Categories > Original > Drama > There's no chance in catching me falling, because i'll just fall again.

Here we go again.

by Unintended 0 reviews

first chapter. we find out about the main character and what happens.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-02-18 - Updated: 2009-02-19 - 1431 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

As I sat there on my bed pulling on my last green converse shoe, I had no idea why I was going tonight. Grace never really asked me to come to a gig just her and I and I had, had such a bad week that I really did not want to go out. I had tried to pull out of going so many times and all of the times I tried Grace Thought of more reason why I should come.

I got up off my bed and headed into my bathroom which was located right next to my bedroom, turning up the CD player on the way. I pulled out my straightener and plugged it in and waited for it to heat up. “So kiss me like you did” I sung “I’m melting...I’m melting in your eyes, I lost my place. Could stay a while and I’m melting in your eyes” I finished quickly when I touched the straightener and knew that it was ready “OUCH mother fucker!” I yelled. Another great reason to live alone, I could swear all I wanted.

I began straightening my shoulder length layed medium brown hair and admired my newly added light brown highlights which gave me a new look for once in a while. I finished the last part of my layered side fringe and turned off the switch. I pulled out my make-up from the top draw of my cream coloured basin and applied a thin line of black eyeliner. I really don’t want to go tonight I thought to myself. I usually liked going to gigs but I had gone last week and this week I really wasn’t in the mood.

I finished my eye make-up and started on the powder to finish off my face. This week was number 1 the two year anniversary of my father who had died when I was 18. He was only 55 years old and it wasn’t a peaceful death like we all wish for, it was a painful heart attack and fall down a ladder to a bone crunching landing on the hard cement ground. I cringed every time I thought about it. To make things even better my boss of my busy, boring office job as an assistant to an event planner had informed me that I would be getting extra shifts over the next few weeks and longer hours YAY I thought. It was defiantly the cherry on top.
When I was finished with my make-up I added some hippy bracelets as I like to call them to my wrist and a silver chain to my neck and I walked out the bathroom back into my room still in need of a shirt to wear. After shifting through my wardrobe I decided on a white “The Used” T-Shirt as I was listening to them after all. I switched off my CD player and went to grab an old worn out vintage shoulder bag off my door knob. I grabbed my keys, wallet, gum and phone...”Oh Shit” I exclaimed ‘5 missed called and 3 messages’ my phone read. From Grace. I rang her back and after 3 rings she answered.

“Hey Grace, I’m sorry I had my music up too loud and...”
“I DONT CARE! I HAVE BEEN STANDING HEAR TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT SHIRT TO WEAR AND EVEN SAM WOULD’T HELP!” She cut me off.
“Grace, I don’t know if you knew this but Sam’s a fish” I laughed “Just wear a shirt and jeans like you always wear”
“Mmmm I know. Ah yeah this one will do. Oh by the way I locked my keys in my car and yeah do you reckon you could pick me up he he?” She exclaimed trying to be cute but failing.
“Yeah yeah but my songs this time”
“HAHAH OK”
“I’ll be there in 10” I said “Bye”
“BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” She shrieked “I’M EXCITED!”
I hung up.

10 minutes later like I said, I was out the front of Graces house and had to beep 5 times as usual until she came out.
“HEYYYYY”
“WHAT?!” I screamed over the music.
“Argh” she exclaimed as she turned down the music “Hey”
“Oh hey” I exclaimed “Niiiiceee Hair” I smiled.
“Thanks, I did it yesterday. Oh and look at this” Grace replied and pulled up her black Green day Shirt to reveal her tan flat stomach and green studded belly ring.
“You did it yourself Woman?!” I questioned her.
“Yah” She smiled.
“I like it. Wanna do mine?” I laughed.
“SURE TOMORROW”
“I was joking, I’m fine with the lip” I replied
“Too bad you’d look heaps hot with it you skinny bitch”
“Look at yourself” We both laughed.

“So I’m on Annamite Street, where do I go now?”
“ Um two lefts then it are on your right” Grace replied smiling.
“What?” I questioned her
“This will be fun”
“Ah yes and why did you want me to come?” I sighed.
“Because you had a bad week and because no one else would and you love me” She smiled.
“Slut” I mouthed pulling up to Zillo’s Hotel. After buying our tickets we walked to the bar as we were early and got ourselves a drink.
“He’s Hot” Grace exclaimed pointing at the guy on the stage setting up the mic “I think he’s the singer”
“mm” I replied glancing up then back to my drink and took a sip.
“You’re No fun” Grace said before admiring and drooling more over the guys setting up.

When the guys had finished setting up people had started coming in and standing up the front so we finished our drinks and followed them as “we had to get a good spot” In Grace’s words. The band got on about 10 minutes later. As it was dark I couldn’t really see what they all looked like but from what I could see, the drummer was shirtless and looked like he had many tattoos and short straight hair. The bass player had shoulder length light brown hair and was wearing a hoddie; the guitarist was very lanky with longish black hair and the singer who actually looked kind of hot had shortish brown flicky hair and a beanie on.

“WE ARE TAME BLUE LIONS!” he yelled “WE ARE HERE TO ENTERTAIN YOU AWESOME MELBOURNE GUYS AND HERES OUR FIRST SONG” The singer exclaimed. They began playing and they were surprisingly really good. Grace and I got into the music and started jumping up and down along to the music and trying to catch the choruses and sing along. I couldn’t help looking at the singer the whole time, his movement and connection to the audience was amazing, although he looked shy and tended to keep to the middle of the stage. When it was over I was quite disappointed yet surprised at how much I had enjoyed the show. We stayed around and had another drink at the bar before we left.

“Did you enjoy it?” Graces asked
“I did actually, they were great”
“Awesome me too. Oh hey look its them lets go and say hi” She exclaimed dragging me over to the four guys and another guy packing up the van.
“Ah Grace” I shrieked “Let go please”
“Woops” She replied “Hey guys! You were awesome” The guys turned around and smiled.
“Hey! Thanks! It was fun” The singer replied
Grace nudged me and I lifted my head up. “Oh yeah it was great” I said smiling up to the singer. His eyes were the most beautiful light blue eyes I’d ever seen and our eyes locked for a second before I turned back to the ground.
“Thank You” He smiled “Well we better get going, hope to see you guys again” he exclaimed looking at me. I blushed. NOTE TO SELF: DONT STARE YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT!

“You liiiikeee him” Grace exclaimed winking at me.
“Pfft” I looked over to her “I don’t even know his name”
“Yeah okay so I don’t think we will see them again...” Grace trailed off.
“WHY NOT!?” I half shrieked nearly stoping the car.
“I rest my case” Grace said and folded her arms.
“I just liked the band. Now get out and go inside. I’d like to get some sleep tonight” I replied kind of pissed off.
“Goodbye Miss Denial Lyla” Grace exclaimed before opening the door and getting out.
“Bye”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please review and let me know if i should continue.
Sign up to rate and review this story