Categories > Original > Drama > There's no chance in catching me falling, because i'll just fall again.

We're working it out, we're working it out, its so damn hard.

by Unintended 0 reviews

Lyla sees him again. They get to know each other by playing a game. :)

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-02-20 - Updated: 2009-02-20 - 2210 words

0Unrated
Over the last week I had the same thoughts. Who was this guy from Blue Tame Lions? Was I in denial? Or did I really like him? How could I? I thought to myself, I’d seen him once and hardly spoken to him. They weren’t well known around Australia yet, but Melbourne knew a bit about them. Note to self: add on MySpace.
“Stop thinking about it!” Did I just talk to myself?
“I’m losing my mind!” There I go again
“Idiot” ARGGGHH
I got up off my bed and decided to get dressed for the day. It was a Saturday and I had decided to sleep in until 11. I wouldn’t be going out today so I decided on track suit pants and a singlet top. I wasn’t really hungry so I just made myself a cup of coffee and sat down on my couch to watch some TV. I turned it onto the music channel.
One of the things dad had left me when he died was money for me to do what I wanted. I didn’t feel the need to go to university so I spent the money on a small apartment near the city and near my work. I loved it, it was perfect. One big bedroom, medium size lounge/kitchen/dining room and a large bathroom. I had decorated it as I liked, organised but no theme all mismatched with different coloured walls ranging from black, red, purple, green, blue and white.
As I snapped out of my thinking mode I heard my phone next to me ring. Message tone.
“If I die and go to hell real soon it will appear to me as this room” I pressed the middle button to read the message. Naturally it took ages to load. Note to Self: New Phone, possibly hip top/iphone?

“Heyyyy Lyla! Blue Tame Lions playing at Renwick’s tonight 8pm. You In? I invited Bells too? She’s brining Jimmy. Meet us there at 7.30. Grace x”

I replied.
“Grace. Sure am. I’ll see you there love  Lyla x”

I couldn’t help but smile the rest of the day. Okay so tonight would be the judge of if I liked this guy. Even if I do, he probably has a girlfriend. I thought. The look could have been nothing. Yeah it was nothing, I can still enjoy their gigs but. Yes I can, time to get ready. I got off the couch and went into the bathroom to have a shower. After I had killed my throat and possibly my neighbour’s ears from my singing in the shower, I went to chose something to wear. Seeing as the weather was getting colder I decided to add a hoddie to my pair of jeans and white blouse. After my make-up/hair routine was done I placed a brown headband in my hair, and by that time it was quarter past 7 and I was ready to go.
I was very familiar with Renwick’s as I had been to many gigs there before and my uncle worked at the bar. I got there a bit after 7.30 and parked close to the door. There was already quite a few cars there and I spotted Bella’s over on the left side. I walked inside and found them sitting at a table shortly after.
“Hey Bells!” I exclaimed giving her a hug “Jimmy!” I smiled
“Hey Lyla” They replied both hugging me back.
“Grace” I saluted her and went to take a seat next to her.
“Fucking Idiot” Grace replied.
“Hold on, let me go see my uncle” I exclaimed getting up “I’ll get us some free drinks” I began walking over to Uncle Steve.
He was serving drinks to a few people at the bar, but spotted me as I was walking towards him and came over.
“Lyla” He smiled “Looking beautiful as ever. Here for the band?” He questioned me.
“Hi Steve” I gave him a kiss on the cheek “Yeah, they’re good” I replied.
“Who are you with?” Steve asked me smiling his usual big smile.
“Three of my good friends” I answered
“Would you like some drinks? On the house of course”
“Sure thanks” I replied “Um two beers and two berry cruisers”
“Coming right up” Steve said and went to grab my drinks. “Here you are, have a good night” He said handing me the drinks.
“Thanks Steve, I’ll see you later” I screamed out while I was walking back to the table.
“Beers for Jimmy and Bells, Cruisers for us”
“Thanks”
“Now Jim’s hurt his leg so he won’t be moshing and I’m going to stay with him” Explained Bells.
“That’s cool, we might go jump around for a bit wont we Grace?” I questioned her
“Pfft a bit” She replied “The whole thing” Grace smiled.

The show started soon after and yet again I couldn’t get my eyes off of him. The show was better this time as we remembered some of the songs and once again when it was over I was sad. Grace and I went back to our table and sat down once the guys had left the stage.

“We’re gonna go guys, Jimmy’s getting tired” Bells Exclaimed.
“Alright see you” We replied.
“Poor bells” I said disappointed “Jimmy doesn’t like anything and she really isn’t herself anymore” I explained to Grace.
“Yeah but she thinks he treats her so well she doesn’t want to end it” Grace replied. “Anyway I’m going to go get us some drinks, what you want?
“Um just another cruiser thanks” I replied.
It must have been busy up at the bar because it felt like I was waiting for hours. “Mind if we join?” Someone asked, I looked up and it was the singer from Blue Tame Lions and the rest of them. “We felt like a drink and saw you were alone. You went to our gig at Zillo’s right?”
“Yeah. Actually my friends just getting us drinks at the bar” I replied “Sure sit” I smiled.
“Thanks” they all exclaimed.

