Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Tell Me My Life

chapter fifteen

by erinisavictim 3 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-02-08 - Updated: 2009-02-08 - 1051 words

0Unrated
brendon;

"We'll find her, Brendon. I swear we will."

"It doesn't matter. It's too late, she's already dead. I killed her, William." As I sobbed dryly into my best friend's shoulder, William tightened his arms around me.

"You don't know that, Bren. You haven't killed her, this isn't your fault. I shouldn't have left her here, I should have been paying more attention to the scents around the building. But it doesn't matter; we just need to find her."

He pulled me off of him to give me a pleading look. "Please, please don't give up, Brendon."

Silently I nodded, but only for William's benefit. I'd already given up. Even if we found her, she'd already be destroyed by those horrible animals. And it was all my fault. I killed my Katelynn.

--------

katelynn;

"Draw," Gerard's terrible voice announced in amusement as my knees gave out, sending me crashing to the floor, "again."

This was the third time we'd done this. Gerard wanted to know how strong I was compared to him, so for the last three days he had Frank bring me into what looked like a huge, dark ballroom. The ceilings were tall and it was lit dimly with dusty crystal chandeliers. It was in this room that Gerard made me fight him, always careful not to spill my blood yet far from gentle. This time, though, was by far the worst. I had been avoiding his hits well, having learned some of his tricks already, until the very end of the 'fight'. I lost focus for half a second before I felt myself flying backwards, and then I hit the wall of the ballroom with a loud crack. The wall behind me, and a few of my ribs. As he advanced again, I managed to get a blow to his stomach, knocking Gerard off his feet, and ran away from him the best I could in so much pain. It was then that he ended the round.

"Impressive," he breathed out, pulling himself off the floor and walked toward me. "Frank, come get her and take her upstairs. I'll admit, Katelynn," he addressed me, "It's been fun. You would make a very good fighter."

He said it like a compliment, but it made me feel dirty. Frank approached me and knelt down beside me, lifting me up despite gasps and winces-- my whole body was in agony, and I could feel bruises forming everywhere. I learned after the first time that crying was not allowed, though, so I bit my lip to avoid screaming out in pain. When Frank stood up again, I rested my throbbing head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, wishing I could just pass out and be free of the pain.

"Bye, Katelynn!" I heard the beast Gerard say cheerfully. "Oh, and the rest of my friends should be arriving tomorrow. So just in case we don't get a proper goodbye, it's been a pleasure to meet you!"

A proper goodbye. Says the man who will drink my blood himself tomorrow. I whimpered slightly at the thought, but quickly regretted it. Fortunately, though, he didn't seem to hear. So Frank began carrying me out of the room and up the stairs.

"You need anything? A glass of water?" Frank asked, laying me down on the dirty bed sheets. I shook my head, unable to speak for fear of screaming.

"Okay. Then I'll see you tomorrow. You know, Katelynn," he added thoughtfully, heading to the door, "I've never gotten to know a human before. I'll be sad to see you die, I think. Goodnight."

The door shut, and I was left alone for the last few hours of my life. Left to wait for them to come get me, to end everything. In a way, I was relieved that it was finally here. Being dead had to be better than being forced to fight with Gerard everyday. Better than starving and being locked in this wretched room. Better than seeing Gerard's terrible white face baring it's teeth every time I closed my eyes.

Better than wondering what Brendon is doing. Was he looking for me? I honestly hoped not. I didn't want him coming here, he was too good for this place. Too good to be near these people. I hoped that he had given up and returned back home. That he was living in his beautiful little house again, getting over me. Dying would get him out of my mind for good, and eventually I would be out of his as well. Perfect. Could I really wait another day to die? Did I have to?

I looked around the room, learning how much it hurt to move my neck around, but not caring. And then my eyes found what they wanted. I actually laughed out loud-- how had I not thought of this? As fast as I could, I rolled myself out of the bed and onto the floor, ignoring how badly it hurt. That didn't matter. Nothing would, in a few seconds.

On hands and knees, I crawled across the room until I reached the huge framed mirror leaning against one wall. It was old and rusted around the edges. The glass was cracked and chipped all over, and a thick layer of dust made the image in it foggy. There was a long crack down one side, where the mirror had broken and someone had simply fit the piece back in. An easy fix. My fingers gripped at the piece, pulling it from it's spot. Still laughing, I pulled my arm back so that the jagged edge was about a foot away from my heart.

Goodbye Gerard, and goodbye Frank. Goodbye dark bedroom and horrible ballroom. Goodbye William. Goodbye Bre--

"Katelynn? W-why are you doing that?"

My heard seemed to stop beating for a moment at the sound. My arm stayed poised holding the jagged piece of mirror in front of me, and I couldn't find the strength to turn around and see who was there. Suddenly though, I felt a pair of arm wrap around my waist.

"Please put it down. Please."






it was short, so i thought i'd go ahead and update (:
I wrote this with a playlist composed mostly of Carla Bruni and MCR, hahahaha. I'm in weird-mode.
Sign up to rate and review this story