Categories > Original > Fantasy > Storm

6

by KateMarieCullen 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-01-18 - Updated: 2009-01-18 - 933 words

0Unrated
The warehouse in which Jez and I were to meet the others was on the opposite side of town to our house. Driving my Vanquish, it took us about half an hour to get there.

Nearing the large metal building, we noticed a garage door-like opening in the side of the structure. Noticing no cars were around, I figured that everyone parked inside.

My guess proved to be correct when we saw four other cars parked along the wall, just inside the door; a midnight blue BMW Z3 convertible, a red Ferrari Enzo, a silver Jeep Wrangler and, next to where I pulled in, a black Lamborghini Diablo.

Wow, that is one sexy car, Jez exclaimed appreciatively.

Definitely. It’s got to be the second hottest car ever made.

Only the second, my brother?

Of course. You are sitting in the hottest car ever made,
I replied, climbing out and admiring the two cars.

In any case, it’s a rather impressive array of vehicles, Jez said, getting out and coming to stand beside me.

We could hear people talking around behind some large shelves, so Jez and I walked over, preparing ourselves to meet them.

As we came into view, everyone fell silent, but they all smiled. Coelan walked up to us, shaking our hands and introducing us to the others.

“Everyone, this is Storm and Jezabel, our newest recruits. Storm, Jez, these people are the other members of our little group. I’ve told you about Alice; she can see the past and the future.” We greeted Alice, and she welcomed us. “This is Holly and her sister , Lisa. Holly creates force fields, and Lisa has invisibility. This is Austen, he has super speed.” Austen and Lisa were holding hands, and Jez felt a deep sense of love emanating from them both.

They must be going out, I assumed, and my sister agreed with me.

Coelan continued, unaware of our exchange. “This is Toby. He has an affinity with fire, able to summon it and move it at will. Rather dangerous in his hands, though,” he joked. Everyone laughed. “And this is Joshua.” Jez froze. Her mind was completely blank; she was unable to form any thoughts, she could only stare at Joshua.

Coelan spoke, breaking Jez out of her reverie. “Josh is a healer, and very talented too.”

“Hi,” Josh said, causing Jezabel to blush a deep pink. Never have I seen her blush this deeply before.

“You never told us, what can you do?” I asked of Coelan, to distract my sister from staring at Josh. When it didn’t work, I yelled her name in my thoughts, which seemed to bring her back to reality.

“I am a shape-shifter. I can also… teleport- for want of a better word- from one place to another in the blink of an eye. It kind of negates the need for my car, but I do like driving it.” Coelan smiled, nodding towards where the cars were parked.

“Which car is yours?” I asked curiously.

“The Lamborghini,” said Coelan, grinning.

Of course. “It’s a pretty awesome car, but I have to say, I’d chose mine any day.”

With that, Coelan disappeared, and we all heard a low whistle sound appreciatively from behind the shelves. Jez and I blinked, shocked, before turning and watching Coelan walk slowly around the corner.

He’s dazed, thought Jez, laughing aloud.

He must be impressed. I told you my car was better than his.

“What kind of car is it?” asked Alice.

“An Aston Martin Vanquish.”

Nice,” breathed Toby and Austen. Coelan was still dazed, and Josh was staring and Jezabel, to my disapproval.

I became aware that my sister was analysing Joshua’s mood.

He’s impressed by your car, and something else… Oh!

Jez almost fainted. Being the closest to her, Josh caught her, and I realised what else Jez knew he was feeling.

Oh, god, I groaned, then trying to distract myself, I turned to Coelan. “So what do you guys use this building for?”

“Well, like I said yesterday, training and strategising. Alice informs me that you and Jez did martial arts up until last month? Black belts?” seeing my nod, Coelan continued. “That’s good. We can start by training you in the use of your skills. Would you like to explain to us exactly what you can do?”

“Well we can read each other’s minds- we know everything the other is thinking at any given moment, “ I began, glancing over at Jez. Seeing she was entranced in Joshua’s eyes, I went on. ‘Jez has also developed a sixth sense for the moods of others.

With a surprising second of clarity, Jez looked at Coelan and said, “Which has made him je-”

I cut her off angrily before she could reveal my petty jealousy. “No!”

As I said it, from the corner of my eye, I saw a water bottle lift off the shelf and explode, spraying everyone with water, except for Alice, who had foreseen seconds before and ducked under a table.

“Did you do that?” Jez asked, shocked into speaking aloud. Everyone was staring at me.

“I.. don’t know…” I stammered, surprised myself.

“Interesting, Coelan said. “It seems, Storm, that you are telekinetic. Alice?”

“Yes,” she confirmed vaguely, a blank look on her face.

I gasped.

“Powerful siblings. They must be the ones,” Holly muttered her thoughts aloud.

“Let’s start training, shall we?” Coelan asked, before turning and walking around another set of shelves, opposite to the one the cars were parked behind.
Sign up to rate and review this story