Categories > Original > Drama > Nothing To Lose

To Have and To Hold

by CelestialDream16 0 reviews

Again, mostly David and Silas

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-03-22 - Updated: 2006-03-23 - 2459 words

0Unrated
Nothing to Lose

Chapter Title: To Have and To Hold

Author's Note: Once again, this is mostly a Silas and David chapter. Even though I decided they would be background characters, I tend to let them run away with the script for a while. It happens later on also with two other characters.

On With The Chapter:

David slowly woke up to the annoying sound of Silas's phone ringing. It took him a second to realize where he was and then he turned to see Silas still sleeping soundly by his side. He sighed and reached over picking up the phone.

"Hello?" he said.

"Hello? Is this Silas?" a confused voice on the other end asked.

"No, hold on," David said and reached over to gently shake Silas's shoulder. "Silas, come on wake up."

Silas groaned and rolled the other way causing David to sigh.

"Oh, come on babe, you've never been this hard to wake up," David complained.

He set the phone down and leaned over and kissed Silas deeply. Silas kissed him back slowly waking up.

"Hmm?" he said opening his eyes.

"Phone call," David replied handing him the phone.

Silas sent him an annoyed glare and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" he said.

"Silas, this is Bryan," Bryan said confused. "When'd you get a roommate?"

"I didn't," Silas said sitting up with a groan. "Why are you calling so early? Wasn't last night your wedding night?"

"It's not early, it's almost noon, and Jamie and I were worried about you last night, we wanted to check on you this morning," Bryan said. "And if you didn't get a roommate, then who answered the phone?"

"David," Silas said simply.

"David? What's he doing there," Bryan asked shocked.

"It's a long story, and I'm still tired, so I'm going to get off the phone, alright?" Silas said.

"Sure," Bryan said with a sigh and hung up the phone.

Silas put the phone back on the hook and looked over at David with a have smile.

"Sorry about that," he said.

David shrugged and kissed him.

"No big deal, they were worried about you," he said with a smile.

Silas smiled back at him. Then he looked down at the cover and looked up with a serious face.

"What are we doing David? I mean, we haven't seen each other in almost twelve years, and we're acting like it was only last week that we saw each other," he said looking down at their hands which were laced together on the covers. "Last night was amazing, it was like we were in a dream, but we can't pick up where we left off at nineteen years old, too much has happened since then."

David nodded and reached over to place his hand on Silas's cheek gently with a sad smile.

"I know Silas, but it's just easy to give into the memories you know," he said.

Silas nodded and David smiled at him. He sat up in front of Silas and leaned over to give him a deep kiss. Silas wrapped his arms around David and kissed him back. David tangled his fingers in Silas's brown hair holding Silas close to him, trying to prolong the kiss, dreading its ending. Eventually though, they broke for air and Silas backed away from him.

"I got to get in the shower, I have a feeling Bryan's going to drag his husband here, and I want to at least be awake when they get here," he said getting out of the bed.

David gave a small pout but wound up grinning anyway.

"Alright, do you want me to go home? Cause I should probably shower and change anyway," he asked.

"Nah, go back to sleep if you want, when you want to get in the shower, I'll let you borrow some of my clothes, we look about the same size," Silas told him reaching into his closet to pull out an outfit.

David nodded and watched Silas until he disappeared behind the bathroom doors. He folded his arms behind his head and used them as a pillow. When he had decided to wait for Silas at his door he hadn't planned on staying the night. Just something in him had told him he had to go see Silas. A small smile played at his lips as he thought of Silas's face when he'd seen him. Silas had looked like he was going to faint on the spot, but he'd also looked so weak. The smile disappeared when he thought about that. Silas hadn't been taking care of himself like he should have. Something had him way too stressed out.

He closed his eyes and sighed. He had known since he started dating Silas that he would always love him. He had been dating someone when they'd met. Silas had found out he was gay because he'd walked in on a extremely emotional argument between him and what had been at the time his boyfriend. The man had been trying to get David into bed and David had been tired of the man cheating on him and told him to get lost.

He'd expected people to only want sex in a relationship. He didn't sleep around, but he thought if you were in a relationship that was the only way to separate love from attraction, but Silas had shown him different. Silas had been such a shy guy; he'd have never thought Silas was gay if Silas hadn't told him. When they did start dating, even though they shared a one room dorm, it was months before they had sex, most of the time they'd spend the night holding each other and talking. It wasn't long before they'd pushed the two beds together so as to not have to spend the night in a tiny bed.

He got up and walked out of Silas's room. He'd always hated lying in bed all day, which was horrible because some days that's all he wanted to do. He walked to the bag that he brought with him and pulled out his pills. He was already a couple hours late on taking them. He took the little bag with him anywhere just in case he got held back.

David walked to the sink and filled up the cup, and took the three pills he'd been prescribed.

He sat down on Silas's couch and turned on the TV. He flipped it to a channel that interested him and waited for Silas to get out of the shower. His eyes drifted shut for a minute and then he felt a kiss being pressed to his lips. A drop of water hit his cheeks and he opened his eyes as he kissed Silas back.

"Feel better?" he asked.

"Much," Silas told him. "Now go wash yourself, you smell."

David laughed and kissed him before getting into the shower. He quickly washed himself and then his hair. He didn't want to take so long seeing as he was just a guest in Silas's home for the time being.

He stepped out the shower and found the clothes Silas were letting him borrow on the shelf with the towels. He walked into the kitchen to see Silas putting a small snack on the kitchen table.

"Lunch?" he asked and Silas nodded.

"I usually get hungry in the afternoons," he told him.

"You too," David asked with a grin.

"Yup," Silas replied.

David sat down at the table with Silas and they both started eating.

