Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Light Is Electric

My Light Is Electric (Part 25)

by ohsotay23 4 reviews

The reaction to the proposal. Good or bad? Yes or no? And what's going on with Cam and Joe? Read and you'll seeeee. Reviews are psychedelic. :]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-02-01 - Updated: 2009-02-01 - 1924 words - Complete

0Unrated
Taylor's POV

I looked at him in shock for about five seconds before going to collect my clothes.

I was getting dressed as quickly as I could. Is he crazy?! We can’t get married! I can’t DO that kind of commitment! Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God.

About 60 percent of my mind was freaking the fuck out. The other 40 percent was yelling at me ‘Say yes! Say yes you stupid bitch!’

Too bad 60 is more than 40.

“Wait! Taylor! Stop!” Gabe called after me as I walked out of the room now fully dressed.

I couldn’t listen to him though. The walls seemed to be closing in on me. I can’t handle this. I love him. I really do, with all of my heart. But this is just happening so quickly. I mean, we just met like 2 weeks ago! This is crazy. Not ‘Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah’s couch’ kind of crazy but more like ‘Michael Jackson’ kind of crazy. And nothing, I repeat, nothing beats that.

I didn’t listen to him calling my name and was half way through the living room when I felt him grab me by the shoulders and turn me around to face him.

“Stop, why wouldn’t you stop when I called for you?” he looked angry and upset.

“I just, I need to leave. I need to get out of here. I need to get away,” I muttered, refusing to meet his eyes.

“But… bu- but you said you wouldn’t leave me again. You promised me you wouldn’t leave me again. I-I… I can’t let anything happen to you ever again,” he looked distraught to the extreme and I could swear that I saw tears in his eyes. I noticed that his hand that had been on my shoulder was shaking.

I felt horrible. I hadn’t stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, I wasn’t the only one who had been scarred or injured by the events that have occurred in the past few days.

It was then that I noticed the black eye that Gabe was sporting and the stitches going up his arm, and the fact that his cheek was swollen to double its size.

I hadn’t even thought about him and how he was doing.

I didn’t even think about the fact that the reason that he had all of those injuries was because he was protecting me. It was all for me.

I looked into his eyes finally, and it broke my heart. There were two solitary tears sliding down his cheeks.

I latched onto him, hugging him as tightly to me as I possibly could. He wrapped his arms around me just as tightly and it was then that I felt the sobs racking his chest. I rubbed his back soothingly running my fingers through his hair, a calming motion that I knew he loved.

“Please don’t leave me. Don’t go. Not again. I love you. Love you. You can’t go,” he mumbled almost incomprehensible through his silent sobs.

“Shhh. Don’t worry, I’m not leaving. I’ll keep my promise. Don’t worry. You’re not getting rid of me that easily,” I murmured soothingly into his ear.

I felt him lay his head in the crook of my neck and I could tell that he was tired. We were ‘busy’ for a whole hour, who could blame the guy?

I started to slowly lead him back to the bedroom and I sat him down on the bed and he laid down into a sleeping position, pulling me along with him. He decided to use my chest as his pillow and laid it there, hugging me to him like a pillow.

“Stay with me,” he murmured sleepily.

“I will, don’t worry,” I told him quietly, smiling at how cute he looked right now.

He was already fast asleep by the time I responded to him and I continued running my fingers through his hair, now trying to sooth myself.

He asked me to marry him.

Maybe he won’t remember it. But the question was, do I want him to remember?

I mean, I’m only 23. I don’t know if I’m ready to settle down and raise a family just yet. I mean, he is 5 years older than me, so I suppose his life clock is ticking. I always did want to start having a family young so that I would be able to have 5 kids and still be a young mother. But did I love him that much?

That’s a stupid question. I love this man with everything in me. I would give anything for him, even my own life. And I know he feels the same way since he almost gave up his life for me.

I thought back now and wondered everything to myself. Why shouldn’t we get married?

I made up my mind; I want to be with him for the rest of my life. And why shouldn’t the rest of my life start right now?

I thought about everything and mentally slapped myself silly for having my little commitment-phobic freak out. But who could blame me? It was kind of a shock. No one expects to be proposed to when you’ve only really known someone for like 2 weeks.

It just doesn’t happen.

I guess it does now. And I’m fine with that. And if worst comes to worst it’s only one signature away from a divorce. But I doubt it would come to that.

The door opened and my eyes shot to whoever was walking in. It was Cam.

She smiled at the sight in front of her. I knew she was about to start teasing me about the position that me and Gabe are in.

