Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > My Best Mate

Epilogue

by SlaveToMyWords 0 reviews

What happened to Valon and Jackie after everything was all said and done?

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Valon - Published: 2009-01-24 - Updated: 2009-01-25 - 1457 words - Complete

0Unrated
Jackie was sitting on the floor, folding clothes and putting them in the dresser in front of her, when she paused upon hearing the roar of an engine outside. She smiled to herself and glanced up at the clock before continuing what she was doing. She knew full-well who the owner of the loud motorcycle was, and she shook her head as she noted that he was home from work early.
A few minutes later, Jackie felt a pair of arms slip around her waist and a soft kiss on her neck.
Jackie put another shirt into the drawer, then leaned into the embrace and closed her eyes.
" 'Ello gorgeous." A soft voice whispered in her ear.
Jackie smiled and turned to face her husband. The comment always meant a lot to her because right then, she didn't feel very gorgeous.
Valon gave her a sweet kiss and smiled at her when he pulled away.
"How was your day?" She asked kindly.
"Same as always. 'Ow about you? Everything OK?"
Jackie smiled. Valon was always more worried about her then he was about himself.
"Fine. Everything's fine."
Valon smiled again and nodded, then rested his chin on her shoulder and looked at all the clothes and things spread out before them.
"Where'd all this come from?" He asked interestedly. Jackie shook her head.
"They're gifts from Mai and Joey."
Valon looked at her.
"More? The kid already has more clothes than I've got!"
Jackie laughed.
"Yea, only difference is, it'll grow out of them before a year."
Valon laughed too.
"Yea, I guess." He replied thoughtfully.

Valon watched as Jackie folded the rest of the clothes and put them in the empty drawers. When she was finally finished, she reached out to pick up a toy and yawned, though she tried to hide it. Valon, not missing anything, looked into her face.
" 'Ow long 'ave you been at this?" He asked seriously. Jackie shrugged.
"Not long... a few hours maybe."
Valon frowned.
"You need rest."
Jackie smiled and shook her head.
"No, I'm fine. This really needs-"
But she was cut off by another yawn. Valon gave her a lopsided smile.
"It wasn't a suggestion love. You need rest."
"Valon, I'm fi-"
But Valon silenced her with a kiss. When he pulled away she smiled at him.
"OK. Maybe just a little bit."
Valon laughed, then stood up and bent down, wrapping his arms around Jackie and lifting her into his arms bridal style.
Jackie frowned.
"Valon, put me down!" She insisted sternly. "I'm too heavy!"
Valon laughed again and placed another gentle kiss to her lips.
"You're not too heavy." He said with a smile. "If you were, I'd make you walk."
Jackie smiled, knowing better than that, and laid her head on Valon's shoulder. He seemed sincere and didn't seem like he was having a problem, so she let it go.

Once Valon reached their bedroom, he walked inside and laid Jackie down on the bed. He then leaned down and kissed her, his hands on the pillow on either side of her face.
Jackie smiled into the kiss and placed her hands on the sides of his face.
When they parted, Valon laid down next to Jackie and wrapped his arms around her. He placed a kiss to her forehead, then closed his eyes, a look of complete content plastered on his face.
Jackie smiled and laid her head on Valon's shoulder. She closed her eyes and attempted to go to sleep, but something came into her mind and insisted on nagging her until she acknowledged it. She opened her eyes and chewed her cheek for a moment, then looked up at Valon.
"Valon..?" She questioned softly, hoping he wasn't yet asleep.
"Hm..?" He questioned sleepily.
"I was wondering something... it's been on my mind a lot lately. I want to ask you something and I want you to be completely honest."
Valon opened his eyes and starred down at Jackie with a serious look.
"Ask away love." He said softly.
Jackie looked away from him and starred at the wall.
"Do you ever miss Mai? Or Wonder 'what if' or anything?" Jackie looked back up at Valon, trying to hide the pleading look she knew she was helplessly giving him. "Please tell me the truth, I promise I won't get mad or upset."
Valon starred at her for a few moments, then finally frowned.
"You want the truth?" He asked. Jackie frowned too and nodded, not able to say anything else.
"Alright then." Valon said. "No, I don't."
Jackie looked at him in surprise.
"No? Never? Not even once?"
Valon shook his head.
"Not even once. I 'aven't thought about Mai since our first date. And honestly, I was mad at her for the last few years for lettin you go."
Jackie starred at him in shock.
"Really?"
Valon smiled and nodded again.
"Jackie, I've always loved you, ever since we were kids."
Jackie blushed a little and smiled.
"I knew you liked me then." She replied gently. "It wasn't very hard to tell. I was just always too shy to tell you I felt the same way."
Her smiled faded then.
"I remember the day I finally gathered up enough courage to tell you. I went to find you but... I found you with Mai and it wasn't hard to tell you really liked her. I thought you'd forgotten all about me then. So I kept my mouth shut. I was so mad at her when she first came for taking you away from me. But eventually I realized it wasn't her fault and that she didn't even like you back. So instead I just tried to force myself to be mad at you... it didn't work very well though."
This time it was Valon's turn to be surprised.
"You never told me that." He replied. Jackie smiled again.
"Didn't really think it was important until now."
Again Valon starred at Jackie, then he laughed and hugged her tight.
"If only I'd waited just a little longer." He said gently. "It drives me mad to think of all the years I missed that I could 'ave 'ad you."
Jackie smiled again and leaned up to place a kiss on Valon's lips.
"Then we'll just have to make up for lost time won't we?"
Valon returned her smile.
"Sounds good to me."
He leaned down and kissed Jackie again and she returned the gesture happily. The moment was short lived, however, because Jackie pulled away with a sharp intake of breath. Valon starred down at her.
"What's wrong?" He asked in concern.
"Nothing." Jackie replied. "The baby just kicked.. kinda startled me."
Valon grinned big.
"Really?" He asked excitedly. Jackie laughed and nodded.
Valon moved down and placed his ear on Jackie's belly and the baby kicked again, right where his head was. He pulled away and looked down at Jackie's belly with a smile, as if looking at the baby itself.
"Alright you, I've got a deal for ya. If you're good for a few hours and let your mum rest, I'll take you out for a drive as soon as you're out. Sound good?"
Valon placed a hand on Jackie's belly and waited a while but the baby didn't kick again. He then smiled and rubbed her belly gently.
"That's me girl."
Jackie smiled and starred down at Valon. Silly man.
"Babe..." She said reasonably. "You know it might not be a girl. That was just a guess."
Valon looked back up at her with a serious expression.
"It's a girl." He said firmly. "I know it is."
Jackie laughed and shook her head.
"But what if it's not?"
Valon smiled and moved back up beside her, wrapping his arms around her again.
"It is." He insisted. "But even if it's not, it doesn't matter. It's our baby, mine and yours, and that's all that really matters."
Jackie beamed and cuddled into him.
"I love you so much." She whispered happily. Valon smiled.
"I love you too baby girl." He replied softly. Then he looked down at Jackie's belly. "Both a you."
Jackie looked up at Valon and smiled and he kissed her deeply. When they pulled away again, Jackie cuddled back into him and laid her head on his chest. Valon kissed the top of her head and placed his against hers with a happy smile.

Jackie listened to Valon's breathing until it changed and she knew he was asleep. She then smiled to herself and closed her eyes as well. No matter what the baby turned out to be, Valon was right, it was their baby, proof of their love, and that was the absolute only thing that mattered.
Sign up to rate and review this story