Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A little less sixteen candles

You said you'd keep me honest

by TheBestFrigginShoes 4 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-01-07 - Updated: 2009-01-07 - 602 words

0Unrated
I was sat at the lunch table with Liz, Holly, Brendon and Brent, all of us occupied with poking the unedible contents on our plates timidily with our forks when Steven, a fairly cute guy from my English class, approached us.

'Heya guys. I'm having a party on the 18th round my place. Any of you interested in coming?'

We looked at each other, shrugged and nodded.

'Sounds good!' Said Holly.

'Awesome. Starts at eight.' Steven said, before departing.

I turned to Brendon who was sat beside me, still inspecting the contents of his plate somewhat monotonously.

'So are you going?' I asked.

'I dunno.' He shrugged. 'Amber will probably be there, and she'll bring Colin.'

'Not Amber again.' Brent grunted, before surprising us all by stuffing whatever it was that sat on our plates, in his mouth.

'Ew' Said Holly 'I don't know how you can do that.'

'Anyway' Said Liz 'Brendon, you've gotta go. Show her that you don't need her. Have fun, enjoy yourself. She'll hate it.'

'Really?' He said.

'Totally!' Said Liz. 'This could be your chance to show her what she's missing.'

This instantly reminded me of the conversation we'd had the previous night about Spencer telling him he should date another girl. I was hoping he'd forget about this whole idea, but it was made clear once we began our journey home again that it wasn't the case.

'Oh God, she's behind us.' Brendon said nervously, as we neared the street that Brendon, Amber and I all 'conveniently' lived on.

'So what Brendon? Come on just forget about her.'

'I can't' He said. 'It means she's watching us- wait.' He said his eyes snapping wide as if just thinking off something.

'Hold my hand.' He said out of the corner of his mouth.

'What?'

'Callie just hold my hand.'

'But why?' I said. But he didn't answer and instead, just grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together.

I understood what was going on immediately. I waited until Amber had turned off to her house before turning on him.

'Brendon!' I hissed 'what was that about?'

'Look, Callie' He said, grabbing both my hands and facing me excitedly. 'I never told you this but Amber always felt threatened by our relationship with eachother. She was jealous of you.'

Oh, so that explains why he practically ignored my existence whenever she was around.

'So what? You wanna pretend to her that we're dating now or something?' I scoffed.

'Exactly.' He said.

'Not gonna happen!'

'Oh, come on Callie why not?'

'Because.' I said.

'It'll only be when she's around.' He said 'Come on Callie, please?'

'No.'

'Callie'

'No!'

'Come on Cal, we just walked home holding hands in front of her. Wouldn't that seem strange if we're not dating? Callie if you do this for me, I'll owe you big time. Please, it'll only be for a little while. Until she gets so jealous she has to have me back. Please Callie, you're my best friend , please do this for me, please, please, please-'

'Fine.' I sighed, in defeat.

'Yes! Thank you!' He said, hugging me tightly. 'Your always there for me Callie.' He said, breaking away and smiling at me.

I just put on a weak smile in return, with a dreaded inkling inside me that pretending to be the girlfriend of the guy I love could not go well at all.
Sign up to rate and review this story