Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

So Questionable

by killxsmile 3 reviews

No-holds-barred interviewing.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-01-24 - Updated: 2009-01-24 - 825 words - Complete

2Funny
Author's Note: Once again, Tissamy and doyleangel have made my day. You two are the best.

So questionable.

“You must be the brother Chloe’s been hiding me from,” Eric greeted as Jack walked inside.

Here we go.

“Brother? Nah, I’m Maximus, the erotic entertainment for the night. Chloe, the boss said he’s sorry about sending me instead of Giorgio and Pierre. They kind of got tied up with another appointment,” Jack said, taking off his hoodie and tossing it onto the couch.

“Alright. So who’s ready to get naked?”

My eyes went wide at his comment, but I can’t say that I didn’t expect it. Jack never passed up a chance to intimidate/freak out/scare off one of my boyfriends.

“Chloe, you should have told me that you were inviting entertainment,” Eric said. “I would have brought more singles.”

I smirked, happy that he was unfazed by Jack’s twisted sense of humor.

“Alright, Maximus. Now that he’s passed your little test, can we have dinner like normal people?” I asked.
“Okay,” he said with a sigh.

While I got the lasagna out of the oven, Eric and Jack took seats at the table.

“So now that you know my true identity, mind if I ask how you and Chloe met?” my brother asked.
“Myspace Music Tour. I helped her get to the barricade.”
“Hmm. So can I assume that you like the same bands?”

I set the food on the table, fully aware of where Jack was going with this. Facing the fact that it was inevitable, I took a seat and put a slice of lasagna on each of our plates.

“Thanks, Chloe,” Eric said.

“For the most part, yeah. But she likes Brand New and Manchester Orchestra way more I do.”
“What about Jack’s Mannequin?”

To my brother, the answer to this question was crucial. Eric could worship All Time Low, go to all their concerts, buy all their merch, and build a fucking shrine to them, but if he so much as implied that Andrew McMahon wasn’t the coolest thing since sliced bread, my brother would have freaked the fuck out.

What can I say? My brother’s never been the logical type.

“Jack’s Mannequin? They’re one of my favorite bands. I’ve seen them live a few times, and each show was better than the last. Andrew’s a fucking beast on the piano.”

Phew. Good answer.

I wish I could say that the interrogation ended here, but once Jack started up, there was no stopping him. He asked Eric about everything, from his opinion on cuckoo clocks to how old he was when he lost his virginity.

Ridiculous? Yes.
Annoying? Yes.
Trademark Jack Barakat thing to do? Yes.

After the barrage of seemingly useless/overly personal/really ridiculous questions you’d think that Eric would have cracked. Blown up at him for being so intrusive. Tried to change the subject. One of my exes actually said “No habla ingles” in the middle of interrogation and ran out of the restaurant.

But Eric didn’t.

Question after question, Eric responded with laughter and honesty, surprising myself as well as Jack. Due to a lack of awkwardness to feed off of, he eventually gave on the relentless Q&A.

“Well I guess I’ve done my investigative duty for the night,” Jack said, after placing his plate in the sink. “I’ll leave you lovebirds alone.”
“Alright,” I said, wrapping him in a hug.
“It was nice meeting you, Eric,” he said, pulling away from me.
“Likewise.”

With that I followed Jack to the door and locked it behind him.

“Sorry you had to go through that,” I apologized.
“No problem. It was kind of entertaining,” he said, taking a seat on the couch.
“You’re the first person to ever say that. Usually guys stop answering after he asks whether or not they’ve ever had a homo-erotic fantasy,” I replied, flopping down next to him.
“Really? I would think most guys would at least make it to whether or not they’ve knowingly made out with a transsexual.”
“While we’re on that topic, was that story about Danielle, erm, Daniel true?”
“Yeah,” he said chuckling. “But in my defense, I was drunk out of my mind and she--he was gorgeous.”
“You really are a piece of work,” I joked as he wrapped an arm around my waist.
“And that’s the reason you like me so much.”
“It is.”

We shared a kiss and a few beers, then it wasn’t long before we found ourselves falling asleep on the couch to the sound of Late Night with Conan O’Brien.

+++++
Now that the brother and the boyfriend have met, where do we go from here?
Rate/Review and you just might find out.

PS. Anyone else going to the 5/9 Believers Never Die Part Deux?
Sign up to rate and review this story