Categories > Original > Drama > There's no chance in catching me falling, because i'll just fall again.

This is the moment time is racing, slow it down.

by Unintended 0 reviews

Day at the beach. Mitchell and Lyla finish their game.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-02-20 - Updated: 2009-02-20 - 1459 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3:

The next morning I awoke to someone next to me. I nearly jumped but it was only Grace.
“Couch was uncomfortable” she mumbled turning to face me.
“You idiot” I replied “Just cause you’re a lesbian” I laughed.
“OWWWW!” I screamed when she hit me hard on the arm. “Am not” She replied.
“What’s the time?”
I picked up my phone and before I could answer I noticed I had a message.

“I’m probably annoying you by now but the guys and their girls are going down to the beach today and David and I are loners sadly. Would you and Grace like to come?” Sent: 11.05 11/3/07

“Shit” I screamed. It was 1pm “Mitchell asked if we wanted to go to the beach, that was 2 hours ago. Reply and say yeah if it’s not too late now. We were asleep.” I explained to Grace.
“Ok” she replied “Done”
I got up and made us both a cup of coffee. “HE SAID THEY ONLY JUST GOT THERE” Grace yelled out
“Alright” I walked into the room with our coffees. “Need some clothes, or swimmers to borrow?” I asked Grace.
“That would be good” she replied taking a sip of her coffee.
I placed my cup on the bedside table and grabbed some swimmers and clothes. I was going to swim anyway and I had a shower last night so I didn’t bother having one. I changed into my black bikini with red crosses and put a sun dress over it. I then combed my hair and re did my make-up.
Grace was already done when I came back. She pulled on my white tank and replaced me in the bathroom with herself to fix her hair. We were finished in 20 minutes and just grabbed our bags and two towels and we were ready to go.

“I think we have made new friends” Grace smiled getting into my car.
I nodded “I know aye” and got into my car and turned to windows down as it was a very hot day. “So how about David for you Grace?” I winked at her.
“Err, he’s pretty hot. Too kind of plain but. He hardly talks” Grace replied, picking up her phone and pretending to be busy.
“Oh im sure we can change that, mwhahahah”
“Die bitch” I heard Grace mumble.
“Time to show off your body and do some flirting Gracey” I exclaimed pinching her cheek.
I think I heard her grunt as she grabbed her bag and shut the door a little too loud. I ran around to her side. “Grace” I screamed “Come back here and say sorry to the car!” But she wouldn’t.
“Bitch” I said.
“Talking to yourself?” I heard someone whisper behind my shoulder.
“Nope” I smiled and turned around. It was Mitchell. I gave him a big hug “Hey” I said.
“Hello Lyla” He returned the hug “How are you?”
“I’m good thanks” I replied smiling.
We walked down to the beach and I saw that Grace was already sitting next to David. I winked at her and got a death stare in return.

“Hey guys!” I exclaimed to Adam, David and Chris.
“Hey Lyla!” They all replied.
Mitchell took a seat and motioned for me to sit next to him. This is Adam’s girlfriend Tia and Chris’ girlfriend Beck”
“Hey” I waved at them.
They all nodded. Hmm not the talkative type I guessed.
“Who’s up for a swim?!” Adam asked very excited. Everyone agreed except David. But the guys quickly convinced him to come. That defiantly made Grace happy. I smiled to myself.
The beach was surprisingly quiet today seeing as it was one of the hottest days of the year. Swim between the flags my ass as there was like no life guards on duty. Good job Melbourne I thought.
Boy oh boy those girls were trees. Tall and skinny. I looked at them then myself and felt depressed. I thought I had an alright body but now I was wrong. My focus was then drawn to Mitchell, pulling off his green shirt off to reveal his absolutely amazing hot chest. He wasn’t muscle and didn’t have a six pack, but he was built with broad shoulders and had good arms. I had to stop myself from drooling. But it was interrupted by Chris’s voice “Calm down Lyla” then he splashed me.
“AYE” I yelled and ran to splash him back.

Just as I was about to swim over to Grace, I felt someone pick me up from behind. I began to scream at them but half way through I was thrown into the water. By who else by the innocently calm looking Mitchell trying to walk away. I ran after him and pulled him down with me. The others were just mucking with each other a bit Adam turned around and wolf whistled at us. “Fuck off” I exclaimed then game a big smile. We stayed in the water for another hour before Mitchell asked me if I wanted to go for a walk and get something to eat.

We walked up to the little coffee shop and got a coffee and snack each and began walking back to the beach.
“Want to sit down and finish out game?” Mitchell asked me. I nodded.
We sat down on the sand about 100 feet from the others. “Seeing Zeppelin live or never seeing Blue Tame Lions again or seeing unlimited Blue Tame Lion gigs?” Mitchell asked me before taking a sip of his coffee.
“Do you want my answer or the answer you want?” I questioned him.
He shrugged then gave me a cute half smile. “I’d have to say Zeppelin. Who wouldn’t?” I paused “You can always give me private shows” I smiled
“Touché” He laughed “You’re a smart girl Lyla. Um Love or Career?”
“Stuff my Career, you don’t know how much I want to quit” I replied “I’m doing something I hate, that’s probably why I’m no fun” I saw him laugh.
“Your funner then you think: He replied, then went to put his hand down but knocked over his coffee instead “Shit that’s fucking hot!” Mitchell yelped.
“Are you ok?” I asked, concerned. He nodded.
“I’m such a doofus” Mitchell laughed “Back to you umm London or America?”
“America, I would love to go there. In winter would be amazing and I could go to all their music festivals” I answered.
“Burger or salad?”
“Burger”
“Cat or Dog?”
“Dog”
“The used or my chem.?”
“The Used” I replied “Tough one but”
“I’d love to support them one day. Be blind or deaf forever?”
“Deaf” I smiled.
“100 kisses or an hour long hug?” He questioned me. “From your loved one of course” He added.
“Hour long hug is more caring and intimate” I answered.
“Train ride or bus ride?”
“Train” I answered. Mitchell got up and began walking.
I followed “What about my last question?” I asked.
He stopped and turned to look at me. “Would you go out with me Lyla?” He asked then pretended to look at something else.
HE LIKES ME! I screamed inside.
“Yes I will” I said a little too happy. He smiled.
“Thank you” He answered “Let’s get back to the group”

“Why are you so happy?” Grace asked me as I drove her back to her place.
“No reason” I lied. Then smiled.
“HE ASKED YOU OUT DIDNT HE!?” Grace screamed.
“Maybe” I mumbled with a smile “YES!” I screamed back.
“YAY!” She exclaimed “David asked for my number” She said looking proud.
“Congrats Grace, Here we are. I’ll see you soon”
“Bye thanks” She replied and walked inside.
I beeped then drove home happier than ever. I ran into my apartment and called my sister Ange who was like my best friend. After a few rings she answered.
“ANGE” I screamed into the phone.
“Lyla!” She screamed back “How are you? “
“Excellent! You?” I replied.
“Goood. Why so good?”
“Well” I began. I told her the whole story starting from the first time seeing Blue Tame Lions to this afternoon when Mitchell asked me out.
“That’s great! Lyla!” She replied after listening to my whole story.
“But it’s just a date, he may not like me after that”
“Don’t be silly Lyla of course he will” Ange replied.
I then asked how she was going and she told me about year 12, and then put me onto my mum and Ben my brother. Soon after I had to go as I had to pick up some things for my boss tomorrow and make some phone calls.
Sign up to rate and review this story