Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > The Wormhole

Change of Heart

by Nekko-Blue-Hydrangea 0 reviews

The big fight between Eggman and the Sonic crew! Who will win? And don't forget about his new invention, Eggzilla!

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Amy Rose, Cream, Dr. Robotnik, Espio, Knuckles, Miles "Tails" Prower, Rouge, Shadow, Sonic, Vector - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-03-17 - Updated: 2006-03-18 - 3570 words

0Unrated



Metal Sonic shook his head as he slowly stood up. He let out a growl in frustration as his eyes traveled among the three furries, standing poised and ready to fight. He clenched his metal fists and his glare turned darker when he noticed that Tails, the one he had been ordered to destroy, was no longer present.

"You will all die for keeping me from fulfilling my master's wish!" Metal Sonic shouted suddenly, his jetpack feet activating. He aimed his laser and shot at Knuckles without really aiming.

Knuckles jumped out of the way and Metal was not too surprised. He had shot out of anger, not for the purpose of destroying someone. With a shout Metal took a sudden dive for the echidna.

"Knuckles!" Shouted both Espio and Shadow in unison.

Knuckles was unfazed by Metals attempt and caught the incoming fist with his own hand. As the two slid across the metal floor because of Metals inertia, Metal threw a second punch, which Knuckles caught in his other hand. Metal's eyes widened slightly in surprise, and Knuckles took the opportunity to bring up his foot and kick the cyborg square in the face. Metal flew backwards and landed with a thud, even more surprised then before. Obviously Metal had underestimated the echidna. With an angry shout Metal pulled himself from the ground and flew into the air again.

"How dare you challenge your master!" He shouted.

"Bring it!" Challenged Knuckles, a confident grin on his face.
An image of a certain blue hedgehog flashed in Metals mind, and it was like a volcano exploding. Metal locked on the echidna and blasted a laser beam straight for him. Again Knuckles attempted to dodge it, but Metal brought up his other arm and shot a second laser. Unlike the purple laser on his left hand, his right hand held a red laser. It hit the echidna and threw him into the ground with a sickening thud. Knuckles screamed in pain as the red laser sent wave after wave of electricity coursing through him.

"Hey!" Shouted Shadow, anger welling up inside him. He took a running start and jumped straight into the air and toward the cyborg. He began to curl in an attempt to form a spindash.

Metal saw the slightly curled hedgehog from the corner of his eye and reacted quickly. Taking the purple laser off Knuckles and leaving the red one on him, Metal locked on Shadow and blasted him square in the face. Shadow crashed to the ground and slid to a stop, before clutching his face and curling into a fetal position as it burned.

Espio jumped into the air, and moving his hands about in a ninja like fashion, he shouted "mekuramashi no jutsu!" Suddenly he did a black flip before his whole figure disappeared, and he became invisible. Growling, Metal stopped his assault on the two wounded furries and looked around carefully. Without warning, Espio appeared behind him, and with a kick Metal was sent to the ground again. Espio then landed with one hand on the ground and one knee bent to absorb the impact.

He looked behind him with a smug smile, expecting to see Metal on the ground. The smile disappeared when he didn't spot the cyborg. Suddenly something blocked his sunlight. Espio turned in time to see a metal fist connect with his face. Espio reeled back words and landed with a thud, his right eye starting to swell from the impact.

"Ha! Almost too easy" Metal muttered.

Metal walked over to the convulsing echidna and laughed evilly. He raised his right hand and began to charge the laser, when a strange sound caused him to stop. Metal turned in surprise, and spotted the red plane in the distance. It was coming toward the ship at an incredible rate. Metal growled and turned toward the unconscious echidna and once again raised his laser.

Only something collided with his side and sent him twisting about in the air before he collided with the ground on his back. He slid across the ground; the metal scraping against metal causing sparks. When he came to a stop he boosted his jetpacks and flipped around, taking flight into the air again.

"You think you can defeat us that easy?" Challenged Shadow. Being the ultimate life form, all the laser had managed to do is cause the hedgehog a bloody nose and a deep cut above his left eye. Espio walked up beside the black hedgehog, a glare on his half-swollen face that read "you-will-pay-for-that!"

"Two on one is a little unfair don't you think?" Metal asked suddenly, an evil grin spreading over his face. Before Shadow or Espio could answer, Metal raised his arm high in the air and slowly lowered it and pointed at the two furries while shouting, "Eggpawns! Attack!"

At his command, hundreds upon hundreds of sphere shaped robots came out of no where. They held weapons like spears and laser guns, and some had shields in order to protect themselves. Most were the color orange, but one or two of them were colored gold.

Shadow laughed. "These little dudes again?"

