obedience chip...'

Metal looked down at his hands. "What do you mean my lord?"
Eggman smiled at his creations curiosity. The fat doctor began to explain as he headed out the door and down some metal hallways.

"You have jetpacks in those feet, and each of your hand's transforms into a small laser. Your hands also deflect attacks, and see this..." Eggman said, pointing toward Metals chest. Metal looked down to see a large metal circle from the previous version. Eggman continued. "That automatically produces a protective barrier when it senses an attack..."

Metal smiled at his master. "Ingenious..."

"Quite... Now your first mission is to destroy Tails' workshop. Without that hideous fox boy and his creations, Sonic should be an easy target" Eggman said, opening the entrance to his base.

Metal smiled evilly. "Yes doctor" he said. He thought about his jetpack shoes and suddenly he was in the air. "I will do as you command" Metal added, before taking off into the forest.

"Excellent..." Eggman said, before throwing his head back and laughing evilly. Finally he stopped and headed into the main control center.

"Decoe, Bocoe! Start the Egg Ship!" Eggman ordered as he sat into his big fluffy black swinging chair.

"Yes sir!" Shouted the two robots in unison, punching a bunch of buttons.

"We're about to take over Station Square!"



Tails suddenly tripped over the large lab coat Cream had made him wear. Tails landed with a thud and Cream could not help but clutch her stomach and laugh hysterically. Cheese did the same, and Vanilla, who had just came out of the house with a tray of sandwiches and cups of lemonade, giggled as well.

"Tails... What on earth are you doing?" Asked Vanilla as she placed the tray on the picnic table and helped Tails stand up. Tails blushed sheepishly as Cream began to calm herself.

Tails smiled at Vanilla, lifting up the over sized lab coat sleeves for her to see. "Testing the lab coat!" Tails exclaimed with a large smile.

Vanilla giggled. "You look absolutely ridiculous... Take it off" she ordered, and Tails did as he was told.

Maria, who was lying on the picnic table, licked her fur in the warm sun, enjoying the warmth of it. Suddenly she heard a threatening sound and got to her feet, looking around. Her ears twirled about, and her fur began to stand on end. Vanilla, Tails, and Cream stopped talking abruptly when they heard her growling.
"What's wrong Maria?" Asked Cream, bewilderment on her face.
Maria mewed at Cheese, and suddenly the chao took on a defensive stance as well. Tails, Cream, and Vanilla looked at each other in concern, wondering what could be the matter.

Suddenly the sound of something crashing into Tails workshop caused the three to spin around suddenly. There was a large hole blasted in part of the workshop, and it had small flames around it.

"What the heck!?" Cried Tails. He began running toward his workshop, but a purple ray blasted on the ground in front of him, and sent him reeling backwards. He landed with a thud, and looked to see a patch of ebony black grass, that had a small flame still burning. The small flame went out, unlike the small flame on Tails workshop that had started to spread.

"Tails are you okay!?" Cried Cream as she ran to his side, Vanilla following her.

Suddenly there was an evil laugh, and Cream, Vanilla, and Tails all looked up to glare, thinking it was Eggman. Tails' eyes widened when he realized it was Metal Sonic, but there was only one thing different. He had flesh! The only thing robotic about him was the top of his head, from his forehead to the end of his first head quill. He had bangs that were real bangs, and his eyes though still a burning red, were real as well. He had metallic circle on his stomach (just like he had on the original version of Metal Sonic but it was now not a turbo booster thingy) and his hands and arms were metallic. The rest of him was all flesh and bone.

"Why hello pathetic mortals..." He laughed evilly again as he landed on the ground, his voice was not metallic. He sounded like a mixture between Knuckles and Sonic, the seriousness along with the carefree tone were in it.

"Metal Sonic!" Tails shouted, jumping to his feet.

Cream seemed surprised. "That's Metal Sonic!"

