Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A little less sixteen candles

Just off a lost cause

by TheBestFrigginShoes 2 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-01-06 - Updated: 2009-01-06 - 726 words

0Unrated
'I've always disliked Amber.' Liz was saying to me one morning at school, after I'd told her about what happened between Amber and Brendon.

Liz, next to Brendon, is my closest friend. She doesn't know of my feelings for him though. Though sometimes I can't help but feel as if she suspects something. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I don't know why I've never told her. I guess I'm just scared she'll make too big a deal out of it. She's good at doing that. So my infatuation remains just between me and myself.

'Something about her just seems so...fake y'know?'

I nodded in agreement.

'That's what all guys seem to go for these days.' I said, rolling my eyes, as we neared my locker, where we we found Brendon standing, staring at the floor.

'He looks miserable.' Said Liz.

'Hey Bdon.' I said, causing him to snap out of his current fascination with his feet.

'Hey Callie.'

'Guys, I'm off.' Said Liz 'I need to talk to Mr.Gregory about something.'

I nodded, and she left, leaving me and Brendon alone.

It was refreshing to see him at school with Amber not hanging off him.

'So how you holding up?' I said, giving him a feather-light punch on the shoulder.

He shrugged. 'OK I guess.'

I looked at him sadly. 'Look' I said 'why don't you come round tonight? We can watch some movies. Chill out. Like old times.'

Before Amber came and you ditched me practically every single night for her.

'OK, sure.' He said 'Sounds good.'

So that afternoon after the bell rang signaling the end of school, I waited outside for Brendon in the school parking lot, and we walked back to my house together. We hadn't walked back from school with each other in a long time as he would usually walk with Amber. At first he tried to get me to walk with them as well, but not wanting to be the third-wheel or observe their entwined hands the whole journey, I would often make sure I left either really early or late as to avoid them.

'We haven't done this in a long time.' He said, looking towards the sky, his hands in his pockets.

'Hmm' I agreed.

Brendon's mood was annoyingly sulky most of the way back and continued that way through most of our evening. It was only halfway through watching Aladdin (It's a childhood tradition of ours that I make him keep. I know he enjoys it really) that he began to lighten up, and before long we were singing along with and quoting the entire movie together.

'I can show you the world' I'd sing in a deep voice, then he'd chime in with Jasmine's part putting a ridiculously squeaky voice on which never failed to crack me up.

'I missed doing this with you.' He said, once the film had finished. 'I guess I'd just been so busy with Amber the whole time.'

I frowned. I was hoping the topic of Amber wouldn't be brought up for the rest of the night.

We sat in silence for a moment or two; Brendon devouring the rest of the popcorn before turning to me and saying;

'I was talking to my band mates yesterday, and Spencer said the best way to get her back is to make her see what she's missing.'

'Oh?' I said 'And how do you plan on doing that?'

'Spencer suggested making her jealous.Getting with another girl or something. What do you think?'

I frowned, I definitely did not need him dating someone else right now.

'Wouldn't that mean you'd be using a girl?' I said.

'Yeah I guess' He frowned 'What if I just made her think that I was dating someone else?'

'You're really not going to give up, are you?' I sighed, as he lay he head upon a cushion, a cute pout on his face.

'No. I love her.' He said.


I swear it killed me just a little bit more each time he said it.

___________

Here's the update, like I said - an update everyday if i get some reviews...so if you wnat another post tomorrow,start reviewing(Y)
Sign up to rate and review this story