Espio looked at Shadow with confusion. "Again?"

"I recognize them from the time we attacked Eggmans fleet... Don't you remember that?"

"Of course... I guess the little machines were so insignificant I forgot all about them" Espio replied with a shrug.

"Little!?" Came a shout from Metal, causing the two to look back at him. "I'm not the only one Eggman updated! Eggpawns! Activate Eggzilla mode!"

To this command half of the Eggpawns exploded into millions of tiny pieces of scrap metal. Then the pieces began to mold together, into a giant velociraptor shaped robot. It's long tail swished back and forth, and its red robotic eyes shined brighter. It had cannons on its side, and at the end of it's long tail was an arrowhead. It's neck and stomach were heavily plated and the color gold. It opened its mouth full of sharp metal teeth, and at the back of its throat was a laser cannon. It also had long metal claws on its small hands and large feet. The remaining Eggpawns crowded around Eggzillas feet.

Both Shadow and Espio stared in awe at the nine-foot high beast.
Metal could not help but laugh at them. "Now who is the little one?" Without waiting for an answer he pointed with his metallic finger again. "Eggzilla! Destroy them!"

Eggzilla let out a roar that vibrated the whole ship, before charging. It's feet pounding on the metal surface caused the whole ship to shake. Shadow and Espio held their ground. The machine attempted to grab Espio between its jaws when it came upon the two, but Espio jumped out of the way. Unfortunately while Espio did this Eggzilla swung its tail around. It hit Espio and sent him flying all the way to the top floor of the metal ship.

Shadow saw this and in worry shouted "Espio!"

It was faint, but Shadow heard his reply. "I'm okay."

Reassured, Shadow turned to Eggzilla. "Bring it on you overgrown lizard!"

"There is no way we're going to let you win!" Came a voice.

Shadow looked behind him to see Tails heading over to the black hedgehog. He got into a fighting position beside Shadow, giving him a "lets-do-this" look. Shadow glanced over and saw Rouge tending to the now recovering echidna. Cream was next to her, along with Cheese. Shadow smiled at Tails with a look of "it's-about-time-you-got-here" on his face.

Eggzilla roared, reminding the two that the battle was not over yet. It opened its mouth, charging a huge gold colored laser that would disintegrate anything in its path. Tails and Shadow saw this and and ran as far as they could to get away from Eggzillas mouth. Suddenly an array of bullets caused the robot to close its mouth again, and roar in frustration at the incoming plane. Shadow stopped running to shout "it's about time you lazy faker!" While Tails seemed confused.

The plane flew in close enough to allow Vector and Amy a safe land when they jumped out of the plane. After the plane rose into the air again and began circling the Eggship.

Tails felt tears sting his eyes when he saw Amy jogging up to them. "Amy!" He shouted, running to greet her with a hug. Amy caught him as he jumped into her arms, crying herself.

"Tails! I missed you!" Amy cried.

Tails snuggled with her and said "I missed you too."

"AMY!" Came a shout. This one came from the little rabbit. Tails let go of Amy in order to allow the little rabbit free access to Amy. The little rabbit jumped into Amy's arms, crying hysterically. The little chao did the same.

"Cream... Oh Cream... I missed you so much" Amy said with a soft smile.

Shadow, Vector, and Tails stood with knowing faces. That is until an angry roar reminded them that Eggzilla was still present. Shadow, Vector, and Tails turned poised and ready to fight.

"Cream, go back over to were Rouge is, I don't want you to get hurt" Amy ordered, before pulling out her Piko-Piko hammer and getting ready. Cream quickly did what she was told.

The robot charged again, this time shooting rockets out of it's rocket launchers on its side. Shadow jumped into the air, and pulling out the blue chaos emerald, shouted "Chaos control!" Instead of disappearing however, he created a bubble of white light, which the rockets were drawn into. When the rockets had flown in to the bubble, Shadow let the power slip. The bubble disappeared to a different location as Shadow fell to the ground, weak and exhausted because of the exertion of energy.

"Good thinking Shadow!" Tails shouted. Shadow held up a shaking hand from where he lay on the ground to let the little fox know he had acknowledged him. Tails smiled, before turning back toward Eggzilla. "Now it's my turn!"

Eggzilla opened its mouth, attempting another laser blast. This time Tails picked up a piece of scrap metal on the ground and threw it into the air. Then he spun around and with all his might hit it with his tail, like a baseball player hits a baseball with a baseball bat. The scrap metal flew threw the air and hit the Eggzilla in the mouth. With an all most pain like roar, Eggzilla closed its mouth again as the scrap metal inside it damaged the laser in the back of it's throat.

"Homerun!" Shouted Vector.

"That was pretty good!" Amy said, smiling warmly at the little fox.

