Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Borderline Romance

Show your true colours

by Leah270193 1 review

Is Lorna really just 'a positive person' Gerard finds out. Rate review please!!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-12-29 - Updated: 2008-12-29 - 1048 words

0Unrated
A/N: Any suggestions on how I could make it better or how the third chapter should go would be greatly appreciated:) Tell me what you think too of course. Leah
xxx


It was on the weekend before I heard anything from Lorna again. I hadn’t stopped thinking about her all week, I was utterly lovesick. I barely knew her but I simply couldn’t stop day-dreaming about her. It sounds super childish but my crush on her was growing by the hour. By the Friday evening I was contemplating whether I should ask her out for a pizza or something.
Even though I was excited to get a text from her on the Saturday I was worried as well. I was expecting it to say ‘hey, how are you?’ or something of that nature. But instead it was far more troubling and urgent:
‘I wnt 2 go sumware. Cn u meet me in 10 mins by park gates? Lorna.x’

At reading this I hastily pulled on my trainers and grabbed my leather jacket. I almost ran to the park, praying that all the while she was okay. It would have been different if I knew that she didn’t have a mental illness but I knew she did; even if she smiled through it all the time and disagreed with the diagnosis of it.
I looked at the time on my mobile. I was 3 minutes early still; I couldn’t help anxiously looking in the direction of her street. After what seemed like hours of standing there in a blind panic I saw her. She was walking quickly, barely looking up. Her long shiny hair hid her face. She crossed the road to meet me. With her shoulders shrugged low and her face turned away she grabbed me by the hand and pulled me into a brisk jog into a wooded area. As soon as she stopped she wrapped her arms around me and rested her head on my chest. It took a couple of seconds to notice that she was crying. I encircled my arms round her and placed my chin on top of her head.
After a while she stopped sobbing and still with her head buried into mumbled,
‘I’m never going home again … I won’t go’
I felt like protecting her and just holding her like that forever.
She looked up to face me yet her eyes tried desperately not to meet mine. And there, on the outer corner of her eye a dark indigo bruise was starting to show up.
‘Who did that to you’ I asked quietly, hoping she wouldn’t start crying again because I wasn’t sure whether I could keep the tears back, myself.
She bit her eyes and walled a small distance away from me and sat down on a log. I came to sit next to her, not sure what to say or do. The last thing I wanted was to say something idiotic and have her get angry or more upset than she already was.
A silence hung between us for a while then unexpectedly she laid her hand on my neck, leant in towards me and kissed me. Most guys would have run a mile by then claiming she was too forward. But, I dunno, for me it just seemed right.
‘Sorry’ she whispered
I eyed her sympathetically; she was obviously not at her most confident.
‘Actually, I kinda’ really liked it. But…I need to know what’s going on. Who hit you?’
Her eyes became shiny with tears; she looked up in an effort to stop them from falling.
‘My Dad’
A pain struck my chest and shot up my neck. ‘Does he like, hit you often?’
She was picking at the bark of the log obviously trying to distract herself from shedding more tears.
‘Only when he gets drunk; I don’t have a Mom; she cheated on my Dad a few years back. I haven’t seen her since.’
I took a deep breath trying to work out what I could say to make her feel a bit better.
‘I like you, Gerard…I really do.’
She hesitated for a minute and glanced up at me I guess she was trying to read my expression.
‘Fuck…I’m just gonna say it’ I heard her murmur.
Suddenly, reams of what, I assumed was rehearsed dialog that had been running round in her head all week came out. She told me she wanted to be more than friends with me. That she felt something she’d never felt for anyone before and that she thought I was hot. I could feel myself going bright red. I probably looked like a right dork.
‘I want to be with you too Lorna. I mean you’re beautiful and clever and really sweet.’
A smile started to grow on her face and I could feel my heart flutter madly.
‘Gerard…If we’re going to be together you gotta promise me something.’
‘Yeah sure’, at this point I felt so head over heels for her I would promise to do entirely what she wished’
‘You gotta promise not to bail out of this relationship, like after just a week or so of being with me.’
I felt a little confused and worried at this. Why would she think I would do that?
‘Gerard, look at me for a minute. I can’t smile all the time…I just can’t. I’m not always happy. Normally I’m a fuckin’ mess. You’ve got to understand that.’
‘I promise’
I smiled at her sympathetically and pulled her into a hug. We got up and walked hand in hand to the park gates. She turned to leave but as I saw the worry and pain that flashed across her eyes as she turned to look at me one last time a sick feeling in my stomach that made me stop her in her tracks.
‘Lorna I won’t let you go home. He…you’re Dad- he might hurt you. Come back to mine.’
I prayed she’d say yes. She nodded at me gratefully and kissed me deeply. After our lips parted she whispered a soft and gentle ‘Thank you’ in my ear.
Sign up to rate and review this story