Metal Sonic smiled and a hint of a sharp hedgehog tooth showed through. He lifted up his hand and a small laser appeared at the top of it. Suddenly the little laser blasted a huge beam of purple light, and Tails and Cream barely got out of the way in time. They both turned back to the cyborg hedgehog with glares as Metal laughed at them.

"I am a new version of Metal Sonic. Version 5.0" Metal Sonic said.
Suddenly the jet packs in his feet activated and he was in the air. He flew toward Cream, and activated the turbo boost. He went so fast, all you could see was a blur as he scooped Cream up and stopped high in the air. Cream struggled, but Metal laughed at her futile attempts of escape.

"My baby!" Cried Vanilla at the same time Tails shouted, "Let her go!"

Metal smiled evilly. "Come and get her fox boy!" With that said he took off into the sky, and back toward the Egg ship.

Vanilla let out a wail and fell to her knees, and Tails ran to her. "Come on Vanilla! We have to go rescue her!"

At first Vanilla just stared at the small twin tailed fox, but after her face took up one of determination. "You're right!"
Tails smiled. "Let's go!"

The two headed for Tails' garage, and Tails quickly checked the fuel supply as Vanilla jumped into the second cockpit. After Tails jumped in and pressed a small button on his remote. The garage door opened, and Tails blasted the Tornado II out the door, and the garage door closed shortly afterward.

Tails pulled the throttle hard and the plane took flight, though a little unsteady at first. Tails was able to regain his balance and turn in a wide circle, before heading off in the direction Metal had gone.

The two flew in silence. Finally they reached Station Square, and it was hard not to miss the huge ship in the sky. Pushing it to the limit, Tails speeded the Tornado II toward the ship as fast as he dared it to go.

The Egg ship was shaped like a giant chicken. Literally. On it were the same old symbols of the little Eggman face, which were plastered every where on it. It had rocket cannons on its wings and a large laser inside its mouth. Its wings had turbo boosts that would allow the ship to break the sound barrier if it needed a quick get away.

Tails watched from the cockpit as the Egg ship hovered over the White House, dropping large machines one at a time. They landed on the street below, and began raising havoc. People began running about in panic, not sure of what to do or where to go. Tails looked back at Vanilla.

"We need to help those people!" He shouted.

Vanilla looked at Tails. She knew this kitsune would save her child just by looking at the determination on his face.

Reluctantly Vanilla nodded. Tails flew in close to the ground, allowing Vanilla to jump to the ground, before flying up again. Tails watched as Vanilla shouted and grabbed the people's attention, and began shouting directions on how to get away safely. When Tails was satisfied he turned back to the Egg ship.

"Eggman! It's Tails!" Shouted Boecoe from inside the cockpit when he first noticed the plane. He looked back at the fat man with concern.

"What should we do doctor?" Asked Decoe.

"What we always do! Activate the rocket cannons! I want to see that ship blasted out of the sky!" Eggman shouted, shaking his fist.

"Activate the rocket cannons!" Shouted Boecoe and Decoe in unison, pressing a large red button. This caused the ship to lock on Tails and blast about twenty homing missiles at the Tornado II.

Tails gasped in surprise and was forced to pull up, then go down, and then up again. In order to miss them all Tails had to maneuver the ship in ways that were almost impossible like stopping abruptly, swerving to the left, and twirling around. Finally, with the homing missiles out of the way, Tails pressed a button and transformed the Tornado into the jet formation. As soon as he was finished the homing missiles had rounded toward him again, and in jet mode Tails had less close calls.

Of course, being homing missiles, they did not give up their assault. Tails knew the only way to get rid of them was to intercept there path. Tails took a sudden dive for the Egg ship, and the homing missiles followed.

"What is that fox doing!" Eggman shouted. "Intercept! Intercept!"
Decoe and Boecoe let out screams and hugged each other in robotic fear. "We are going to die!"

"YOU IDIOTS!!!!" Eggman boomed. "I told you to intercept!"