Tail blushed while scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah... I guess so..."

Eggzilla roared in frustration, before charging at the remaining furries.

"Here I come!" Amy cried as she took off at a running start at the machine, her hammer at the ready. When she was in reach Eggzilla opened his mouth and snapped at Amy, except Amy was ready for him. Jumping into the air, Amy swung her hammer hard and hit Eggzilla on the side of it's face. The giant robot crashed to the ground as Amy landed.

"Whoo hoo!" Amy cried turning to Tails.

Tails jumped into the air, waving his hands frantically. "Amy! Look out!"

"Huh...?" Amy heard a metallic growl behind her and turned in time to see the Eggzilla as it lifted its foot over her.

"Eeek!" Amy cried, jumping out of the way just as Eggzillas foot crashed onto the ground.

"Amy!" Tails cried, running toward the machine. "Get away from her!"

Eggzilla swung its tails around and surprisingly the arrowhead at the end of its tail shot out of it. It flew through the air at incredible speed, spreading out to form into a spinning assault. Tails let out a yelp as it collided with him straight on and sent him crashing to the floor.

"Tails!" Amy cried. Her distraction allowed Eggzilla to swing its tailback around and quickly wrap it around her waist.

Metal Sonic, who had been watching the whole battle from a safe distance, laughed as Amy struggled in Eggzilla's grip.

"Let go of me you big meanie!" Amy shouted, kicking her legs in an attempt to get out.

Metal laughed some more. "You guys are no match for us! Eggzilla destroy her!"

A sudden array of bullets caused Eggzilla to drop Amy and step back, roaring in frustration. The Tornado's bullets were no match for the metallic armor on Eggzilla, but at least it had distracted the beast, allowing Amy to escape and check to see if Tails was all right.

"What the-?" Metal said under his breath. He turned and let out an angry snarl when he saw the Tornado coming straight for the ship. "You!"

Metal, thinking the Tornado would turn up, was about to activate his turbo boost for an aerial chase. Only he noticed the Tornado was not turning up, as though it had been locked on course, and its target was Eggzilla. Metal squinted, trying to see what crazy idiot would kill himself by crashing a plane into a robot. Metals eyes widened in surprise. There was no driver in it at all!
Confused, Metal squinted harder, only to find it was correct. There was no driver in the cockpit.

Eggzilla roared in defiance as the Tornado neared the giant robot. It was like slow motion as the Tornado crashed into the giant raptor, piercing through it, and coming out the other side of its back. Eggzilla sparked and hissed for about a minute or two, before the fuel tanks exploded. Fire exploded from all its sides, burning on the metal, before the Eggzilla crashed on its side, out of power.

Metal seemed surprised, for he hadn't expected such an attack.
"Two on one is a little unfair don't you think?" Came an arrogant and smug voice.

Metal turned, anger flashing in his red eyes. "You! I should of known you would be here!"

Sonic smiled confidently at the robot. "I wouldn't miss this party for anything!"

"SONIC!" Amy shouted, though not in a joyous manner. Sonic winced as he turned, only to see a very angery Amy stomping her way towards him. "You promised that you wouldn't fight!"

"Uhhhh... yeah... well you see... I kinda destroyed the Tornado... So I really don't have a choice..."

"Why you little...!" Amy shouted, pulling out her hammer. Sonic squeaked before curling up into a protective ball.

Suddenly a hand grabbed the hammer on the other side. Amy's eyes widened in surprise, and she turned to see Knuckles, Rouge, Tails, Cream and Cheese.

"Don't get so mad Amy" came a sudden voice from behind Sonic. It was Shadow, and beside him was Vector and Espio.

"This thing's a piece of cake... With all of us working together, we'll be able to destroy it in no time" Knuckles said, pulling the hammer out of Amy's grasp.

"Phew!" Sonic said, standing up again and wiping his brow with the back of his hand. "I really thought I was dead meat there for a second."

"Hello Mr. Sonic!" Cream cried, jumping in front of the blue hedgehog. "It's so good to see you again!"

"It's nice to see you too Cream" Sonic said smiling at the little rabbit warmly.

Cheese let out a cry for joy and flew over and landed on Sonics head. The little chao let out a loud "chao" in happiness after, which caused everyone to laugh quietly.

Everyone except Tails, who had stood wondered if it was a dream, if that was really his hero standing there. Tears rimmed his eyes, and Tails couldn't help but let out a cry of joy and grasp the blue hedgehog in a hug, fighting tears.

"Whoa!" Sonic said. He looked down and noticed Tails, and his face turned gentle. Sonic got down to Tails' level and hugged Tails back. After Sonic let go and grabbed both of Tails arms.

