Categories > Original > Drama > There's no chance in catching me falling, because i'll just fall again.

First Date.

by Unintended 0 reviews

Mitchell takes Lyla on their first date. But who does he see?

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-02-25 - Updated: 2009-02-25 - 2050 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5:

So I was happy, I was really happy to see Mitchell. But as I was stubborn I was still upset that he hadn’t called nor anything while they were away, had he ever heard of a payphone? I’m sure they existed in America. But man he looks hot in what he’s wearing right now. My thoughts changed as they were interrupted but my drooling over Mitchell.

Mitchell was driving us somewhere, and I didn’t know where we were going and he wouldn’t tell me either. I was angry, I hated surprises I really did, and they annoyed me. But at least there was no blindfold, so I could see where we were going and maybe put two and two together. I smiled at my thoughts.
“Here we are” Mitchell exclaimed pulling up to a building.
“Ah where are we?” I questioned him.
“The restaurant is around the corner”
“Ah, okay then” I replied as I got out of the car and we began walking.
We walked to a small but nice cafe type thing in a quiet street.
“It’s nice” Mitchell exclaimed “My friend’s parents own this place, I thought it would be nice”
I nodded “I’m sure it will be” I replied.
He opened the door and we went up to a table nearest to the window. A waitress soon strolled by to our table and gave us a jug of water and asked if we were ready to order. She nodded her head when we told her we were just looking and strolled over to the next table.
“What looks good?” Mitchell asked.
“Everything”
He laughed “What looks the best?”
I turned to the next page and saw what I wanted “The Caesar salad” I replied looking excited.
He laughed again that laugh that I loved to hear, it was one of the sweetest laughs id ever heard, could laughs be described? I thought
“Alright then” He waved his hand and motioned for the waitress to come over.
“We will have a Caesar salad and a Beef burger with chips and salad thanks” Mitchell exclaimed.
The waitress nodded “Drinks?” She tapped her pen.
“Um I’m fine with the water thanks and lyla?” He questioned me.
“Oh I’m fine also” I smiled to the young girl serving us.
“That won’t be long at all” She said before walking off to the front to give in our orders.

“So how has work been?” Mitchell asked me when we got our meals. He had been asking me questions all this time and wouldn’t let me ask about his trip.
“It has been annoying and boring” I replied. “Can you tell me how your trip was now?”
“Fine” He smiled. “It was good; still feel bad for not telling you. It was most of our first time in America other than Adam, The people were awesome. So was the Used they were fucking rad guys, I hope we get to tour with them. It was amazing as the music scene is different also, they have so many underground bands with posters for concerts all over the city” He paused “It really was amazing” Mitchell finished.
“That’s good then” I smiled as I took a fork full of Caesar salad and ate it. “So am I going home after this?” I questioned him.
“I thought we could go for a walk around you knows?” Mitchell replied.
“Sure”
When we finished our meals we went up to the counter to pay for the food. Mitchell recognised the person at the counter as I could see when he smiled as we got closer.
“Mrs Redford” He smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek “How have you been?” He asked her.
“Mitchell” She greeted him “I have been very good, and yourself?”
“I have been good, this is my friend Lyla” Mitchell introduced me. The lady nodded and shook my hand “Nice to meet you” She said smiling a sweet smile.
“Kit is here If you would like to see her Mitchell” The lady exclaimed.
“Sure I haven’t seen kit in ages” He replied.
The lady went out the back and came back shortly after with a tall thin girl, she had long blonde hair that was tied up and slung in a tight pony tail down her back. She wore no makeup and was quite tan but you could hardly tell as she was wearing a black shirt and skirt, must be a waitress for them. I thought.
“MITCHELL!” She called running over and giving him a hug. He hugged her back and she gave me a small dirty look. Oh great I thought.
“Hey Kit. It’s been age’s man!” He replied “How have you been?”
“I’ve been very good. I just finished my course at uni and I’m just doing some work here until my job in Queensland pulls through”
Blah blah blah blah, they just kept talking, she would blab on about her new job and how she travelled the world and then they started talking about when they used to go out. At that point I just couldn’t handle it anymore; I walked past Mitchell not looking back. I don’t think he would have noticed anyway, I didn’t know where I was going as he had the car and I didn’t really know where I was but I just walked passing lots of little fashion and jewellery shops as I went. About 2 minutes later I heard someone running behind me. “LYLA!” Mitchell yelled after me. I turned around and saw him running towards me.
“Why did you leave?” He asked when he had caught up to me.
“You were occupied and it looked like you guys had a lot of catching up to do” I replied.
“Lyla, you and I were on a date at a cafe that I thought that you would like Kit is like that she just talks and talks and I didn’t want to be rude. We were old friends, we went out but we were hardly exclusive, we went out for less than a month” Mitchell explained. I kind of felt like a bitch now.
“I’m sorry; I just thought she would want me to leave so you guys could talk”
“Don’t be silly Lyla. Now enough about this, do you want me to drop you home or do you want to come for a walk with me?” He questioned me.
“I’ll come for a walk” I replied. Oh great he was angry now. You’re such an idiot Lyla. I thought.

