Categories > Original > Drama > There's no chance in catching me falling, because i'll just fall again.

We got older, but we're still young.

by Unintended 0 reviews

Wheres Mitchell, Lyla starts thinking if it was all just a fling.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-02-20 - Updated: 2009-02-20 - 1482 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4:

It had been two weeks. Two weeks of checking my phone every day, two weeks of hoping I’d wake up to a message from him in the morning. But nothing. I wasn’t going to call him, I wasn’t that desperate. If he wanted to go out with me he would call or text me at least. It was Friday night, nearly two weeks ago we had been at the beach and he had asked me out. Work had been worse than ever and I was so ready to quit. What made it worse was that Grace hadn’t heard from David either, she had texted him but he hadn’t replied at all. If they were going on tour they would have at least told us before they went right?
I changed the channel as the movie I was watching was over. It was 7.30pm and I was bored to death. My phone began to vibrate on the table and I opened it to see who was calling, it was Nick.
“Hey Slut” I answered the way we had since we were kids.
“WHHHOORREE!” She replied “I’m bored”
“Me too! Argh I just watched Titanic for the 100th time”
“Oh that’s depressing. Wanna go get a bite to eat then go see a movie or some shit like that?” She asked me.
“May as well, unless ill be watching the Hills Marathon” I replied
“Yeah your coming. I’ll come pick you up in half an hour” Nick exclaimed then hung up.

My hair was already done from work so I just threw on a pair of jeans, thongs and nice green singlet top. I did my make-up, locked the apartment and went down to the front of the complex to get some fresh air and thinking time while I waited for nick.
If they had gone on tour, wouldn’t they have told us? I thought. The only other possibility is if they don’t want to see us again and the found someone else that they liked. AHH! A beeping interrupted my thinking as Nick pulled up beside where I was standing.
“Get in bitch” She exclaimed out the window.
“Hey Nick” I replied.
“Waz up?”
“Nothing much. Yourself?” She replied.
“Same same. Just annoying work this week. How’s your work going by the way?” I asked her.
“It’s good. I bought something for you to taste actually. It’s my new invention” She replied proudly “Nutella Puffs”
She handed me one “mm yum. That’s really nice nick!” I exclaimed.
“Thankyou” She replied complemented “Now I thought we could go eat at the Italian place near the theatres then go and see something if you’d like?” Nick questioned me.
“Yup, I’m up for anything” I replied smiling.

We pulled up to the restaurant and ordered out food straight away. We ordered garlic bread to share, nick ordered a small meat pizza and I ordered a pene pesto. Our food came shortly after and it was lovely.
“What movie do you want to see?” I asked Nick.
“Um” Nick answered with a mouthful of pizza “A scary one” She replied.
“Okie dokes”
We finished our meal and walked over to the theatre door. It wasn’t very busy at all and we bought our tickets for the 9.30 session and got some popcorn to share. We went into the cinema and took our seats at the back of the room.
“Why did you choose this movie Nick?” I questioned her half way through the movie, as it was about some ghost who had come back to haunt his sisters who had teased him when he was a kid.
“Because it looked good”
“You must be blind then. It’s almost a bad as the one Grace picked out when we were teenagers about the ghost” I whispered.
We both then burst out laughing.
“Shhhhh” The people in the crowd yelled.
“Ok Ok” I whispered and laughed again.

When the movie was over it was 11 and Nick drove me home to my apartment. We said goodbye and she gave me more of her nutella puffs. I bought then inside and shoved them in an empty space in the fringe and went to take a seat on the couch. I started watching some drams on MTV about spring break in America. It was surprisingly interesting. Just as I was half asleep my phone rang. I checked the number but didn’t recognise it but picked up anyway.
“Hello” I said into the speaker.
“Lyla” The voice said “It’s Mitchell. I’m so sorry! Our manager surprised us by saying that his friend in America was interested in hearing our stuff as a support band for US bands coming to Australia”
“You could have called I guess” I replied.
“I know, I’m sorry but none of our phones were working in America. Look I have to go I’m getting on a plane. I’ll call you in the morning” Mitchell exclaimed and hung up.
“Ok bye” I said into the dead phone.

So he did go on tour. But was he lying about the phones? Did he just forget I thought? But I shouldn’t be worrying so much. It’s not like we’re together or anything. He’s just a guy I like. I went to sleep that night annoyed but relieved.

I woke up on the couch and looked at the clock, it was 10am. I made myself a warm cup of coffee with lots of sugar and went to have a shower. As I was getting out of the shower, there was a knock at the door. Great I thought as I looked through the eye hole. It was Mitchell; I opened it up a bit.
“I just got out of the shower” I exclaimed. “Can you wait a second while I get changed?”
“Sure, I’m not going anywhere” He smiled.
I ran into my room, falling over on the way. “ARE YOU OK?!” I heard Mitchell screamed out. “YES!” I replied reaching my wardrobe and pulling out a pair of jeans and a My Chem. shirt. I put them on and ran back out to Mitchell.
“That’s a new look” He said looking at my wet and frizzy hair. I opened the door and let him in.
As I shut the door and turned around Mitchell had a big smile on his face. “What?” I exclaimed.
“It’s nice to see you. I’m sorry again” He said handing me a shirt.
“What’s this?” I asked. As I unfolded it, I saw it was a The Used Shirt with messages on the back
“YOU GOT ME A SIGNED USED SHIRT?!” I screamed.
“Yup. Hahah when we were up in America, the guy we were playing for said that the Used wanted to hear out stuff. So we meet them and I told them how much you liked them so they were more than happy to” He replied.
“OMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH!” I exclaimed giving him a huge hug.
“It’s alright, am I forgiven?” He asked me.
“Yes defiantly” I answered.

“Would you like a drink?” I asked Mitchell and he went and took a seat on the couch.
“Sure thanks. Just a glass of water”
I walked into the kitchen and poured us two glasses of cold water from the fridge. When I came back he was looking at photos on top of my fire place. “Your dad?” He questioned me when he heard me walk back in the room.
“Mm” I replied handing him his glass of water. “I have a question for you”
“Shoot” He said.
“How did you find where I lived?” I questioned Mitchell.
“David was texting Grace before and I asked him to ask her where you lived” He answered smiling.
I took a seat on the couch and Mitchell shortly followed sitting next to me.
“You look lovely as ever, I have missed you”
“No I don’t. How could you live me so much? We’ve only known each other a month and stuff haven’t gone out together” I asked.
“Don’t you like me?” He asked me
“That’s not the point” I replied.
“Because I wouldn’t have asked you out if I didn’t like you. And knowing you probably thought I had forgotten about you, made me miss you even more” He replied
“Oh” I blushed.
“About that first date, seeing as I’m over here now, would you like to go out for lunch?” He asked me.
“Sure” I smiled “Will you at least let me do my hair?” I questioned him.
“It looks perfect” He replied.
“My ass it does” I said “It looks like I’ve been in a cat fight”
“That’s hot” He winked.
Sign up to rate and review this story