Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A little less sixteen candles

A little less sixteen candles

by TheBestFrigginShoes 2 reviews

A cliche' but cutesy story of a girl who is in love with her unavailable best friend, and the average teenage heartache which ensues as a consequence.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-01-05 - Updated: 2009-01-05 - 1200 words

0Unrated
So this is my little filler story whilst I try to post the rest of Bushels. I wrote this story quite a while back, so the writing is rather poor at times I think. I have finished this story, so I will post and update after a sufficient amount of reviews after each chapter.

This is just a short story - eleven chapters long. It's quite teenie,cliche' and fluffy, and it might not contain a whole lot of depth, but it is purely a teen romance and the first (and only) story I have completed.

It's partly inspired by the song 'A little less sixteen candles, a little more ''touch me'' by Fall Out Boy. It features Brendon Urie - I hope you like it.

________________
I think that I first fell in love with Brendon when we were fourteen years old. Roughly two years ago from now.I don't think it was a sudden thing. It started out small; like a minor wondering or fantasy of mine that I never really spent too much of my time thinking about. Then, as time passed, it begun to progress more and more. So that now , I'm at point of my life where I am so hopelessly in love with the boy that It's practically an infatuation. It's impossible for my heart to not pound at lightening speed whenever I see him, or my skin not to tingle when he touches me.

Or not to be overcome with utter jealousy whenever I see him with her.

She's his girlfriend. Amber's her name. He's very much in love with her, everybody can tell. And why wouldn't he be? She's perfect. A much better girlfriend candidate than me anyway. She's pretty, with her perfect hair always in perfect curls, and a perfect figure that all the guys lust after. Unfortunately for them, and of course, for me, she's Brendon's.

She has been for three months now; Three long, excruciating months.

Of course, he, and the rest of the world, have no idea how painful a time it's been for me. He is completely unaware of how uncomfortable I get whenever she's around us. Kissing him. Touching him. Completely draping herself on him.

Not that I have a chance with him. Not ever. I'm the best friend, and that's all he sees me as. Always has done, and always will do. I'm not his type. I'm certainly no perfect Amber.

I'm just plain old Callie Stevens.

I'm shorter and flatter, and paler than Amber. And my hair hangs in a boring dishwasher blonde color, no curls in sight. I dont dress in low cut tops or small skirts; instead I much prefer to wear an old comfy pair of jeans and a hoodie thankyou very much.

But even though Amber's perfect, I still don't think she deserves him.

I'm the one who was always there for him. Through everything. We went through every awkward stage of growing up together. He had my back and I had his. That's just how it was. But ever scince she came into the picture I've had to take a backseat in his life. We're still best friends, but now everything is about her.

And I hate it.

'Callie!' My mother's voice called from the hallway, snapping me out of my bitter thoughts. 'Brendon's here!'

This surprised me, as we hadn't arranged to meet up anywhere today and I had presumed he was with Amber as he usually is on a Saturday. Plus, I was so wound up in my thoughts I didn't even notice the doorbell go off.

'Hey Callie' He greeted me, as I entered the hallway where he was stood.

I could tell something was wrong by the sombre tone of his voice and the downcast look on his gorgeous face.

'Is something wrong Brendon?' I asked, folding my arms.

'Yeah' He said 'It's Amber.'

I blinked in surprise, but quickly shook it off in an attempt to seem nonchalant.

'Oh, well come inside and sit down, and you can tell me all about it.' I said, walking into the living room with him following me.

'Well' He said, once we had sat down on the couch. 'She told me that she's met someone else.'

'Oh no' I breathed giving him a sympathetic look. 'Who?'

'Some guy called Colin who she met through some friend.' He said, bitterly. 'Anyway. She said that she wasn't completely sure who she wanted, but she decided that she would go out with Colin for a while and see how things go with him. If it doesn't work out, then she said she'll come back to me.'

My jaw dropped.

'But you wouldn't let her, right?'

'Sure I would' He said, as if it was obvious.

'But Brendon, she, she...this isn't fair on you!'

'But Callie' He said 'I love her. I don't care if I have to wait. She'll go out with this Colin guy and realise it won't work out and that it's me she wants instead. She has to.'

But he seemed to be trying to convince himself rather than me.

'So what?' I said in slight anger. 'Your just going to let her mess with your feelings and take you and drop you whenever it suits her?'

'Callie!' He said sternly, looking me right in the eye 'I love her. And, you know, you've gotta fight for the people you love right? I'm not letting this be the end. I justI just have to try and make her see that it's me she's supposed to be with, not Colin'

My heart always felt like it had just been stamped upon everytime he mentioned the 'L' word.
He trailed off, seeming to be in deep thought.

'Maybe you could talk to her.' He piped up.

I scoffed at his idea. 'Brendon, I don't talk with Amber. '

'Sure you do.'

'No, I dont.' I said, which made him frown. Obviously only just realising how he'd never seen me converse with Amber at all.

'Oh.' He said 'Well, you could start'

'It's not gonna happen Brendon' I said, shaking my head. 'I'm sorry.'

'Fine' He muttered, placing his head in his hands.

'I really am sorry.' I said, placing a hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

He looked up at me with his deep, dark brown eyes. 'I know' He said with a lopsided smile 'Thanks.'

He sat up and embraced me, making butterflies form in my stomach. We hardly ever hugged anymore, not scince he got together with Amber. I missed it.

Even though they had now broken up, I really didn't feel as happy or as satisified as I imagined I would. I think it's mainly because Brendon still seems to be completely head over heels for her. I doubt he'll be getting over her anytime soon.Plus, he just seems so...crushed.
I'm no better off than I was before, really.

I still have to put on that fake smile, and act as if everything's OK.
_________________

Review and I shall update for you! Mwah x
Sign up to rate and review this story