We walked along the streets, occasionally looking into the stores until we came upon a small music store. We both agreed to go inside and began looking at the all the cd’s. We both had the same taste except for some things that he loved and I hated.
“Aww dashboard confessional” I exclaimed picking up their album.
“Hate then” Mitchell smiled “Pussy guys I reckon” He walked off to another section and looked at some other cds.
“Eww Sigur Ros” I mocked him.
“Shut up, their better than your pussy band” He replied laughing. I hit him on the back of the head.
“Oww that hurt” He pouted.
“Look who’s the pussy now” I replied and folded my arms. We both laughed.
“I’m in the mood for ice cream, are you?” He questioned me as we walked out of the music store and back on the streets.
“Sure” I replied “Ah I’m such a fatty”
“FATTY!?” He exclaimed “You’re a tree Lyla” Mitchell smiled.
“Speak for yourself, you lank” I laughed and skipped along. I stopped outside the ice cream place and waited for him to catch up. “No skipping?” I questioned him “Too manly?”
“Basically” he replied walking up to me. We walked inside together and got our ice cream. “Can you stop paying for everything?” I asked him.
“No” He smiled. “Enjoy your ice cream”
“I will” I replied licking my hazelnut ice cream in my favourite waffle cone. “Would you like some?” I asked him.
“Not a fan of hazelnut, id have to say, but you can try mine”
I took his cone and tried the mint ice cream. “Not a fan of mint either, but that’s not too bad”
“I have the best taste” Mitchell replied taking back his ice cream.

“So tell me more about your job” Mitchell asked me. We had finished our ice cream and gone for a walk back to the car when we found a park and decided to go and have a swing.
I hate talking about work “ Um I’m stuck in a job, I thought I’d love but I hate it”
“That’s not good, have you thought about looking for something else?”
“The pays good, and I live alone, so I have bills and all that to pay for. I don’t really have another chance unless I get better pay. I don’t really want to leave the whole event area as I studied for it and don’t really have any other talents” I replied.
“Mm, I’m sure something will pop up”
“Oh I hope so”
“Would you like to play another game?” Mitchell asked.
“Um ok” I laughed. “What is it this time?”
“Um this or that? It’s like 20 questions but better”
“Okay then” I smiled. “Do I get to ask you this time as well?”
“Sure. Okay red or purple?”
“Purple” I replied. “The Used or My chemical romance?”
“The Used” He stood up and went to sit over on the slide. “Um, Religion or Science?”
I continued swinging and went to try and jump off, but fell on my ass instead. “Ow. Um that’s a tough one, I’d like to believe in heaven and stuff but science makes too much sense” I replied getting up. “Same to you?”
“Religion” Mitchell pulled out the cross on the chain he was wearing.
“Oh we have a religion nut...okay” I exclaimed smiling.
“I’m not much of one, I just wear the cross, I don’t full have shrines and stuff” Mitchell motioned for me to come sit by him near the slide. “Don’t worry”
“Ha-ha ok then” I said “Ummmm I can’t think of anything, I hate pressure” I laughed walking over to Mitchell.
“Its alright” He replied sliding down the slide “We better get going anyway ive got band practice this afternoon and if I’m not there my managers going to fucking throw me to the lions”
“We wouldn’t want that oh religion one” I laughed and got hit back.
“Shut Up” Mitchell began walking to the car. “You’re no fun anymore”
I ran after him “AYE! Sure I am I’m just funny” I smiled widely.

We got to his car, and he drove me back to my apartment. We got to talk about him not me for once on the car drive home and I learnt that he had 1 older brother and a cat called raindrop which I thought was pretty funny. I also learnt that all his life he had wanted to be in a band and when they started David couldn’t play bass for shit. It was a good drive home and when we got to the apartment he got out as well.
“I had a good time” Mitchell exclaimed smiling. I smiled back.
“Me too, thank you for today” I stood there not knowing what to say “Well thanks again and ill talk to you another time I guess”
“Lyla wait” Mitchell said walking up to me. He came up closer and kissed me long but soft on my lips, I didn’t want to pull away but I had to stop so that I could catch my breath.
“Goodbye Lyla” Mitchell smiled again and walked back over to his car.
I was speechless I didn’t know what to say at all. I stood there until he had driven away. NOTE TO SELF: YOU’RE AN IDIOT. When I finally got my thoughts together, I turned around and began walking up to me apartment.
Sign up to rate and review this story