Categories > Original > Drama > Nothing To Lose

I Thee Wed

by CelestialDream16 0 reviews

The wedding day

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-03-22 - Updated: 2006-03-23 - 1797 words

0Unrated
Nothing To Lose

Chapter Title: I Thee Wed

Author's Note: I am so sorry it took so long to get this one up, I have it written down word for word in a note book, which is unusual for me, I normally don't write the chapters before I type them up, but I never had time to post it. I hope to get two more up before the weekend is over. Oh, the pastor is named after my own. Sadly enough I do go to church. I was raised Pentecostal, which is odd because I feel no guilt against the bible for having a fascination with Yaoi stories. Oh well.

On With The Story:

Bryan waited in the small church as he nervously fixed his suit. The scene felt oddly out of place in his mind. He was in a small church in his home town, the preacher he grew up with was at the front of the room, and it was his wedding day, only instead of the other couples he knew his preacher was going to marry, he would not being getting married to a woman. Jamie had insisted on having a church wedding like any other couple, and Bryan had went out of his way to please him. He had been so understanding with the Diana situation, that he couldn't find it in his heart to deny Jamie anything; so as soon as he found out their wedding license had been approved he had contacted his old preacher.

"Thank you once again for doing this," Bryan said giving the preacher's hand a gentle squeeze.

"Why wouldn't I," he asked chuckling. "You've been thanking since you walked in the doors, and I have no idea what for."

"Well, gay marriage is against the Bible," Bryan said surprised.

"Yes, it is, but so isn't prejudice, so, if I decided not to marry you and Jamie, then it would be a prejudice, and it would be a sin," the preacher said kindly. "It isn't my place to judge you Mister Matthews; I can only guide you, as I did while you were a child."

Bryan smiled and nodded his head. He had no idea what to say to the man standing in front of him. He had grown up on his sermons, and soon after he started dating Silas, had stopped coming to church because he felt that the preacher would condemn him for his lifestyle.

"Bryan, I've known you since you were born, and you would never do anything unless you felt it was right, so I know you must believe your love for Jamie is right," the man smiled and removed his hands. "Who am I to judge?"

Bryan nodded and turned quickly to the door when it opened. Jamie walked into the silent church with a nervous smile and the preacher turned to him.

"Hello Mister O'Brien, I am Pastor Bollinger," he said smiling at him.

"Nice to meet you," Jamie said shaking his hand.

"You too, I was wondering who would finally drive Bryan into marriage," the preacher said with a grin. "The only reason why I knew he wasn't married was because he once promised me he wouldn't marry in any church but mine."

"Bryan's not known for breaking promises," Jamie said with a grin.

"No he's not," Pastor Bollinger agreed.

"Alright Brother Bollinger, the guests are here," Bryan told him and the Pastor nodded.

Silas was sitting down in one of the pews with Diana and Andy. Bryan's mother and sister were sitting beside him. A minute or two later Liam and Helen O'Brien walked into the church and waved before sitting in one of the closer pews.

"Is this all," Pastor Bollinger asked.

"Yes sir," Bryan said with a smile.

"Okay then, let's start," the pastor said.

"Alright," they said and stood side by side in front of him.

Pastor Bollinger read of the well known wedding vows that Jamie and Bryan recited with such sincerity and love that no one could doubt their feelings, and then they ended with the traditional kiss.

"Congratulations," Pastor Bollinger said smiling at them.

"Thank you," Jamie said grasping his hand.

"You have no idea how much this means to me," Bryan told him. "To us."

"I think I do," he replied. "How's your mom doing Bryan?"

"Not well Sir, my father refuses to even speak to me, and I to him for that matter, it's breaking her heart," he said softly.

The Pastor nodded and Bryan hugged him.

"Thank you so much," he said before releasing him.

The Pastor smiled, and Bryan and Jamie walked off to their guests.

"Congratulation's," Helen said hugging Jamie tightly.

"Thank you mom," he said and smiled at his dad who hugged him.

"I'm proud of you Jamie," he told him.

"Thank you dad," Jamie said and then they smiled at Bryan.

Helen enveloped him in a tight hug, and Liam shook his hand. Bryan's mom gave Bryan a hug, and then turned to say hello to Jamie. As soon as she backed off, Brenna jumped on Bryan with a bear hug.

"Hey sis," he said laughing.

"How dare you leave me alone with mom and dad," she said with a fake glare.

"Sorry," he replied.

"It's okay, I've just missed you so much Bryan," she said and hugged him again.

"I've missed you too Brenna," Bryan replied.