"Hey! No more crying. I need you to be strong, kay little buddy?" Sonic asked.

Tails wiped his tears away with the back of his hand, before nodding his head. "Okay..."

"All right! There's my main man! You ready to kick some butt!?"
Tails smiled up at his hero. "Let's do this!"

Metal Sonic watched all this with high interest. He wondered what it was like to have friends like that. He didn't though; all he had was Eggman, who wasn't even a friend. Eggman owned him; he wasn't friends with him.

Metal felt tears, yes tears folks, brim his eyes. He had never felt the sensation before, yet for some reason he knew what they were for. Metal slowly lowered himself to the ground.

When the Sonic team looked back toward him, they were surprised to see Metal sitting on the ground, his head held dejectedly.

Metal suddenly looked up with his eyes smoldering. "Sonic! You have one of the most beautiful things in the world... All this time I thought I was jealous because I could not defeat you, but the truth is... I'm jealous of you and your friends."

The Sonic group looked at one another before turning back to Metal with sad looks on their faces.

"Don't you ever give that up! Don't you ever take that thing for granted!" Metal shouted again, before hanging his head.

Suddenly two red shoes with white stripes entered his vision.

Metal looked up to see Amy with her hand outstretched, smiling at him. Metal hesitated, before taking Amy's hand.

Amy pulled him to his feet and smiled at him. "I'll be your friend!"

Metals eyes widened in surprise when he noticed the whole Sonic crew were smiling at him. "Whoever's a friend of Amy's, is a friend of mine" Sonic said with a shrug.

"Welcome to the Sonic crew Metal" Tails said with his hand outstretched. Metal took it and the two shook hands.

"Metal how dare you betray me!" The Sonic crew turned toward the evil voice that was being projected out of some hidden speakers.

Suddenly the ship began to shake. On the floor a hole suddenly appeared, and slowly a giant machine started to rise out of it. It was a giant Eggzilla; the only difference was that it had spikes that traveled all the way along its neck and back. It also had a cockpit, which was where Eggman was controlling the ship.

Metal turned to the Sonic crew. "You guys better get out of here!"
"But what about you?" Asked Cream, looking at Metal Sonic with concern.

"I will be fine... I'll stall him while you guys get out of here!"
Sonic stood quietly for a moment, staring at Metal, before reluctantly agreeing. "You heard him! Lets head toward the Tornado II!" Sonic turned on his heel and started at a fast jog, and the Sonic crew followed him.

"One problem" Tails said before as he jogged up beside Sonic. "We all won't fit inside of the Tornado II!"

Sonic turned toward Tails. "Well you can fly... and if it's anything like the tornado I can fly it..."

Rouge jogged up on the other side of Sonic. "I can fly too! And some one can ride on the front of the plane..."

"And if Tails and Rouge each carry a person, that leaves just enough seats for everyone" Knuckles said from behind them.
Tails nodded. "Right!"

As soon as the Sonic crew made it to the Tornado II, the placed the weakest from the fight inside the Tornado II, who were Knuckles, Shadow, and Espio. Then Tails grabbed hold of Cream and Rouge grabbed hold of Vector, while Amy jumped on to the front of the plane. Sonic a little confused by all the buttons was finally able to get the plane started by pressing the buttons randomly. A couple minutes more, and the plane was in flight.

An Explosion rattled the Eggship seconds after the Tornado II took off. Everyone turned to look back, only to see the Eggship retreating from Station Square.

"He did it!" Shouted Knuckles in surprise.

"Of course he did!" Shadow said, very tempted to hit Knuckles in the head.

"Do you think he's okay?" Asked Amy.

"I wouldn't doubt it" answered Sonic. "He's a lot tougher then he looks."

All the furries in the plane took Sonics word for it; since he really was the only one who had battled with Metal Sonic, and so knew the extent of Metal's abilities.

Sonic gazed into the darkening sky, watching the beautiful sunset as it started to sink into the earth. 'Finally... I can go home and get some rest' Then he turned his gaze back toward Station Square. 'Life is really getting back to normal now...'
"Sonic?" Came a voice to Sonics ears.

Sonic jumped before turning toward who had called him. "Yeah Knucklehead?"

"What the hell took you so long! Sheesh! When it comes to arriving at Eggmans ship you sure do take your time!" Knuckles shouted.
Shadow joined the assualt "You stupid faker! I nearly died out there waiting for you-"

Shadow continued to yell and scream at the hedgehog, while Sonic blocked him out.

"Are you listening to me? Sonic! You stupid little spike rat! Listen to me when I'm talking to you!"

Sonic smiled despite himself. 'Yep... Life's really getting back to normal...'
Sign up to rate and review this story