Both robots looked at where Eggman was pointing to see a big blue button that read Intercept. Then they looked at each other sheepishly before shouting in unison, "Intercept!" They pressed the button together. The homing missiles suddenly exploded just seconds before smashing into the Egg ship, and the two robots sighed in relief. Tails, on the other hand, let out a cry of frustration, before bringing his ship in for a landing. He landed on top of the Egg ship, and this time he had installed the landing gear, so thankfully it was not a bumpy ride.

Eggman growled as he watched Tails land peacefully on his ship, and jump from his cockpit to look for an entrance. "METAL!" Eggman bellowed, and instantly the cyborg was before his master.

"Destroy that little pest!" Shouted Eggman.

"Right away sir" said Metal, as he took off toward the surface.
"That little fox boy will regret having ever tried to face me! Muahahahahahahahahaha!"

Decoe and Boecoe looked at each other with uncertainty before joining in with the laughter.

"Shut up you two rust buckets!" Eggman growled, before grumpily sitting back in his chair. "And watch the show."



Metal walked out into the blaring sun on the top half of the ship, his eyes searching back and forth for any signs of the fox. He walked over to the edge and saw the plane and the little orange fluff ball heading toward the elevator on the bottom half of the ship. Without thinking he jumped down and took aim, missing the little fox by inches.

"Metal!" Tails shouted as the machine landed just a couple feet in front of the little fox.

Metal charged at him with a shout. Tails yelped and jumped out of the way, and Metal had to skid to a stop as he turned to face the fox again. With a growl he charged again, but this time Tails was ready.

Tails jumped up into the air and with a speedy twirl tried to smack his tail into Metal's face, only to find that he was knocked away by an unknown force. Metal had blocked his attack, and was now facing the little fox from a few feet away. Tails on the other hand got to his feet slowly. What ever barrier he had hit, he had hit it hard.

"How dare you attack the ruler-of-the-world-to-be! I shall destroy you for your incompetence!" Metal roared, before aiming at the fox and shooting a large blast.

Tails' eyes widened in surprise before he jumped away, seconds before the laser hit the ground where he had been standing. It made a sizzle as the hot particles in the laser melted the metal. Tails gulped as he turned back toward the cyborg.

"You will die!" Shouted Metal Sonic, aiming again.

Tails saw it, and quickly took off in the other direction. He spun his tails in order to gain extra speed as he headed for the elevator of the ship. He could here the laser shots sizzling as they hit the ground behind him, and instinctively, Tails began to swerve left and right. This way it would be less likely for Metal to aim a shot at him.

Metal growled at the fox's tactic. "Stay still you little rat!" He shouted, as again he missed the fox below him.

Tails heard the whizzing sound of wind as something zoomed by. He looked ahead and saw the laser smack into the metal and melt into a puddle, leaving a large hole in the ships frame. Tails gulped and tried to crank up the speed toward the elevator, but was forced to come to an abrupt halt for now there was a robot in front of Tails' only escape, and Tails was forced to turn around. He glared at the half-robot hedgehog above them. "Bring it on!" Shouted Tails, taking on a fighting stance.

Metal glared even darker at the challenge. "You asked for it!"
Metal stopped in mid air and raised his hand, about to shoot, when a sudden flash of black and red hit him hard, sending him onto the ground. Another flash of black and red and suddenly there was a hedgehog beside the fox, glaring at where the cyborg lay.

"Shadow!" Tails shouted, obviously happy to see him.

Knuckles landed on the other side, and Tails smiled at him while shouting his name as well. Next came Rouge and Espio, who landed a couple feet behind them.

"You all right?" Asked Shadow, smiling at the excited pup beside him.

"Yeah... but Cream..."

"Why, where is she?" Asked Rouge, concern in her voice.

"Eggmans got her! I've been trying to get inside the ship, but Metal here got in my way" Tails answered.

Shadow seemed to be the only one who noticed that Metal had started to recover. "Looks like we're going to have to send a rescue party, because Metal is not through with us." In response to this the rest of the group growled and turned, ready to fight the cyborg.

Knuckles turned toward Rouge. "Me, Shadow, and Espio can handle this... Rouge, you and Tails rescue Cream..."