Grace came back and we all ended up talking for what felt like ages. “Oh shit” The singer who I found our was named Mitchell exclaimed “My Phone, I must have left it out the back. Who wants to come get it with me? Lyla would you like to come?” He asked me.
“Sure” I responded and got up.
“Be back in a sec guys” He exclaimed.
We began walking out the back and when he had gotten his phone he took a seat on a crate out the back and motioned for me to sit down too.
“It’s quite noisy out there and I feel I haven’t really gotten to know you that well Lyla” Mitchell smiled.
“There is?” I questioned him confused. Mitchell laughed.
“When I saw you for the first time at Zillos all I could do was look at your eyes. They’re beautiful” Mitchell complimented. Ditto I thought.
“T-t-thankyou” I replied slowly.
“You have a fucking great personality. Composed yet you. Hey I have an idea” He said “Would you like to play 20 questions with me? More like 20 questions about Lyla though” He asked me.
“Sure I guess” I replied “I’m not that interesting though”
“Oh I am sure you are” He laughed.

“Where were you born?”
“Collingwood” I answered.
“Brothers/sisters/Mum/dad/pets?”
“Younger brother 12, younger sister 17. Mum lives in Box Hill. No Pets. Ah no dad” I wasn’t going to cry now, my eyes began to water but I controlled it.
“I’m sorry Lyla. We can stop if you would like?” I could tell he regretted asking me.
“It’s Ok” I replied “Continue” I gave a half smile.
“Brighter notes. That’s right. Um career?”
I work as an assistant to an event planner for big events in Melbourne”
He nodded “Musical talents?” I’m sure I knew he wanted me to be musically somehow. Sadly I was very unco.
“I am not co-ordinated, my friends say that I am good at the bottle” I chuckled “Mum and dad always said I could sing”
“Would You like to show me something?” Mitchell asked motioning for me to begin.
“Defiantly not” I laughed.
“Maybe some other time” Never, I thought “Who is the hottest in Blue Tame Lions?” he questioned me.
“Oh Adam for sure” I said proudly. Mitchell pouted. “I’m joking I’d have to say um yeah you” I replied blushing.
“Oh thank you” He smiled widely “Your favourite bands?”
“That’s what I like to be asked” I smiled “Um The Used, My Chemical Romance, Lost Prophets, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones are legendary” I replied “Oh and Blue Tame Lions” I winked “Lots of the local stuff”
There was something my friend Liz always told me about 20 questions I thought while Mitchell was thinking of the next question It was that 20 questions was the biggest flirting game ever. How could he be flirting but? He was just asking about my life.
“You there Lyla, you look like your somewhere else?” Mitchell questioned me.
“Nope I’m fine just thinking” I replied
“About what?”
“Oh nothing, continue” I smiled.
“Relationships or fling?” Is this where the flirting starts I thought.
“Relationships for sure” I answered
“Good” He smiled “Romantic Night in or Wild Night Out?”
“Either” I laughed “Yourself” I winked.
“This isn’t about me” He replied while he was thinking of another question.
“Dom or Sub?” He looked interested in my answer
“Sub for sure” I replied proudly. Oh i could see where this was going.
“Hm” He responded to my answer “Are you a Virgin?”
“I am 100%...no Virgin” I laughed “Wild Night out at schoolies” I replied with a serious look on my face “I’m not going there” I added. Note to self: stop laughing

“I’ll have to agree with you on that one” We both laughed “Well it’s getting quite late and as much as I’d love to continue, the band is probably totally smashed. We will have to continue this game another time” Mitchell exclaimed looking disappointed.
“Defiantly” I replied.
“I would love to catch up again but I might need your number” He smiled.
“Ah yeah. Pass us your phone” He hesitated “Don’t worry I won’t go looking at your photos or messages I don’t want to see your porn” I exclaimed.
“What makes you think I have porn on my phone?” He questioned me
“Because every teenage and 20 year old guys have porn on their phones” I replied proudly “Statistics say so”
“Oh on the contrary Lyla, there are other ways. IPod for example” He smiled. Winked and gave me his phone.
I added in my number with a smiley face after my name then returned the phone to him.
We walked back out to see that the bar was almost empty minus us and another table. Grace was talking to the guys, drunk for sure.
“Ohhhhh” Adam screamed “Their back. TIME TO PARTY!”
“No you idiot time to go home” Mitchell replied.
“You ready Grace?” I asked her, not really expecting her to answer.
“YEEEEAAAAHHHH” she replied loudly “DID YOU MAKE OUT?!” she screamed.
“No grace” I replied blushing “I better get her home” I said to Mitchell. “Bye Guys” I smiled towards them.
“Ah hem” Mitchell exclaimed and held his arms out “Hug?” He asked me.
“Oh sorry. Of course” I answered walking over and giving him a big hug.
“Goodbye Lyla, Grace hope to see you soon” Micthell exclaimed.
“Bye” I replied
“BYYYYEEEEEE!” Grace answered
“GOOOOODDDBBYYYEEEEE!” Adam, Chris and David said together.

“So what did you dooo?” Grace questioned me as we got into the car.
“Just talked and stuff” I replied.
“Ohhh Kayyy” Grace exclaimed.
“I’m turning on the music now” I told Grace but she had fallen asleep “Great” I mouthed turning on my lost prophets cd.
The 20 minute drive was long enough for me to realise that for one I certainly liked Mitchell, tonight really proved that and I wished so much that he liked me in return. I smiled to myself as I lamely imaged us together. Just as I reached my apartment I got a text message. I didn’t recognise the number, but it wouldn’t be from family as it was one o’clock in the morning.

“Lyla. I won’t forget that we have to finish our game. ”
I smiled no need to reply but I knew it was Mitchell. I pulled up to my parking lot and half woke Grace up so I could lead her up the stairs to my room.
“W-w-where are we?” I heard Grace ask me.
“At my place” She yawned “You can sleep on the couch”
Grace nodded as we reached the door. I opened it and tried throwing her on the couch where the snoring started. I laughed as I changed into my pyjamas and jumped into bed. That was when I did something I hadnt in years. I dreamt a good dream.
Sign up to rate and review this story