Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A little less sixteen candles

And I know you dressed up

by TheBestFrigginShoes 11 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-01-15 - Updated: 2009-01-15 - 635 words

0Unrated
I woke up Monday morning and got ready for school with an unusual feeling of confidence, which I owed entirely to my new look. I felt excellent. But I still knew that looking slightly better wasn't going to make Brendon fall out of love with Amber and in love with me. But hey, at least I felt good about myself.

I got changed in the outfit that Holly and Liz had picked out Saturday and went downstairs to eat breakfast and wait for Brendon to call on me.

When the doorbell rang I practically jumped out of my chair to go answer it.

'Hey Brendon.' I smiled.

'Hey Cal- woah. Callie is that you?'

I shrugged and nodded. 'Wait here, I'll go get my bag.'

And I left a stunned Brendon gaping in the doorway.

How I wish that in the future I could replay this moment over and over and over again.
It would never get old.

'You look amazing.' He said to me, once we started walking.

'Thankyou.' I said, blushing slightly.

He spent most of the journey looking at me . And to top it off, Amber was nowhere in sight so there was no need to go through all that hell.

Though I knew it had to come sooner or later.

We were standing in the hallway, by my locker. Just me and him. We were discussing the possibility of our English and Math teachers having a secret affair with eachother when suddenly he reached out and grabbed both my hands in his own.

I knew the drill.

'Brendon' I said 'I'm sure we don't have act all couply every time she sees us.'

'Did you ever see Amber and me not acting couply?' He said, looking over my shoulder.

'Good point.' I admitted, bitterly.

Amber walked passed us and gave us a smile. 'Callie you look fabulous!' She said.

'Thanks' I smiled.

Sometimes I hated how she was so damn sweet.

'She's dying inside.' Brendon said, shaking his head once she'd passed.

I rolled my eyes. Though I did have to admit, the smiles she gave us seemed faked.

'Brendon.' I said 'I've been wanting to talk to you about this whole pretend dating thing'

'Go on.' He said.

'I was kinda wondering if we could stop now.'

'But Callie! We're just starting to get somewhere.'

'Where?' I said 'It's been over a week now and she still doesn't seem to have broken things off with Colin.'

'We just need to give it some time.' He said 'Come on Callie please.'

'Brendon, I dunno-'

'Please. Look just..just give me one more week ok? Please?'

I looked at him and sighed. 'Fine.'

Why did I always end up giving in to him? Must be those eyes.

'Thankyou thankyou thankyou!' He gushed.

'Brendon?'

'Yeah?'

'Your still holding my hands.'

'Oh' He said, dropping them.

He scratched the back of his head awkwardly, a blush creeping onto his cheeks.

I gave a small nervous laugh. 'Um anyway' I said 'I'd better go catch Liz and Holly up'

'Oh ok.' He said.

'Well, see ya' I waved, turning off.

'Wait!' He said, causing me to stop and turn around again.

'Yeah?'

'She's right. You really do look great today.'

I smiled at him and turned to leave again.

'Not that you don't look great everyday!' He said quickly 'It's just uh, today you look extra, um-'

I giggled. 'I get it Brendon. Thankyou.'

He put his hands in his pockets and nodded.

OK, I've changed my mind. That is the moment I want to re-live over and over and over again.
_______


Four more chapters.
Sign up to rate and review this story