Tails nodded with determination, while Rouge seemed flabbergasted. "Knuckles!"

"NO Rouge! I want you to go!"

"But..." Rouge was suddenly silenced by Knuckles' hand on her shoulder.

"Tails needs you more then I do..."

Rouge gave Knuckles a look of concern, but nodded anyway. She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before whispering, "promise me you'll be okay?"

Knuckles hugged her gently. "I promise."

Reassured, Rouge let go and gave Knuckles a determined nod before turning around. Knuckles watched the two head into the elevator, making sure they were safe, before turning back to Shadow and Espio.

"Are you guys ready?" Knuckles asked.

"You bet!" Shadow and Espio shouted in unison.

"Then in the words of True Blue himself, 'lets get this party started!'"




"There it is!" Cried Amy, pointing straight ahead. Indeed, Eggmans ship was in the distance, nearly a semi-small speck in the distance.

Sonic growled, his inner anger boiling. "If Eggbutts done anything to them, I swear I'm gonna... I'm gonna...!"

"Whoa there pal! Calm down!" Cried Vector, as the plane took a sudden swerve to the right. Amy let out a tiny shout in surprise, and Sonic snapped back into reality and steadied the plane. After Amy let out a sigh of relief, and Vector slumped in his seat while placing a hand to his sweaty forehead, trying to calm his rapid heart beat.

Sonic smiled sheepishly over his shoulder. "Sorry guys..."

Amy gave Sonic a look of concern. "Sonic... You're not thinking about fighting are you?"

Amy could see his toothy grin in her mind as he replied, "of course!"

"Well, please... don't."

Sonic seemed to stop breathing. "What?"

"I really don't want you to get hurt again... and besides, you're still weak from the attack..."

Sonic sighed in annoyance. "Oh Ames... I already told you, I feel fine!"

"What if you're fighting Eggman and all of a sudden you get that sickness again!? What if you feel fine, but your really not as recovered as you think you are!?" Amy cried.

She could feel the anger in his voice when he responded. "I'm fine Amy! You don't have to treat me like a little kid!"

Amy opened her mouth, but Vector beat her to it. "Ah come on man, she's only looking out for yah..."

"Who asked for your opinion!?" Sonic snapped.

Amy's next plead caught Sonic of guard. "Do it for me Sonic...?"
He could hear the sadness in her voice, and could almost feel the desperate feeling as it radiated from the pink being behind him. For some reason he thought of her and just how beautiful she was. How could he deify someone like her?

"I..." Sonic started, but Amy cut him off.

"Please...?" Amy asked desperately.

Sonic smiled peevishly. "Only if you make me some of those chilidogs of yours when we get home!"

Amy nearly fell out of her seat. "Sonic! You're so childish! I should hit you with my hammer square in the forehead!"

Sonic laughed at Amy's empty threat. "You promise?"

Amy stopped and realized Sonic had meant what he had said. "I promise."

"Good! But that still won't keep me from all the action!" Sonic cried.

"What! But you said-"

Amy stopped when Sonic lifted up the small cover-like tops on the steering. On each was a small red button.

"This was originally my plane" Sonic explained. "So I know how to fight in it! If you guys get in trouble, I'll be there to help you out. Well, not literally but-"

Amy cut him off by hugging him from behind. Sonic choked and gasped at the bear hug, and Vector let out cries of fear as the plane began swerving left and right. Realizing Amy was choking him; she quickly let go at exactly the same moment the plane took a dive. Vector let out a scream as it did, and Sonic pulled up hard on the steering. Vector fainted on the seat when the plane was finally steady, and Amy smiled sheepishly.

"Oopsy..."

Sonic laughed. "It's all right Ames... I love you too!"

Suddenly Sonic took on a determined expression. "Now hold on tight!"

Amy did as she was told, and Sonic pushed the steering in hard, pushing the Tornado into a speed that went past its limits.
"Hang on guys! Here we come!"
Sign up to rate and review this story