Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Tell Me My Life

chapter twelve

by erinisavictim 2 reviews

this was a headache to write!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-01-07 - Updated: 2009-01-08 - 1581 words

0Unrated
(i think the beginning is probably really confusing, and poorly written to an extreme. buttttttt stay with me? about 99.999% of this chapter is either katelynn or william's thoughts, which is why some of it is present tense rather than past)

william beckett;

I think I stood up and sat back down about fifty times before I actually decided anything. It was so tempting to just not go back. I could call this whole plan off. Let Brendon deal with it himself, if he was so sure he could keep the girl safe. That way my life could go back to normal, I could go back home and tell everyone to return to what they were doing before all this happened. I could sit in my den with my favorite book and a glass of tea, and wait for Brendon to give up and come back as well.

Too bad I'm definitely not that sort of person.

I wasn't too sure where my feet were taking me, but apparently they weren't in any hurry. After about ten minutes of walking I found another park bench and sat down again. Wearily, my head fell into my hands.

It really is too bad, I thought. Brendon surely deserved no more than just that. I'm just trying to protect him from the most lasting, miserable hurt of all. He's got no idea what he's doing, and neither does Katelynn. Stupid girl. Stupid, ignorant girl. She doesn't know how much she's going to destroy Brendon. I was going to have to watch my very best friend be ruined by her. The stupid girl.

I stood in frustration, starting to walk again. And then, inevitably, a question popped into my mind.

Did that mean that Harper was stupid and ignorant?

No. No no no no no. I'm the stupid one, for even thinking that. Besides, it's a completely different situation. Unlike Brendon, I never had the luxury of a warning.

-------------------

katelynn;

How did I expect this to hurt? It felt so fucking good when Brendon kissed me like this. Unreal. Dreamlike. His beautiful icy tounge is licking lustfully at the side of my face. I feel him sucking lightly on the skin there. I want to be closer to him. I want to feel his glorious tounge explore my entire body. I want to...

touch.

Yes! That's what I want to do. I bring my hands up the the front of his shirt and start with the buttons, scolding myself for not doing this sooner. I was so selfish. Brendon is doing so much for me right now, and I've given nothing in return. His shirt slides off his shoulders and it falls... somewhere. My fingers begin moving around his perfect shoulders and chest. I can tell his likes this-- I'm rewarded with a moan, follwed by an especially wonderful sucking pressure on my skin.

My Brendon. He needs more. My hands are tracing around the top of his jeans. Why am I being so slow? I reprimand myself for my ignorance again. He wants this, and therefore he shall have it. My fingers start moving to remove his jeans...

Then a door is thrown open. Brendon's weight is lifted off of me, and--



A scream of agony ripped past my lips. Blinding, searing pain. I crumpled to the floor, gasping, trying to compose myself enough to understand what was going on. The throbs of pain tearing through my body seemed to have a source, I quickly noticed. My hand rose to the spot, and I felt a gash down the entire left side of my face, much longer and deeper than that which had been caused by my fall earlier. When I withdrew my shaking hand, it was painted red. How had this happened? The last thing I rememberd was Brendon pushing me, and then... hurting.

------------

William;

Completely different. And just as I had no right to compare the two events, neither did Brendon. But, I digress.

I knew that I couldn't leave them there. I knew I had to return, and continue protecting the girl. Not so much for her sake as his-- by that point, it would have killed him if something happened to her-- but I still didn't hate her enough to let the Sangladri have her. They were vile, hideous creatures. They wouldn't just kill her, they would destroy her inside and out. And, I reminded myself, she is a dangerous weapon against the Dandies, in their hands. I laughed dryly, realizing that I'd completely forgotten the reason I'd agreed to protect her in the first place.

It was then that I noticed where I was. Several points seemed to reach me at once. One: I was standing directly in front of the hotel we were staying in. Two: the sweet, familiar smell of fresh blood was drenching the entire building.

My mind was blank. I started running.

------------

I didn't care if anyone noticed how fast I was moving. I took the stairs, however many I could handle at a time. I reached the room after about ten seconds and threw the door open. When the image before me registered, I jumped on Brendon, throwing him to the floor. Instinctively, I shifted to a crouch over Katelynn's bloody body, holding my arms out protectively.

Brendon growled at me when he realized what had happened. Sooner than I expected he was on his feet again, his stance similar to mine, but to fight rather than to protect.

"Move, Beckett." He bared his bloody teeth as he spoke. Judging by the bright crimson colour of his shirt and hands, I could tell that he had done a lot of damage already.

"No. She's dying, Brendon. I thought you said you loved her."
"I do love her. Now move!"
"No."
Suddenly, he lunged at me, attempting to throw me out of his way. But I was quicker, and stronger. I pushed him back again.

"Try again," I heard myself say, "and I will kill you. You know that I can."

Would I really kill him? Of course not. Brendon was my friend, my brother. But it obviously worked, because he stepped back after a second of contemplation. At this, I chanced a glance at the girl behind me on the floor. Katelynn's face was marred into a nearly unrecognizeable bloody mess. She was unconcious. I silently prayed that she was still alive.

"You don't even care, William. Why can't I have her? You don't care."
Honestly it saddened me to see my best friend so far gone from himself. Was this what I had been like, when I...?
"Trust me, Brendon. You will regret it. Trust me as your brother."
He seemed to consider this for a moment. I wished he would hurry up, as I needed to help this bleeding girl. But then his stance stiffened again, and his face was livid.

"I want her. You're in the way."
"You're going to kill me too, then? Stand up straight, Brendon."

This was the sort of direct order that even he couldn't refuse. His threatening stance was replaced by a very rigid one, his arms pinned to his sides and his legs straight.

"And stay here," I ordered, "until I'm gone. Do not follow me."

His livid eyes never left me as I turned and picked up the limp red heap that was Katelynn. I was overcome with reliefe when I realized that she was breathing.

"Why are you doing this?" Brendon asked, as I made my way to the door with the girl in my arms. I thought for a second.
"Because you're my brother, and I can't let you kill her. You think you want to, but you don't. You'd feel it in the morning." And with that, I left quickly, trying to avoid crossing paths with anyone else on my way out of the hotel.

-----------------

katelynn;

I woke up on a bench. I didn't know where I was, just that it was night time and I was on a hard wooden bench. I looked around, getting worried. Where was Brendon? Where was... anyone? I felt tears building in my eyes. Then suddenly, a voice behind me made me turn around sharply.

"I won't bother with 'I-told-you-sos', but for the record I did save you."

Oh. The memories came flooding (painfully) back to me. Although, I didn't remember being rescued. Why had he done that? He hated me.

All the same, I thought, he saved me. I smiled up at him weakly, not knowing what else to do. "Thanks, William."











congrats to harper (let_it_go) on being dead-a-dead-a-dead! You'll find out more about her character in the next chapter, but her reviews are always so nice that I wanted to at least mention her name this time (:
if this chapter made no sense at all, please say something. I feel odd about it. Also, it gets bloodier. No worries.

i think i'm gonna celebrate my own 16th birthday by writing a horribly smutty oneshot about brendon fucking ryan ross into an early grave. hahahah look for that at the end of the month XD



ps. (24 hours later) i just noticed that i wrote something about william drinking tea, rotfl. so new rule, vampires are in fact allowed to drink tea. don't let anyone tell you otherwise, because when i picture william beckett sitting down with a book, theres no way to get the tea out of his hand.
Sign up to rate and review this story