Categories > Celebrities > The Used > Drowning in my Sleep

Good Eye, Sniper, Now I Shoot, You Run

by OhhNoEllie 0 reviews

"Cut the crap. McCracken, we're paired up for a project, why are you following me?" I hissed. I really didn't mind, but this was no good for my social status. "I told you, watch out. I wanna make ...

Category: The Used - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2009-01-19 - Updated: 2009-01-19 - 1801 words

0Unrated
3. GOOD EYE, SNIPER NOW I SHOOT, YOU RUN

ELLIE

"Excuse me, Mr. Way? Can I use tha bathroom?" I asked. Bert and I had sat, talking about the model of a molecule we had to make, and being me, was too lazy to think of anything.
Mr. Way nodded and quickly wrote me a pass. Bert quickly stood up. "Uh, me too," he said. The teacher wrote him a pass as well. And that's why everyone loved his class, he handed out passes left and right. I glared at Bert and Carolyn and Ryan eyed me. Ryan blew a kiss at me and I bit the air at him and walked out. In the empty hall, I rounded on Bert.
"What are you doing?" I asked him venemously.
"Using the bathroom," he told me.
"Cut the crap. McCracken, we're paired up for a project, why are you following me?" I hissed. I really didn't mind, but this was no good for my social status.
"I told you, watch out. I wanna make sure you don't die," he said. I sighed. I was too lazy to argue, just like I was too lazy for most things. I began to walk to the nearest girl's bathroom, and he followed me.
"Robert Edward McCracken, unless you want me to hit you, get away!" I spat. He just blinked at me with those gorgeous light blue eyes that seemed to go on forever.
"I'm not leaving," he said simply. I grunted in frustration, he stood there, being perfect. I continued my march to the bathroom, and like a lost puppy, he followed. I stopped in front of the bathroom and looked at him again.
"Are you gonna follow me into the bathroom and watch me take a piss?" I said, besides being lazy, I was a potty mouth and vulgar.
"I'll wait outside," he said. I glared at him.
"Why do you keep following me?" I asked once again.
"I told you, the roof's gonna collapse," he told me.
"You never said that."
"I said watch out for collapsing rooves," he said, argueing with me wasn't a good idea.
"Oh, come on, what's the real reason?" I asked angrily.
"That is the real reason," he told me. He was pleading with me to believe him, but I wouldn't. That was too ridiculous.
"McCracken, leave me alone," I said, my voice rising.
"Not until I'm sure you're safe," he replied. We stood there, seperated by maybe two feet, just staring.
"I don't have to go anymore," I said after about a minute and I turned on my heel and began to walk away. I'd moved about two feet when I heard a loud CRACK! Noise. I looked up to see a fissure on the ceiling. Would it be called a fissure? I mean it wasn't on the ground.. The point was, the roof was collapsing, and I was frozen, rooted looking at it as it cracked and chunks of concrete began to fall, headed straight for me, but the danger I was in didn't sink in until the wind was knocked out of me and I was on the floor, and someone was lying next to me.

BERT
She was so hard headed and stuborn, why didn't she believe me? Well, it wasn't very believable but still, I was saving a life here. She was walking away when I heard the crack, the tell tale sound of a collapsing foundation. She stopped, looked up and gasped as the concrete began to fall, threatening to crush her. She screamed as the roof fell, and I had to act fast, but I didn't know what to do. So I ran. I sprinted the few feet between us and jumped, it was the kind of thing you see in the movies where the good guy sort of glides for a moment as he pushes the damsel in distress out of the way to save the day. Yeah, that was pretty cheesy, but I managed to push her out of harm's way. I took her by the waist, pushing her out from under where the ruble would fall and we landed on the hard linoleum that lined the floors.
She grunted as she landed hard on the floor and the roof completely collapsed a few inches from where she stood moments before. I pushed myself off of her and sat up, rubbing the back of my head. I saw a cloudless sky through the gaping hole in the ceiling. Luckily, this was a section of the school with nothing upstairs. Teachers and students began to fill the hall to see what happened. Ellie sat up and looked at me.
She smiled weakly, "Thanks," she said softly. The little color she had had been flushed from her face.
"Um, are you ok?" I asked her.
"You saved me," she said, her words barely audible.
"I guess..." I said. "But are you ok?"
"I'm fine, forget me, are you ok?" she asked. I looked at her. Her already ripped jeans had ripped some more, her knuckles on her right hand were scratched and bleeding, and there was blood trickling from the side of her head.
A teacher came up to us and helped us up. My ankle hurt like hell, maybe it was twisted, and there was a huge scrape on my elbow, the kind of scrape a little kid would get from falling off a bike, but besides that, I was fine. Rescue vehicles arrived in no time, along with news stations asking for interviews. I answered a few questions but Ellie refused to talk, too lazy maybe to answer questions. We were checked out by the paramedics and declared ok. My mom attacked me, asking if I was ok and how I did it, and when I wouldn't tell her, she took me home and I went to sleep.

