Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Light Is Electric

My Light Is Electric (Chapter 28)

by ohsotay23 5 reviews

Stuff happens and Taylor's Dad finds out about the engagement. Read and Review. :]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-02-22 - Updated: 2009-02-23 - 1349 words - Complete

0Unrated
Taylor's POV

“So this is your room, huh?” Gabe asked absentmindedly as he wandered around my room picking up and setting down random objects.

“Yep, this is the room that I grew up in,” I responded looking around at my old place of residence, feeling quite nostalgic.

“I like it,” he announced, stopping the middle of the room and looking around with a soft smile on his face.

“Well, don’t get too attached because tomorrow we are leaving a.s.a.p. bud, no compromises or exceptions will be made,” I informed him sternly.

“Believe me, I doubt that I’m gonna wanna stay after your grandmother gives me the stink eye all night,” he already looked ready to run for the hills.

“You’re just lucky that you’re not meeting the whole family at the same time, we’ll try to do it in intervals,” I tried to plan out exactly how the scheduling would go for that.

“Thank the Lord,” he silently said some type of blessing to himself.

“So when do I get to meet your family?” I questioned him seriously.

“Well, when I get off tour I suppose, we can come back to Jersey, they reside here, and it’s where I grew up. I actually only grew up a few hours south of here,” he told me.

“Woah. That is so freaking weird,” I said in a daze.

“What is?” he asked looking confused.

“I think it’s so freaking weird and uncanny to think that we grew up mere hours away from each other and now we coincidentally end up together, getting married,” I was weirded out but at the same time I feel like we should have our own little mini segment on Oprah or Tyra or something about soul mates.

“I suppose it is. I think we’re soul mates,” he whispered into my ear.

“For once in your life, just this once, I think you may be correct,” I teased him with an underlying seriousness.

“I’m always right hun, you’re just in a state of permanent denial,” he quipped back.

“Sure, sure, whatever you say,” I mumbled and went back to my food as he did the same.

For the next half an hour we sat there in my room making casual small talk and sharing laughs. I was trying to loosen him up a bit before I announced the whole engagement thing to everybody. Well just the small amount of my family that was here, which was pretty much my siblings, grandparents, Alex’s parents and sister, a.k.a. my aunt, uncle, and little cousin.

A half hour later I realized that soon people would come looking for us if we didn’t go and socialize a bit. I’m sure my father would not appreciate hearing that Gabe and I were alone in a bedroom for longer than 5 minutes.

As we stood to walk out of the room with Gabe in tow I hear people stumbling up the stairs.

…..What the fuck….

All of a sudden my door burst open and in came a Cam and Joe in a tight lip lock. Eww. I soo do not need to be seeing this.

Wait a second! They were stumbling into my room while kissing.

“CAMILLE! I swear to God if you were coming in my room to have sex then I will castrate this guy right here, right now!” I yelled at her with a disgusted glare.

“Umm, well, do you want the truth or the uhh, answer that you wanna hear?” she said smiling innocently.

I noticed that Joe was cowering behind her, looking at my angry face in fear.

Good, he should be scared. I am very capable of things that could limit pleasure for the rest of his life. Yeah, I’ll go there. A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.

“I swear to God Camille, if you and Joseph do not leave my room in 2 seconds you will really really regret ever taking my advice of getting it on with him,” I threatened with a smirk.

“Going,” she called, already out the door as Joe pushed her out more quickly.

“The room down the hall and to the right is empty and not in use!” I called to them.

“Thanks!” I heard Joe call back.

Gabe gave me a look and raised his eyebrows, “Did you seriously just aid them in getting it on in your home?”

“That’s my parent’s room hun, and when one of my parental units walk in and see what is probably already going on in there then the show will surely be entertaining,” I chuckled to myself.

“You are an evil little thing aren’t you?” he laughed.


“Yep, sure am. And I think I need to be punished,” I winked at him.

“I think I can help with that,” he muttered while giving me the beginning of a hickey right on my neck.

“Down boy, if anyone here will be punishing anyone it’ll be me punishing you,” I winked and walked out of the room breezily.

I heard him groan in disappointment, “You really are evil, but God how it’s so sexy.”

I smirked and kept heading towards my destination- the backyard.

I was going to find my father and get this whole thing is over with

I ran into my mom before I walked out the door and Gabe finally caught up with me, he was probably taking in all that the boringness of my home had to be seen.

“Hey Mom, I think the door to your room was open, you might wanna go close it, and I heard some weird noises,” I informed her. I know I am totally evil. But maybe this will teach those two to never ever think of procreating in any place that I will ever be.

Payback may be a bitch, but I’m an even bigger bitch.

My Mom already was rushing up the stairs to make sure that everything was in its rightful place. Boy was she about to be scarred for life. Oh well, sacrifices have to be made for the cause.

“You are really evil,” Gabe muttered.

“Better her than us,” I said shrugging.

“I don’t wanna say it incase she can hear me but, tru dat,” he said lowering his voice as if my Mom was lurking around somewhere.

We walked out the back door and all of a sudden heard a loud shriek.

“JOE STOP SCREAMING GOSH! IT’S JUST MRS. BARTLEY!” I heard Cam scream and cracked up laughing at the fact that it was Joe screaming and not my mother.

Then I heard my mother’s laughter.

“Mrs. Bartley stop laughing at me!” I heard Cam whine.

“My mom is a trooper,” I commented.

“Once again, tru dat,” Gabe said very impressed.

I saw my Dad and immediately made a path to him.

“Dad, I have something to tell you,” I announced, catching everybody’s attention.

At this point my Mom had exited the house still chuckling to herself. Cam and Joe soon followed and Cam had a put out look on her face.

“Yes, Taylor?” my Dad questioned.

I grabbed Gabe’s hand and he stood behind me. I could feel his hand shaking and I knew that if I turned around that I’d see a scared look on his face.

“What is it Taylor?” my Dad questioned after a paused.

By now we’d gotten everybody in the backyard’s attention. Shit, we have an audience now.

“Dad, me and Gabe are getting married,” I said really fast.

“What?” my Dad questioned, totally not understanding what I had just said due to the speed at which I’d said it.

I took a deep breath, “Me and Gabe are engaged,” I said at a normal pace.

He just had a blank stare on his face and he looked kind of out of it.

Next thing I know Gabe his being ripped out of my grasp.

Fuck.
Sign up to rate and review this story