Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Try to Fight (Yeah Right)

Chapter One

by Blackraven 0 reviews

Vampires. Yeah, you love this. So Kyla is part vampire, and wanted by the Dandies, who are run by William Beckett. Then she meets Pete Wentz and his gang, but they're only a little better. Does eit...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-02-08 - Updated: 2009-02-09 - 1144 words

0Unrated
On the pavement it looked like a street war was going on. But in actuality it was just some vampires and some humans fighting it out.

“Oh don’t do that. Come on, can’t you see they’re vampires. They’re going to-“ I hissed as a few of the female vampires latched onto the human. “Oh look at that, they bit you. I told you. I told you that would happen.” I shifted, crossing my ankles and giving a sigh. I looked up at the sky, which seemed so close while I was sitting on a seven story building. My eyesight was superb, and that was the only reason I could see the fight below me.

As I looked back down, a gust of wind blew my long dark brown hair back from my face. One lone vampire went up against another, and sparks flew from their little fight. Then one of the vampires fell, and the other turned. I looked to see where he was looking and saw Him. The vampire that so many hated. William Beckett sat on a car and just waited. The other vampire suddenly took off toward him and I groaned. “Oh don’t do that you idiot! Jeez, you’re all so stupid. Damn it!” I rolled my eyes as the vampire hit the car just as Beckett disappeared.
A few seconds later more vampire mugged him and his friends were overwhelmed as well. By the way the lone vampire had stopped moving, he was out cold. Roughly three of them tossed him in the back of a police car, and another got in to drive a little ways away before he got out and went back to talk to Beckett.

Should I help the vampire? I looked back at Beckett. Hm. I just wasn’t feeling it. I really didn’t want to cross paths with Beckett before I had to, though I knew that sooner or later he would find out I was back in the city.

I kept watching as someone shoved the other three into the car, and my heart clenched. And yes, my heart could clench. I wasn’t a vampire. No, my dad was, but I wasn’t. I had a little bit of vampire blood, but only enough so I had inherited a few of their abilities. For example, my enhanced senses. A few others were my a little above average strength, my enhanced speed, and my aversion to sunlight.

Letting out a sigh, I held my breath as William opened one of the doors, then closed it and laughed. Come on humans….surely they could get out if they tried. My ears picked up the sound of an enraged yell, and my eyes flicked back to the first car. “Come on!” I said, banging my foot against the side of the building.

Apparently it had been louder than I thought, because about six vampires looked up. “Oh crap,” I muttered, jumping to my feet. Spinning, I ran to the other side of the building and jumped, my tennis shoes smacking down on the next building over. I heard another yell and turned, seeing the door to the last building crash open. And then another crash from below, on the street. I really hoped it was the vampire and his human friends escaping, but my hopes weren’t very high.
With a gasp I leaped again, my feet slipping off the next building. I grabbed onto the ledge with my left hand and swung myself up, ignoring the pain of colliding with the building. Struggling to my feet, I kept running, looking behind me again. The two vampires chasing me had froze, and were looking down at the street. I recognized them instantly, and my heart hammered in my chest.

As if they could hear it (and they probably could) Brendon Urie and Ryan Ross turned to look at me. Their red eyes were glowing in the night, making me even more on edge. Ryan crouched, and I saw the brilliant white of his fangs as he stared at me. A moment later he looked around and launched off the building, going to the street below. I knew he would be fine, but if I tried that I would end up with a broken leg at least.

“You’re lucky, Kyla,” called Brendon, walking to the edge of the building he was on. I was breathing heavily, and blood dripped down my arm to the roof. “Consider this your warning, and expect a visit from William. I’m sure he’ll be glad when I tell him you’re well,” he growled.
Yeah, he would tell William and I would be screwed. I could attempt to stop him. Attack him now and try to rip his throat out with my not-very-sharp fangs. Instinctively I crouched a little bit, as if to jump across the few feet separating us and attack Brendon.

Sensing my intentions, Brendon laughed, relaxing his pose even more as if inviting me to try. “Do it, and we’ll see who ends up with their throat torn out,” he chuckled.
“William would kill you,” I snapped quietly. All the same, I attempted to relax and not look like I was going to attack him.

“Don’t be so sure, but I never said I’d kill you. I’m certain that with a little tender loving care from Ryan and me, you would heal,” replied Brendon. I stood there for a moment longer, and apparently I was wearing on his nerves. “I thought I had just said you were lucky. If you don’t leave here in about three seconds, I’ll be delivering you to William kicking and screaming,” he snapped.

Without another word, I spun around and took off running. I didn’t stop and didn’t look back until I was back to my apartment. The sun was rising, but I wasn’t going to burst into flames or anything. I was okay in the sun, it just made me squint a lot. That and I got real tired, real fast.

Inside, I closed and locked the door before walking to my bedroom and throwing off my clothes in a pile. I pulled on a pair of shorts and a t shirt even though it was January. Shivering in the chilly air, I went to my bed and snuggled down under three blankets and a sheet. Within a few minutes I was asleep.


______________________________
so obviously I don't own any character except a
few random vampires and Kyla Hazel. There's the
disclaimer. Done. More important, I hope you liked
it and I'm probably going to post like, four chapters
of it tonight. Please R&R, but DON'T STEAL MY WORK!
I'VE HAD PEOPLE DO IT AND IT PISSES ME OFF. Have a
good day.
Sign up to rate and review this story