Categories > Original > Fantasy > Storm

3

by KateMarieCullen 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2009-01-14 - Updated: 2009-01-15 - 679 words

0Unrated
Here it is! The next chapter! sorry it's taken so long, but I haven't had a chance to update for a while. But never fear, the next chapter is almost ready. I'll go write that now... =D

Enjoy,
Kate


We spent a week longer in the hospital, when the scans didn’t show up anything unusual we were allowed to go home. I thought it was weird that our brains didn’t look different to anyone else’s. Perhaps the change was more subtle. In the end, Jez and I decided that it was better that no one else knew what we could do. If someone who we couldn’t trust found out, they might tell someone- and we could end up as test subjects for the rest of our lives.

Jez and I decided to do our own little tests, and found that we could be at opposite ends of the hospital and still “hear” each other. We decided that it would be a good idea to find out just how far we could go before we were out of reach.

Other than this testing of our new "power", as we liked to call it, nothing peculiar occurred for the rest of the week. However, Jez’s reactions towards Dr. Masen had not changed.
As the doctor was signing us out, such a spell of speechlessness overcame Jez that anyone would think she were incapable of stringing two words together.

God, Jez. Get a grip. He’s just a guy, I told her before answering Dr. Masen.

“Okay, thanks, Dr. Masen.”

“You’ve been so god to the twins. We’ll see you next week. Thank you so much, Dr. Masen,” my mother gushed. Interesting. It seems that my sister is not the only one who is affected by the Doctor’s looks. I was glad that it wasn’t as pronounced in my mother’s case. That would have been awkward.

“No problem, they are good kids. You are very lucky Mr. and Mrs. Brandon.”
My mother smiled and thanked the doctor once again before ushering us out the door and into her car.

“Can I drive, mum?” I asked, not feeling very confident.

As I expected, she denied my request. “Storm, you’ve been in a hospital for three weeks. It’s not that I don’t trust you; it's just that I don’t want to let you drive anywhere. I’ll tell you what; you can drive to school on Monday.”

I was about to protest, but Jez made me bite my tongue. It’s already Thursday, Storm. Mum isn’t going to let us drive before Monday, so don’t push it.

Fine, I grumbled.
It was good to be back home and everyone welcomed us back to school on Monday, but after a while, Jez and I got tired of our peers pestering us to tell them what it’s like to be in a coma.

I’m so tired of that same stupid question, Jez complained to me after lunch. Isn’t it obvious that being in a coma means you’re practically braindead?

Braindead and comatose are completely different, but yeah, I know what you mean. It’s frustrating.
At least our best friends, Bre and Seth, did not make us regale our hospital stories to them. Granted, they were with us nearly every day. Instead, they spent the majority of the day catching us up all the school gossip.

Coming home from school, I was just pulling my car into the garage when Jez spotted the postman approaching our house. Jez went out to collect our mail as I parked the car.

“I have a letter here addressed to an ‘S and J Brandon’. Would that be you two?” He winked.

“Thanks, Jack,” my sister smiled, collecting the letter.

I watched through Jez’s eyes as she opened the letter once we had walked inside. We both froze when we saw what it said.

I KNOW YOU ARE DIFERENT.
I CAN EXPLAIN.
MEET ME WHERE IT HAPPENED.
4PM FRIDAY.
Sign up to rate and review this story