Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Like Glass

by killxsmile 4 reviews

Take it or leave it.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-02-15 - Updated: 2009-02-15 - 1332 words - Complete

2Moving
Author's Note: Because I'm in an unusually good mood, I'm posting this. Enjoy!

Tissamy: Yes, I have tasted Sweet 'n' Low out of the packet, and I agree that it tastes like hairspray. I like using Equal instead.

somethingorother: Oh man. I always drink the little cups of creamer at restaurants. Good stuff.

Now onto el capitulo...

Like glass.

“Do you think I should have bought those shoes?” Steph asked as we walked out of Aldo.
“In your words ‘These are fucking excruciating. Get them off my feet!’”
“Still, they were so cute…”

Before I could respond to her horrible reasoning, my pocket started vibrating. I pulled my cell phone out and flipped it open.

3 New Picture Message(s)

They were all from Eric. The first one was a picture of his eye. Confused, I opened the next one, a picture of him making a heart with his hands. Catching his drift, I smiled at the last one, a picture of him pointing at me.

I love you.

As I got caught up in an ‘aww’ moment, my phone started ringing. Eric.

“Just the boy I was thinking about,” I said, answering.
“Glad to hear it. And I know I’ve already said it, but happy 3 month anniversary.”
“I still can’t believe that you remembered.”
“I still can’t believe that you thought I’d forget,” he said chuckling. “Anyways, the reason I called was to tell you my car is in the shop. Smoke suddenly started coming out of the hood and apparently that‘s a bad sign. I wish there was another way to do this, but could you pick me up for our date tonight?”
“Yeah, no problem.”

“C’mon, Chloe! The sale at Wet Seal awaits!” Steph said, excited to spend her paycheck.
“Yeah, yeah. Don’t get your panties in a bunch.”

Ignoring Steph’s eager plea, I turned my attention back to my phone.

“Thanks. Love you.”
“Love you, too.”
“Bye.”
“Sayonara.”

Before I could even put my phone back in my pocket, the brunette was pulling me toward the store.

5 dresses, 6 tops, and 2 pairs of skinny jeans later, we were out of the dressing rooms and swiping our credit cards at the register.

“I really don’t understand why you bother buying clothes anymore,” Steph said, chuckling as we walked out.
“Nice, you tell me after I spend a bunch of money.”
“Well, ever since you got with Eric, it seems that your clothes spend more time on his bedroom floor than on your body.”

I playfully hit her with my bag.

“There’s more to our relationship than just sex.”
“Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the weed.”
“Hey, you’re just jealous that I found an sweet, uncomplicated, non-clingy guy… who just so happens to be awesome in bed, and likes sharing his stash.”
“This is true…” She chuckled. “Does he by any chance have a twin brother?”
“Sorry, Steph. Eric’s one of a kind.”

Smiling, she cocked her head to the side.

“You really like him, don’t you?”
“Yeah,” I said with a grin.

I hadn’t planned on it, but Eric had grown on me. It just goes to show that concert make out sessions with strangers can lead to meaningful relationships.

After stopping by the food court for some pizza, I glanced at my watch. It was already 7.

“Crap, I’ve gotta get home,” I said, getting up.
“Have fun with Eriiic,” Steph teased.
“I will.”

We shared a quick hug, then I made my way toward the parking lot. Thanks to a multitude of green lights and lack of commuters, the drive to my apartment went by much faster than expected.

Shopping bags in hand, I hobbled into the elevator and regretted the purchase tucked under my arm.

“God, why the hell is this blender so heavy?” I muttered to myself.

Once inside my apartment, I noted the time. 7:26. In the hallway mirror I checked my hair and make up. My mascara and eyeliner needed touching up, but other than that I looked decent. I quickly redid my makeup in the bathroom then I was out the door once again.

Not sure how it happened, but between the time I got home and the time I got back on the road, traffic had become a disaster. Apparently someone rear ended a truck, and it was causing a massive gaper’s delay.

It was 8:17 when I finally arrived at my destination. His usually locked door was cracked open and ribbons of smoke were seeping through.

“Eric?” I said, lightly knocking.

“Huh?”
“Who’s that?”
“Oh shit. It’s my girlfriend.”
“You have a girlfriend?


My eyes went wide.

That bit of hushed conversation told me what was on the other side, but I nonetheless opened the door.

And there Eric was, underneath a topless redhead.

“Chloe, I can explain--”

He tried getting up, as his ‘friend’ attempted to cover up.

HOW?!” Zero to infuriated in 2 seconds flat.
“I… I was--”
“You know what? Save your fucking breath, douchebag!”

I slammed the door behind me and ran out to my car. While his frantic footsteps followed mine, I only saw it as motivation to go even faster. With Eric hot on my trail, I sprinted into my car and quickly locked the door. He pounded on the window, but I couldn’t have cared less. All I cared about was getting my car started.

“Chloe, I’m sorry!” he said, standing outside the driver’s side window.

Angry tears flooded my eyes, blurring my vision.

“SHIT!” I screamed, hopelessly trying to jam my keys into the uncooperative ignition.

“I didn’t mean for it to happen!”
“Yeah, you two were just naked at your apartment and accidentally fell on top of each other, right?!”

Just as the engine roared to life, Eric ran out in front of the car and put his hands on the hood. It took every ounce of willpower I had to keep from flooring the gas pedal.

GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY!” I screamed.
“I never meant to hurt you, Chloe! I’m sorry!”

He wasn’t taking my hint, so I took my foot off the brake. As my car lurched forward, he finally jumped from my path.

Tires screeched against the asphalt and I sped off.

Traffic lights and stop signs were just meaningless blurs of color. Cars and pedestrians were just objects to avoid smashing.

I was in no condition to be behind the wheel, but my brain wasn’t making that connection.

I’m not sure how I managed to do it, but in my state of temporary insanity I was able to find the local bar.

After shifting into park and taking my keys out of the ignition, I rested my head on the steering wheel and let the tears flow.

In the words of Bart Simpson, Eric and I had agreed to keep our relationship “light and breezy.” The concept had always worked for me before, so I didn’t see a problem with it-- I’d get the benefits of a sweet guy who cared about me without having to think about what we’d do in the long run. But this time around, I fucked up. I wasn’t supposed to let him in. I wasn’t supposed to get attached. I wasn’t supposed to care so much about him.

The whole point of keeping our relationship away from the deep end was to prevent the eventual break up from getting messy. But there I was, in the middle of the ocean, shoreline out of sight.

I eventually wiped my tears away and fixed my makeup in the rearview mirror. With the best fake smile I could muster, I got out of my Jetta and headed inside the bar.

+++++
There you go. Chloe and Eric are over.
Gaskarth to the rescue?
Only 2 ways to find out: RATE or REVIEW.
C'mon. You know you wanna.
;)
Sign up to rate and review this story