Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Secrets We Keep...

Chapter 29

by flawedrainbow 1 review

-Evie- Read & Review Please guys!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-02-04 - Updated: 2009-02-05 - 2268 words

0Unrated


Read and Review Please Guys! Love Evie and Holly :)



-Evie’s POV-

“Let me out Ryan!” Brendon shouted angrily, banging his fist on the door.

“Please Ry? Holl?” I asked, my voice squeaking slightly.

“Trust us babe, we know what’s good for you two!” Holly yelled back, causing me to slump in defeat.

Suddenly, things between Brendon and I became silent. It wasn’t the comfortable silence I was used to and loved, it was awkward and... odd.

As I stood there in silence, I noticed I was only dressed in the bikini Holly had given me. My eyes widened as I saw my scars and I grabbed an oversized T-shirt on before I bolted into the bathroom, and locked the door behind me. Once I was inside, I pulled on the shirt and sat on the cold hard tiles beside the door.

“Why?” I croaked out, wiping my eyes as I noticed I was crying.

“Why what?” Brendon’s voice retorted from the other side.

“Why don’t you believe me?” I asked softly, pulling my knees to my chest and resting my chin upon them.

I heard him sigh, then move around.

“How would you feel if you caught me sleeping in the arms of another woman?” he asked.

“I-I don’t know,” I replied honestly, “you’re my first boyfriend.”

Another sigh, “Just imagine then. How would you feel?” he pushed.

“Jealous? Unloved? Sad?” I offered.

“Yeah, and would you stick around to listen to my explanation?” he asked.

“Umm, yeah. I’d ask you what happened.” I replied confidently.

“Yeah, but would you believe me?”

“Yes.” I replied without pausing.

“Why? Why would you believe me at the drop of a hat?” he asked, now sounding curious.

“Because I love you and trust you... but- don’t you feel the same way?”

“Of course I do!” he exclaimed frustratedly, “But, you have no idea how much it hurt me...” he was silent for a moment before speaking again, “my last girlfriend cheated on me. I walked in on the two of ‘em... the guys don’t know, nobody does. But, seeing you and... ‘whatshisface-”

“Nate.” I interrupted.

“Yeah, him, together. It just- brought back everything that I felt when I found... her.” He explained.

“Oh.” I whispered, looking down and feeling crummy.

He had just told me something no one else knew. He... he did trust me.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered, but Brendon seemed to hear it.

“There’s no need to be sorry.” He replied through the door.

I stayed seated but reached up and unlocked the door quietly before opening it. Brendon was seated outside the door, a look of sadness in his eyes but a small smile on his features.

“Hi.” I whispered.

“Hi.” He replied, matching my tone but looking down.

We were both silent for a few moments before Brendon looked up at me with curious eyes.

“Why did you grab that shirt so quickly?” he asked me.

“W-what?” I stuttered, wide eyed.

“Show me,” he asked, inching closer and placing his hand gently on my knee, “please.”

I sighed and took a deep breath before shedding the material and letting him see my scars in all their disgusting glory. I clenched my eyes shut, not wanting to see his reaction.

Suddenly, I felt Brendon’s fingers trace over each of the smaller scars before tracing the large scar that will always haunt me.

“What happened?” he asked lowly, sounding angry and concerned.

I then took a deep breath and began to tell him everything. The fights, Tom, living on the streets. I explained every scar, every blemish that was created by another’s hand. I told him about Tony, Nathaniel, Adrienne, everything. I told him everything about me.

By the end of it, Brendon and I were knee-to-knee and his hands held mine, as did his eyes.

“I’m sorry, for everything.” Brendon apologised.

I smiled softly and shook my head, “There’s no need to apologise Bren... are we- ok now?” I asked timidly, staring into his eyes for an answer.

Brendon smiled lovingly before leaning forward and capturing my lips in his own in an innocent and loving manner.

Once we parted he rested his forehead on mine and looked straight into my eyes and into my soul, “I love you Delilah Rose.” He said to me.

“I love you too Brendon Urie.”

“Come on, let’s see if we can get out.” He smiled, getting up and helping me up with him.

We walked to the front door and realised it was still locked. He sighed dejectedly. Suddenly, and idea struck me.

“Wait here, I’ll be right back!” I said, quickly running into the bathroom and opening the window.

I carefully got through, in only my bikini and shirt, before scaling down the roof to the fire exit door which I opened easily. From there, I made my way up the hall and used the spare key card I had hidden in case Holly or I lost ours. I slid it through the swipey thing and abracadabra, I saved us!

Brendon grinned before picking me up and spinning me around, “My hero!” he said in a high pitched voice.

“I love to help a damsel in distress.” I said in a deep voice, laughing hard afterwards.

“Come on.” He smiled, taking my hand in his and leading me to the pools.

*

“PARTY!” Ryan shouted happily upon hearing that Brendon and I were back together, before pulling Brendon and I towards the pool with him and we all jumped in.

I swam back to the surface and felt myself being weighed down by my shirt, so I decided to not be afraid of the reactions, and stripped it off leaving me in my bikini. I then immediately dived back under the water and began swimming around, loving the silence and freedom.

I remember the first time I ever swam in a pool. I was around 4 years old, and from that moment on, I wanted to be a mermaid. A silly childhood fantasy yes, but it still had meaning. When I felt the need for air, I swam up to the surface, took a deep breath and pushed my wet hair out of my face.

“Oh Ariel?” somebody sang, causing me to giggle before diving back under.

I swam away from the body coming towards me and down the other end of the pool in one breath. As I came up for air, I noticed most of the people in the pool were swimming towards me with mischievous grins on their faces.