CAROLYN
"Looks like Ellie has a new boyfriend," said Ryan as I doodled on my paper.
"I don't think so, that loser's so creepy though," I said, being my usual ass self.
"Yeah, and that nerd kid is all over the new girl," he said, gesturing to where Drew and Maylan sat close to each other, laughing softly.
"Ew, we should have lunch with her, invite her over after school or something, get her away from that guy," I said.
"Seriously. But back to Ellie. What's with McCracken following her?" said Ryan, tapping his pen.
"He's a weirdo, that's it. Thinks he has a chance with Ellie. I think she might have a thing for Shaant," I said, closing my notebook covered in sharpie grafiti on the cover.
"You think? Maybe we should fix them up," he said, tousling the back of his head. Ryan was my gay best friend, possibly the awesomest person to jang out around besides Ellie and Gabe and at times William.
"Maybe. We should really get the new kid away from that dork," I said, tousling Ryan's hair somemore.
"Like fer shiz dude," he said.
That's when we heard it, a loud cracking noise and then the sound of something heavy slamming against the ground.
"Holy shit, what was that?" I said, jumping slightly from the suddeness of the sound.
"I don't know, but it scared the bedazzle out of me," he said. I smiled at him, he had the funniest catch phrases. Kids began to freak out.
"Shut up and sit down," Mr. Way said. He stepped out of the room to see what happened and everyone broke out into chaos.

DREW
At the crash, Maylan had jumped into my arms and now she awkwardly let go.
"What do you think happened?" she asked, her big dark eyes had gone wide behind the lenses of her glasses.
"I don't know, but I doubt it's good," I told her, awkwardly patting her head seeing as awkwardness was my best feature. She half smiled as Mr. Way came back into the class, scowling.


WILLIAM
"Shit Gabe, what was that?" I asked quietly to my friend.
"I'm betting Shaant farted," he said. Shaant stuck his tongue out at him. Gabe returned the favor. Our teacher had walked out to see what happened, since the loud noise had come from right outside our door. I peeked, and found a rather undesirable sight.
"What's Ellie doing with that loser?" I said as McCracken helped her up and sort of talked to her. He stood next to her, kind of holding her up as reporters asked questions.
Ok, so McCracken saved her, but what were they doing together in the first place? Our boring history teacher dragged us back into class and made us shut up for the announcement.
"Students faculty and staff, due to the collapsed roof, the bell to go home will ring in fifteen minutes," saida scratchy voice over the PA. Everyone cheered and her last words were cut off. I shoved my books into my jansport, which was covered in sharpie.
"Looks like Ellie has a new boyfriend," Gabe said, laughing.
"I don't think he's her type," said Shaant.
"That's what you said about the last guy," I said.
"So, we've proved that Ellie doesn't have a type, great. What about that new girl?" said Gabe.
"What about her?" I asked.
"Ryan was texting me about how she's all over the mega dork," Gabe said.
"Ew," Shaant and I said.


MAYLAN
I put my notebooks back into my tote bag just as the bell rang. Drew walked me out of the school and, as directed, we didn't go by the hall with the collapsed roof. We walked away from the school in awkward silence, seeing as awkwarness was my finest skill.
"So, how about lunch?" he asked smiling at me with that gorgeous smile of his.
"Of course," I said, smiling back and knowing that I would never be as bright as him.
We began to walk again, headed for that vegetarian place he'd told me about when someone, or someones, came up behind me.
"Hey Maylan," said Carolyn, extremely hyped just as before.
"Hi," I noticed she was with that Ryan kid and three other ridicoulously tall, ridiculously good looking guys.
"Maylan, meet William, Shaant, and my boyfriend Gabe," she said pointing to a tall one with light brown hair that was long and fell in waves, one with longer light brown hair with deep bangs that fell straight, and one with poofy black hair that grew up instead of down. I looked around and, once again Drew was gone. Great.
"Come on, we'll walk you home," Ryan offered. Carolyn was in Gabe's arms now and William shot them a jealous look.
"So Beckett, where's your arm tumor?" asked Ryan, laughing at William.
"I dumped her in the hall," said William.
"New record, Bill," said Shaant.
Sign up to rate and review this story