Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lakeside Fury

Folklore is Fucklore

by Kaitluvsfob08 0 reviews

Pete finds out a bit about Kelpies...and finds out someone who actually is one...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror,Romance - Published: 2009-01-24 - Updated: 2009-01-25 - 670 words - Complete

0Unrated
Once at the nightclub, Patrick went off to dance with Lilith, and Andy with one of her friends. Joe was no where to be seen, and Pete figured he'd gone off dancing somewhere here. Pete walked to the bar in the back corner of the club. He pulled up a barstool, and said, "Can I have a Heineken, please?"
The bartender nodded, and slid Pete the bottle.
He glanced across the dancefloor, seeing Lilith grinding on Patrick, turning him on the way Pete knew he used to.
"Where is your boy tonight, I hope he is a gentlemen..." Pete sang quietly to himself rather glumly.
"What was that?" the bartender asked. He had a Scottish accent.
"Nothing. Just a song I wrote....might as well change the words to 'Where is your beer tonight, I hope it is a Heineken...' " Pete replied tracing his finger in the polished wood of the countertop.
"Haha. Hey thats pretty funny. Whats got ye' down, laddie?" the bartender asked.
"My husband took his ring off for a....WHORE...." Pete said, clenching his fist as he said 'whore'.
"Husband...? Well, thats a mighty sad reason right thar..." the bartender replied.
"Tell me about it...I hate her, she a little motherfucker if I ever saw one..." Pete said angrily, and took a long sip of the alchohol, unsatisfying to his vampire ways.
"That her an' him o'er thar?" the bartender asked, pointing to the two, grinding again.
"Yeah..." Pete replied.
"Aww...that girl lives out by the lake...you read bout' the kidnapping in the paper the other day, is that right?" he asked.
"Yes..." Pete replied, remembering that Patrick read it to him caused him to take another sip of the beer.
"Ah yes. She don't live far from there..."
"They ever find out what happened to the kids?" Pete asked, growing curious.
"Nah. The wont find em' either. See's, that lake is cursed...cursed with Kelpies..." the bartender said. Pete screwed up his face.
"Kelpies? What in God's name is a Kelpie?" Pete asked, thinking this guy was ridiculous.
"Ah...young lad like you never heard the tale of a Kelpie?" he asked narrowing his eyes.
"Uh no. Dude, I have no clue as to what a Kleppie is." Pete said.
"Its 'Kelpie', and they are evil creatures indeed. A Keplie is half woman, half horse. They change into horse form, usually greenish in color, and they eat children, see? And They can change back and forth as they please, enticing victims with their beauty, til they drown em in the lake they inhabit and eat their flesh."
"And you think a kelpie is responsible for the disappearances of those two kids?" Pete asked in confusion. He couldn't figure out where he had heard of water horses that eat humans before.
"I reckon tha's exactly wha' happened." he said.
"So...how do you know when you see a Kelpie?" Pete asked curiously.
"Well, of course it'll be a beautiful woman, dark hair, bright eager, green eyes...or if you see the horse, it'll be an ugly green shade, constantly dripping with water, awaiting to drown its next victim..." the bartender said eerily. Pete was looking from the bartender to Lilith and back. There's no way...Pete thought.
Pete took another sip of his drink.
"How do you kill them?" Pete asked simply.
"How do ya' kill them, says you? Well, just like you kill any water horse, you must reach down its throat, and rip its heart out with your bear hands..." Pete grimaced and felt sick.
"A-are you serious?" he asked.
"'Course I'm serious!" the bartender said. Pete shook his head and looked back into the mass of dancing people. Lilith and Patrick were gone. My eyes grew wide. I paid the bartender and said, "Thanks man, I owe you one."
Then he ran into the crowd, searching for Patrick frantically. He was no where to be seen. Pete sank to his knees. He sobbed and tears poured from his eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story