"I'm guessing this is homemade ravioli isn't it?" David asked him with a grin.

"Do you think I would honestly buy that store bought oven stuff you put in the fridge?" Silas asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course not," David said with a laugh.

"Actually, I did," Silas said guiltily.

"Poor Silas, you conformed," David said with mock pity.

"Well, if I hadn't you would be waiting another thirty minutes for food," Silas told him.

"Then thank god you did," David said with a smile and leaned over to kiss him.

Silas kissed him back and they went back to their lunch occasionally looking up to smile at each other or make some random comment. They stacked their plates in the sink after lunch and settled onto the couch for a movie.

About ten minutes after the movie started Silas was kissing David deeply. David tangled his fingers into Silas's thick brown hair and kissed him back just as deeply. They were so lost in each other they didn't hear the phone ring.

Bryan hung up the phone with a sigh and turned to Diana.

"We'll have to stop by his house later to get you another outfit, he's not answering his phone," he told her.

"Well all that means is he's taking a nap. He usually does this time of day," Diana replied. "We can pick my stuff up without waking him, and be out of the house before he even notices."

Bryan sighed and smiled.

"Alright," he said.

He kissed Jamie bye and told him he loved him before he and Diana walked out of the hotel room together. They met they're cab down on the sidewalk in front of the hotel and waited in a comfortable silence in the back as it made it's way to Silas's flat.

Diana checked the lock on the door before taking out her key and letting herself into Silas's flat. Bryan and Diana walked through the kitchen and into the living room.

Bryan stopped dead at the couch in shock.

Silas and David were currently laying there. Silas eyes were closed and he was topless. David was also topless and was currently keeping himself occupied by trying to unbutton Silas's pants and kissing on his neck at the same time.

Bryan cleared his throat to keep the embarrassment at a minimum. Silas bolted straight up and so didn't David.

"Bryan, hi," Silas said breathlessly.

"Hi, just wanted to keep Diana from walking in on this, she wanted to pick up an extra pair of clothes, she's going to your dads tonight," he said with a smile.

Silas looked up at him as he buttoned his shirt.

"Why?"

"Well he wanted to spend time with her, and my boss needs me back in New York for a while," he told him. "She called him from the hotel and they talked, he talked her into staying with him for a day or two. He's picking her up here."

"I guess Jamie's going to take your place in the trial?"

"For a week or two," Bryan said with a sigh.

"Oh," Silas replied then turned to David. "Oh, Bryan this is David, David this is my friend Bryan."

Bryan looked at David slowly. He wasn't sure how he'd feel about meeting the man who had given Silas AIDS, but he was sure he was supposed to be angrier than what he was. Yet, seeing the way Silas was looking at David let him know that David wasn't the monster Silas had assumed him to be. He decided to keep from judging him, at least for the first ten minutes.

"I'll go clean up the mess in the kitchen so you can talk to him okay," David said giving Silas a quick kiss and walking out the room.

Diana looked up at Silas shocked. She'd never seen her Uncle with a boyfriend before and it was shocking to her to see him kiss another man. She eyed him before smiling and hugging him.

"He's cute Uncle Silas," she said with a grin.

"He is isn't he," he replied smiling back.

"Uh huh," she said and then ran to her room to go get her things.

Bryan sat down on the couch and looked at Silas with a small smile.

"I'm guessing you guys made up," he said softly.

"Yeah, we talked through a few things last night. He'd written me a letter about a week ago and it turns out that he didn't cheat on me Bryan," Silas said.

"He didn't?"

"No, he had a blood transfusion when he was ten and it didn't affect him till college," Silas told him softly.

Bryan nodded and then smiled at him.

"I'm glad you guys are back together then, you look cute together and you deserve to be happy," he said putting his hand on Silas's shoulder.

"Thanks Bryan," Silas said with a smile.

There was a knock on the door and Silas walked into the kitchen to open the door. Standing on the other side was a man with the same dark brown eyes and hair that Silas had, only his was graying on the sides.

"Come on in dad," he said with a smile.

Steve Montgomery walked into his son's flat with a smile. Diana ran into the room and threw herself into his arms and he laughed.

"Hey Diana," he said kissing her forehead.

"Hi grandpa, guess what, Uncle Silas has a boyfriend," she told him.

"Really?" He asked shocked.

"Yup, the blond guy," she told him.

"I see," Steve said with a smile and looked at David. "I guess it's nice to meet you then."

"I guess," David said and looked at Silas who shrugged.

"She thinks we're dating," he replied. "No convincing her otherwise. Dad this is David."

"Hi," Steve said and then looked at his son. "Are you okay, you don't look so good?"

"I'm fine," Silas said quickly and both Bryan and David glared.

"You haven't told him?" Bryan asked. "You told me you would while we were dating almost eight years ago."

"Told me what?" Steve asked looking at Silas shocked.

Silas sighed and looked at the others in the room. He knew if he didn't tell his dad they would.

"I've had AIDS for the past twelve years," he told him quietly.

His dad stared at him in shock.

"Why'd you keep it from us," he asked softly.

"Because, you had just gotten over loosing mom, and I didn't want you to go through that pain again," Silas told him.

His dad nodded and then hugged him tightly.

"You should have told me Silas. I love you to death, you're my son, and I would have been there for you," he told him.

"I know dad," Silas said.

Diana looked between them and smiled.

"Ready to go grandpa?" she asked and Steve nodded.

"See you when I bring her back alright," he asked and Silas nodded at him.

Bryan smiled at him and hugged him.

"I'll see you before I catch my flight tomorrow. Take care of him David," he said.

"I wll," David replied and Bryan walked out the small flat.

(End Chapter)

I know really bad, I'll try and update soon.
Sign up to rate and review this story