Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Try to Fight (Yeah Right)

Chapter two

by Blackraven 3 reviews

read it

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2009-02-08 - Updated: 2009-02-09 - 1613 words

1Exciting
When I woke up it was about four thirty in the afternoon. My heart sank as I remembered the night before. With my luck, someone from the Dandies would be knocking at my door tonight. I considered leaving, but I wasn’t sure I wanted them to catch me out on my own in a city I hadn’t been in for a few years.

I went to my bathroom and took a shower, standing in the hot water for a good thirty-five minutes. It did wonders for the aches in my shoulders and neck. Plus it washed away the blood that I’d been too lazy to get off my arm the night before.

Instead of trying to do much with my shoulder length auburn hair, I ran a brush through it and pulled it back into a ponytail. My burgundy eyes looked back at me from the mirror as I brushed my teeth. I walked back to my room, looking around at my assortment of clothes. Finally I decided to put on a pair of tight stone washed jeans, a black hoodie, and black knee high boots. I walked back to my bathroom and put some eyeliner on, just as a knock sounded at my door.

Checking my watch, I saw it was almost six. Well, they were earlier than I thought they would be. Who would it be I wondered, Adam? Brendon? Surely not Ryan? Not yet, I wouldn’t think. I mean, if I tried to evade Will for awhile, yeah he’d probably send his lapdog Ryan after me.
I stepped up to my door and leaned my forehead against it, letting out a breath. Did I have to do this? Another pounding knock answered my question. I threw open the door, plastering a smile on my face and expecting to see someone like Adam, Jon, or Spencer. Instead, I got something a lot worse.

William was standing on my doorstep. Him, Ryan, and Brendon. Damn, what had I done to deserve this? Needless to say, my smile was long gone, a look of horror replacing it.

“Hello, Kyla,” greeted William, walking inside without even being invited. That was a total myth, though it would be nice if vampire did have to be invited in. Brendon and Ryan followed him, and the brown haired lapdog turned to me, baring his teeth in a smile. His eyes were red, which meant he was either really thrilled or really pissed. So either he was just really happy to see me, or William had told him he would get to throw me around a little. I was hoping for the first, but betting on the second.

“So, how have you been doing? Well, I hope,” continued William. I closed the door and turned to see him sitting on my black leather sofa. Ryan sat beside him and Brendon in the overstuffed chair beside it. All of them stared at me.

I leaned against the door, taking a deep breath. “I’ve been okay. I guess. You know, I was going to tell you I was back-“ I tried to explain, but William cut me off.

“Of course you were. Why are you so tense, Kyla? Please, come sit with us. Brendon and Ryan have missed you ever so much,” William stated soothingly. When I didn’t move, he added. “Brendon, go make her more comfortable.”

“I’m sure they have,” I muttered. Then my head snapped up. “N-no, that’s okay,” I protested, but Brendon was already up. He walked over to me, but I scrambled away from him, walking back against the wall. Brendon lunged toward me, and instinctively I pivoted so I could kick at him with my right leg.

My foot connected with his chest, but before I could do anything else Ryan was on me. He grabbed me by the neck and slammed me against the wall. I saw stars for a moment, until Ryan tossed me back toward William. Of course, I hit an end table and went sprawling with it. He couldn’t throw me into the chair.

I groaned as I hit the floor, and didn’t even try to get up. I heard footsteps, and someone grabbed my shoulders, dragging me up with them. It was Brendon. He got me to my feet and pulled me against him, so his chest was pressed against my back. One of his arms were around my waist, the other was under my chin. He was supporting me, but I was pretty sure I could stand on my own.

William got up and walked toward me, a swagger in his step. He stopped to run a hand over Ryan’s shoulder-who was staring at me none too kindly-and then came to stand in front of me. “Oh Kyla,” he sighed, as if I were a willful child. A trickle of blood dripped down my temple into my eye. I tried to shake it away, but Brendon’s arm didn’t give me that much movement. “I don’t know why you have to fight me. Especially when you have the support of these two wonderful vampires,” he waved his arm to indicate Ryan and Brendon. Oh yeah, the murderous look on Ryan’s face just told me how much support he was willing to give. And the most support Brendon would give was probably what he was doing now.

“I don’t want to do this, Kyla, but-“ began William, but without warning his phone rang. He answered it with a brisk hello, and immediately his face darkened. He huffed and looked at me, speaking into the phone. “All right. I see. Yes, I’ll be there shortly. I’m sure you are, Adam. Good-bye.” He hung up, and the room was silent. “It seems I must take my leave. Sadly, I have business to attend to and can’t bring you with me today. Therefore, I’ll be letting you go. But tomorrow I’ll send one of my boys here to pick you up. I’ll expect you to come without causing a fuss.” He paused, as if waiting for an answer. I didn’t speak though, but instead regarded him as if he were a poisonous snake.

“Well, let’s go boys,” he sighed, and Brendon’s supporting arms immediately disappeared. I surprised myself though, and didn’t fall. William noticed this too, and I saw him glance at Ryan.

As Ryan walked past me, his shoulder collided with mine. I didn’t have time to react, though, and I was knocked to the floor. I heard a snicker, and then my door opened and closed. I stayed on the floor and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.

Finally I got up and walked back to my room, changing my shirt and pulling on a jacket. Then I grabbed my keys and walked out of the apartment, closing the door behind me. A few blocks later, I stopped. I’d been walking for about an hour and I had no clue where I was.

The only thing I knew was that I was in a part of town that no one wants to get caught in. Looking around, I tried to recognize anything, but nothing looked familiar. “Shit shit shit!” I muttered to myself, finally stopping and just looking around.

A few scuffling noises made me look up and I walked toward the noises. Pretty soon I saw a small scale fight going on. A few vampires were there, and a few humans. I froze and just stood there, until one of the vampires turned and saw me. He stalked toward me, but I just stood there glaring.

“Well, well. If it isn’t the little girl that got away,” he snarled, and I realized this was one of William’s vampires.

“Screw off, loser,” I snapped, tensing a little. I saw another of William’s vampires get staked, and the one that did it stopped and watched the vampire in front of me.
“I don’t think so, how about I bring you back-“ he started, but I didn’t let him finish. Instead I lunged at him and backhanded him across the face hard enough that I knew he tasted blood. The vampire screeched and fell to the ground.

“How about you leave me the fuck alone,” I snarled, glaring at him. I knew by this time my normally green eyes were probably tinged with a dark red. They wouldn’t go full out red though, they would only get a reddish cast.

The vampire snarled and his eyes flicked away from me, to something behind me. I turned too late, and felt stabbing pain in my shoulder. Reaching up, I broke off the end of a stake and shoved it into the vampire behind me. Pulling it back out, I spun to do the same to the first, but he was up and running away.

“Well that was…slightly impressive,” said a cold voice from behind me. I spun and raised the stake, but a hand caught my wrist and pressed into my skin. The immediate pain made my hand open, and the stake clattered to the ground. I saw the guy standing there was a vampire, his eyes brown like milk chocolate.

“Get off!” I snarled.

The vampire sneered at me. “With pleasure,” he growled back, and swung me into the wall beside us. Dazed, I fell to the pavement and lay there in pain.


________________
I feel lazy. My chapters
are a little on the short
side i know. Please tell
me if you'd like to
see something happen?
Sign up to rate and review this story