"Alright you guys, the Limo is here," Silas called and Bryan's eyes went wide.

"Limo, who hired a Limo," he asked.

"Wedding present," Silas said with a grin and lead everyone out of the church.

Bryan gaped at Jamie who shrugged and followed everyone else. Bryan said by to the Pastor and stepped outside to the cold winter air. He saw the limo and joined everyone else.

"I can't believe you hired a Limo," he muttered to Silas who grinned.

"It's only to take us to the town hall for dinner, and then take Brenna, Brenda, and Jamie's parents back to the hotel," he replied.

"I'm sorry, do I know you," Brenda asked him.

"Yes, you do, I'm Silas Montgomery," he told him.

"You mean, the man Bryan was living with when he moved away from home," Brenna asked. "That's so cool. Damn my brother has good taste, you're hot."

"Thanks," Silas said with a laugh.

"So wait, you are Bryan's ex, and you're making this wedding perfect for him," Liam asked.

"Course, him and Jamie deserve it," Silas said with a small smile.

"That they do," Helen said with a smile and grinned back.

"You only think that because you believe your son in law is hot," he told her.

"Well that too," she agreed with a shrug.

Brenna laughed and looked at Jamie.

"Bryan, how come the cute one's are gay?" she asked.

"Hey if you think Jamie's cute, you should see my ex," Silas said and she turned to him.

"What's he look like," she asked interested.

"Hold on, I still have a picture I believe," he said and pulled out his wallet.

It took a few minutes but he finally found the picture and handed it to Brenna who whistled.

"Damn and he's gay?"

"Yeah, for almost two months I thought he was straight after we met, it really sucked," Silas told her and she laughed.

"I bet? How old is he?" she asked.

"Thirty," Silas said with a laugh.

"Damn I was hoping to turn him straight," Brenna grumbled and her mother looked at her shocked.

"A girl can dream can't she?" she asked.

Brenda sighed and shook her head.

"Are we talking about David?" Bryan asked him.

"Yeah," Silas said. "He and I have been talking lately."

"What?" Bryan asked surprised. "Yeah, it's a long story, I'll tell you some other time."

Bryan nodded and the Limo pulled up in front of the town hall. They all walked in and Silas had them sit down at a long table while he brought out the feast he had prepared ahead of time.

They all sat and ate the food while carrying on light conversations. Brenda and Helen found some common ground talking about their son's childhoods, and Liam was talking with Andy which made Bryan happy. Liam accepted Andy as his grandson.

Brenna looked at him and asked the question he was hoping for.

"Who's this girl?" she asked him.

"That's your niece Diana," he told her with a smile.

"Huh? Is she adopted too?" Brenda asked.

"No, it's Kayla's and my daughter. I didn't know Kayla had been pregnant when I left town with Silas, and I just recently met her. Like two weeks ago met her," he said and everyone stared at him.

"Hi," Diana said softly. "It's nice to meet you all."

"It's nice to meet you too," Brenda said and walked forward to give Diana a warm hug.

Diana smiled and hugged her back. She was about to say something when she heard Silas coughing and she spun around quickly.

"Uncle Silas," she called out and ran to him.

Silas lost his balance and feel to the floor and Bryan and Jamie ran to his side.

"Silas are you okay," Bryan asked helping him up.

"Yes, I'm okay," he said hoarsely brushing himself off.

"You should be home and resting," Jamie said and Silas sighed.

"I'm fine Jamie, don't worry about me please, it's your wedding day, you should celebrate," he told him.

"But are you sure your fine," Jamie asked.

"Yes, I'm sure," Silas said and Bryan smiled at him.

"Can't blame us for worrying about you Silas," he said and Silas nodded at him.

"I know, I might take your advice and head home for some rest," he said.

"Well go on then, I'll buy Diana some clothes on the way home and she can stay at the hotel with us," Bryan told him and Silas looked at Diana.

"Are you fine with this?" he asked her.

"Yes," Diana said and Silas said goodbye to the others who said goodbye back.

He walked out of the hall and down the street. He couldn't believe he had ruined Jamie and Bryan's wedding reception like that. They had all decided instead of a big party they'd just have a small dinner during which they'd learn about Diana and the court case. But instead his illness had to ruin it by weakening him at precisely the worst time. He sighed and pulled out the keys to his flat walking up the stairs in the building.

He headed down the hall to his, and stopped dead in his tracks. Sitting in front of the door to his flat was a blonde haired man, with big blue eyes. He had a pale complexion and looked rather tired.

"David?" he said shocked.

Thank you WhinnieRichards
Sign up to rate and review this story