Oh shit.’ I thought, looking around frantically for an escape, but there was none.

I screamed as I felt someone wrap their arms around me from behind and spin me around.

“Let me go!” I laughed, even harder when somebody began tickling me.

I finally jerked around enough to get free and I immediately dove into the water, swimming as fast as I could to the other end.

But, it didn’t help when you’re up against an ex pro-swimmer, enter Joe Trohman.

“I’ve got her!” he called once he had me locked in a tight grip, blast him!

“Joeeeeeee! Let me go, please?” I asked nicely.

He smirked at me, “Nah uh.”

“Fine then, I won’t tell you where Holly hid your stash.” I bluffed.

His face turned into one of pure horror, “She didn’t!” he exclaimed.

“Oh she did. Now let me go, and I’ll tell you.” I bluffed again.

He seemed to be caught between a rock and a hard place before eventually letting me go.

“Ha!” I cheered, swimming away quickly only to be grabbed from underwater, coughing and spluttering.

“You know, you’re just like a fish.” Brendon smiled down as he held me in his arms.

“I prefer the term mermaid, if you will.” I corrected snobbishly before giggling.

His grin grew-if possible- before he leant down and gently pressed his lips against mine.

“Hey! No sex! That’s my job, right Evie?” Pete said smugly, causing me to pull away from Brendon and look down.

Shut the fuck up Pete!” Holly snapped as Patrick hit him over the back of the head.

I got out of Brendon’s grasp and quickly got out of the pool, wrapping a towel around me as I did so. From there I walked quickly (and carefully) to the elevator and made my way to Holly and my room. Once I was in, I hurried into the bathroom, ran the shower and stepped in.

Damn Pete for getting to me so damn easily!’ I mentally cursed.

I almost screamed when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me but I noticed the bracelet they had on.

“You scared me.” I whispered.

“I’m sorry, I just- I had to make sure you were ok.” Brendon replied, kissing my shoulder gently.

I shivered, “I-I’m ok.” I stuttered.

“Are you sure?” he asked concernedly, resting his chin on my shoulder from behind.

I quickly turned around, shocking him and myself, “Tell me that you love me.” I begged.

“What?” Brendon asked confusedly.

“Please. Tell me that you love me, and it’ll be alright.” I explained, staring into his eyes.

Brendon looked at me with a sad smile before kissing me gently, “I love you.” He told me.

I sighed in relief and hugged him tightly.

“Come on, let’s get out of here and get dressed kay?” he smiled, turning the water off and helping me out of the shower.

I took the towel Brendon handed me and dried myself down before wrapping it around me and walking into the room to grab some clothes.

“Oh can I choose? Please?” Brendon asked excitedly.

I giggled at his enthusiasm, “Ok.” I agreed, standing back as he rifled through my clothes.

He suddenly stopped and handed me one of the bags Holly had given to me before ushering me back into the bathroom to get changed. My heart began to beat faster when I looked at what he had given me.

My mouth gaped as I saw the beautiful cocktail length purple dress and the undergarments. I’m sure Holly loved buying those for me. Ruddy frilly looking things. I will have to stab her with a spoon, I’m sorry but it needs to be done.

I sighed before placing them carefully on the counter before drying & styling my hair- only wavy though. Once my hair was done, I pulled my dress on, and applied some make up lightly in the way Holly showed me how. I slipped on the black heels on and walked out only to find Brendon looking at me in awe.

“You look... indescribable.” He gushed with a smile, standing up and walking towards me.

I felt my cheeks redden, “Thanks.” I replied shyly.

“Ok well, come with me. I just need to get dressed and then we’ll go.” He said, taking my hand in his and leading me out of my room.

“Go? Go where?”

He looked back at me and smirked, “You’ll see.”

*

“That, was so much fun!” I exclaimed as we walked out of the arcade hand-in-hand.

Brendon chuckled, “I’m glad you had fun. I didn’t want it to be a ‘regular’ or ‘normal’ date because I’m not either of those things.” He smiled.

“Good, because I don’t want you to be.” I smiled before kissing him on the lips quickly and giggling.

As we were walking home, I heard a constant sound of footsteps that weren’t mine or Brendon’s. You pick these things up when you’re living on the streets and looking out for others who might steal your things.

I looked back before turning around quickly every few minutes or so, noticing a man taller than both Brendon and I constantly following us on our way back to the hotel.

“Bren, don’t get freaked out ok?” I whispered to him as I stopped to take off my shoes, “But I need you to trust me.” I finished, holding my shoes in one hand and beginning to walk again.

“Why? What’s going on?” he asked worriedly.

“A man has been following us since we left the arcade. Now, we’re only a few minutes away from the hotel, so just, follow my lead ok?” I asked, entwining our fingers.

“Ok, go for it.” He said.

At that instant, I took off running, pulling Brendon along with me. But we weren’t the only ones, the man behind us also began to run.

Shit!” I cursed and tried ignoring the pain in my foot and to continue to run even faster with Brendon back to the hotel.

Almost- there.” Brendon said as we both saw the hotel in our sights.

We sprinted the last few meters and ran inside and into the elevator, closing the doors behind us hurriedly. I immediately leant against the wall for support as I tried to catch my breath. Same with Brendon.

We were both breathing heavily as the elevator went up to our floor. As the doors opened and I walked out, the pain in my foot exploded causing me to trip and fall onto the ground.

“Shit, are you ok?” Brendon asked concernedly.

“M’fine,” I moaned in pain a little as I looked in my foot and saw a piece of glass lodge in it, “just a big mother truckin’ piece of glass. Nothing I can’t handle.”
Sign up to rate and review this story