“Okay, I know you have comments ready to be released but can you just keep them to yourself for just once?” I asked tiredly.

She looked kind of surprised, “Yeah, sure. No problem. What’s up?” she asked questioningly.

“Well, me and Gabe had sex,” and she gave me a ‘Duh’ look and nodded her head at Gabe’s scantily clad body.

I possessively covered him up with the blanket some more and gave her a slight glare.

She laughed wholeheartedly, “Don’t worry Taylor, I have absolutely no romantic or sexual interest in your man at all, like AT ALL.”

“Yeah, I know. And then guess what?” I hinted.

“What?” she asked confused.

“He asked me to marry him,” I told her bluntly.

All I got was an extremely good reenactment of Macaulay Culkin’s classic Home Alone shocked/scared looking face.

“He..he-he, wait. What?!” she said shocked.

“Yep, exactly my reaction. And then I freaked and tried to leave,” I admitted.

“Tried? And why did you not succeed?” she questioned, raising her eyebrow.

“He stopped me. He had like this freak out, and Camille, I felt so bad. He told me not to leave him again. He didn’t want anything to happen to me again. He looked so lost and so helpless. I couldn’t leave him; I don’t know why I wanted to in the first place,” I told her truthfully.

“Cause you’re a commitment-phobe, you always have been,” she told me bluntly.

“Yeah, I guess,” I admitted.

“And by the way. I think you should say yes,” she threw out offhandedly.

“Oh really now??” I was surprised, she was so not the kind of person who would usually support this kind of stuff.

“Yes, really. You guys are perfect for each other Taylor. It’s almost like you complete each other. Not many people find that in their life. You found it, so you should cherish it and all that shit,” she mumbled trying not to seem all mushy.

“Awww. Thanks. Right before you walked in I was actually just laying here thinking and decided that I’d say yes,” I informed her.

“Well you know who’s going to be maid of honor right?” she smiled at m cheekily.

“Chrissy?” I teased referring back to Joe’s whore who had had Cam’s feathers all in a ruffle for no reason at all.

Hmmm. What had ever happened to that ditz?

“Not funny,” she told me glaring.

“What ever happened to her?” I questioned amused.

“I don’t know,” Cam mumbled.

“See! I told you! You had nothing at all to worry about!” I gloated sticking my tongue out.

“Whatever Taylor,” she pouted sticking her tongue out also.

“What’s going on with that whole little sexual tension thing? Has it been worked out yet?” I teased, winking at her.

“Oh shut up. And no, nothing has happened between me and Joe,” she responded.

“Then why were you all over each other in the hospital?” I questioned, smiling.

“He was jut trying to comfort me,” she tried to excuse.

“Uhhh, no, sorry hun but that was way beyond just comforting a friend in need. You guys have feelings for each other. This little dance that you two have been doing around each other is stupid and time consuming. To be quite honest, it is also very annoying,” I told her honestly.

“Yeah, I know. I do have feelings for him,” wow, I was not expecting her to actually admit to her feelings that easily, “but I’m scared Taylor. Ya know?”

“Oh, believe me, I know,” I laughed quietly, looking down at Gabe who was still sleeping peacefully.

When I looked back at her I saw her smiling, and I gave her a questioning look, “What?”

“See that look you just gave Gabe? That’s what I want. I want what you two have,” she mumbled.

“Cam, you’re already almost there with Joe! You just need to give the poor guy a chance,” I told her.

“What do you want me to do?! Just go up to him and be like ‘I care about you’ and jump him and have mad wild sex??” she said aggravated.

“YES! That is exactly what I want you to do!” I screamed, happy that she had finally gotten my point.

I looked down again after my sudden outburst to make sure that Gabe was still sleeping.

Good, he was.

“Okay! That’s what I’m going to do. Right now,” she said getting pumped. She was still sitting in the same spot though.

I motioned with my hands to get her to go, “Then go! Come on! I don’t want to speak another word to you until you’ve used at least 4 condoms!”

“Umm, can we lower that to 3 maybe? I don’t know how much stamina Joe has in him..” she asked,

“Sure. And uh you don’t need to like show me the proof, I’ll believe you,” I quickly assured her, not wanting to see more than I had to.

“Okay, here I go!” she got up pumped and left the room.

I smiled and shook my head at my dear friend.

I laid my head down on the pillow and just laid there in silence for a few moments, the only sound was Gabe’s light breathing.

I raised my left hand from where I was laying and examined it. I focused closely on the one finger that caught my eye the most, the ring finger.

I looked at it and smiled.

Yeah, everything was exactly as it should be.
Sign up to rate and review this story