Categories > Original > Drama > Nothing To Lose

Fly Me To The Moon

by CelestialDream16 0 reviews

Bryan and Jamie discuss their wedding plans

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-03-22 - Updated: 2006-03-23 - 1490 words

0Unrated
Nothing To Lose

Author's Note: Sorry it took me so long. The title of this chapter is based on a poem that my cousin's friend has on his away message that I like. She showed me one day.

Chapter Title: Fly Me To The Moon

Fly me to the moon

And let me play among the stars

Let me see what spring is like

On Jupiter and Mars

In other words hold my hand

In other words darling kiss me

Fill my life with song

And let me sing forevermore

You are all I hope for

All I worship and adore

In other words please be true

In other words I love you -- Anonymous.

(On With the Story)

It was still snowing when Bryan woke up the next morning. He got out of the hotel bed and walked over to the window. He was surprised when he opened the shades. The whole city was blanketed it in at least a foot of snow. It seemed as if England had experienced the blizzard of the century over night.

To Bryan, the snow on the tops of the houses, and the world just being white and pure, as far as he could see, was enchanting. He always found snow to be that way. He looked down and watched as snow plows started clearing the streets below just in time for the morning traffic. It seemed as if things were going to move on like normal despite the blizzard like weather.

Bryan reached for the phone and dialed a number he had memorized by heart as a child.

"Hello?" a voice said on the other end.

"Mom, hi it's Bryan, I have something I need to tell you," he told her hesitantly wondering if perhaps this was the worse idea in his entire life.

"Bryan, oh wow, it's so great to hear your voice," his mom said breathlessly.

"Yeah," he smiled slightly and took a deep breath. "I'm getting married, and I'd like you to be there."

"Married? To whom?" she asked confusion lacing her words.

"To Jamie, you met him the last time we spoke," he told her softly.

"Oh, I see," she said, and he could practically hear her frowning.

"Dad doesn't have to come," he said quickly. "I'd just like you to be there."

"Me and Brenna will be there," she told him. "When is it?"

"I'm thinking in two days, I'll call you tomorrow to tell you for sure. It's just going to be a small ceremony," he told her.

"Alright, here talk to your sister she's nagging to get on the phone," she said and he heard the phone being passed around then had to tear the phone from his ear as his sister got on.

"BRYAN!? Oh my god, I missed you so much!" she practically screeched into his ear.

"Hi Brenna," he said chuckling.

"Hi, what's going on?"

"Me and Jamie are getting married this week," he told her.

"Jamie? You mean the guy you write me about?" she asked quickly.

"The very same," he told her. "And you're invited."

"Oh, yay," she said enthusiastically.

"I got to go Brenna. I'll see you at the wedding," he told her. "I love you, bye."

She said bye and he hung up the phone with a sigh. He missed his sister dearly. She had been a best friend to him as she grew up. The ache in his heart lessened as he turned to see Jamie slowly waking up in the bed. His hair was messed, and he looked as if he were slowly waking from his dream, as the wonder of it still remained in his eyes. Bryan smiled as Jamie reached up to rub his eyes with his fists. It was a childish reaction, and it never failed to strike Bryan as being adorable, when coming from Jamie anyway.

"Good morning," Bryan said walking over to the bed to kiss him.

"Morning," Jamie said and broke the kiss with a yawn, which had Bryan laughing.

"It's beautiful outside and snowy," he told Jamie wrapping his arms around him.

Jamie smiled and snuggled closer to Bryan and his warmth. He knew it was cold outside. There was a chill in the hotel room. He also knew of Bryan's amazement with snow. The first time it snowed in New York, Bryan was out having a snow ball fight with the neighborhood kids. He just loved being in the snow. It was a quirk that Jamie found oddly intriguing about Bryan.

They stayed like that for a while. Just holding each other, enjoying the company of each other and then Andy walked into the room, and Bryan held out an arm to him. They all just sat there, Andy leaning on him, taking in the feeling of actually being part of family. It was a concept Bryan and Andy hadn't come to understand until recently.

"I think we should go to Silas's," Jamie said softly. "He could get sick in this type of weather."

Bryan nodded and sent Andy to get dressed and then he and Jamie started getting dressed too.

A few minutes later they were in a cab on their way to Silas's.

"I hope he doesn't get sick. He looks really weak already," Jamie told Bryan softly.

"He is," Bryan said with a sigh.

The cab pulled up in front of Silas's flat and dropped them off. Bryan knocked on the door and smiled when Diana answered.

"Hello," he said.

"Hi," she replied with a yawn. "You realize its nine o'clock in the morning don't you?"

"Yeah, we just wanted to visit you guys," Bryan said and Diana smiled at him.

"Alright, come on in," she said and stepped back. "Uncle Silas is still asleep. I think yesterday wore him out."

Bryan nodded and sat down in a chair. He wished he knew what to say to this girl who was his daughter. He already knew he'd love her. It wasn't in him not to love any child he came across in some way. But, it was hard when she was nine years old, and had never seen him a day in her life.

"I was just about to make breakfast, would you like some?" Diana asked them.

"Sure," Andy said.

"Why don't I help?" Bryan offered. "I mean, we were taught to cook by the same person."

Diana smiled at him again and nodded.

"Alright," she said.

She got out the stuff to make omelets and her and Bryan made everyone omelets. They were just serving them when there were footsteps in the hall and Silas walked in yawning, running his fingers through his hair.

"What smells so good," he asked looking around. "Ah, I see, Diana and her omelets."

"Dad helped to," she said looking at Bryan who felt his heart swell at the word dad.

It was a word that he never thought he'd hear in his life aimed at him, and it warmed him to hear it spoken.

Silas smiled and sat down at the table beside Andy.

"Bryan always specialized in making omelets," he said.

Jamie took a bite of his and his eyes widened. It was actually really good. He swallowed and turned to Diana.

"These are amazing," he said.

"Thanks," she replied with a smile.

Silas watched as the others ate. He wasn't really hungry. He'd been feeling sick to his stomach for the past few days and knew that if he ate anything that morning, it wouldn't stay down. His thoughts turned to a letter he had gotten a day before. It had been from his ex-boyfriend. The one he'd gotten AIDS from. He'd always thought he'd gotten AIDS because his boyfriend had cheated on him, and the letter had revealed the real reason. David had gotten a blood transfusion when he was a child, before it was the law to screen blood in the hospital. It had taken a few years to show up, but it did, and he'd passed it on to Silas before he knew he had it. He'd found out he had AIDS a year after he and Silas broke up.

"Silas, you okay, you look a million miles away," Bryan said.

"I'm okay, I was just thinking," he told him with a smile.

Bryan looked at him closely, and realized that Silas looked a lot healthier than he had looked the day before. His color seemed better, and he didn't look so tired. The realization eased Bryan's nerves a bit.

"So, when are you guys getting married," Diana asked Bryan.

"I was thinking in a day or two," Bryan said looking at Jamie, who nodded with a grin.

"How about on New Years eve, that's three days away. New beginnings and all that," Silas told them, and Bryan grinned.

"Sounds good to me, what about you Jamie," he said.

"Perfect," Jamie replied softly. "I'll call my parents tonight and tell them."

(End Chapter)
Sign up to rate and review this story