Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Choose love or sympathy, but never both

Birthday Celebrations

by xFallxOutxBoyxFanx 1 review

Fall Out Boy celebrates Patrick's 21st b-day.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-02-23 - Updated: 2009-02-24 - 1520 words

-1Cliche
One week later

Patrick woke up to someone jumping on the bed in the hotel room they were staying in. He kept his eyes closed and just groaned; figuring that who ever it was would stop if they knew he was still trying to get some sleep.

“PATRRRRICCK!!!!” He heard a voice whine. Patrick just took the pillow his head was on, and put it on top of his head to attempt to block out the noise. Before he knew it he felt the mattress flip and he found himself on the floor.

“WHAT THE FUCK!?!?” He yelled, annoyed that whoever was doing this to him must really hate him right now.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATRICK!!” He heard three voices say at the same time.

Patrick just sat there in his spot on the floor, still waking up from being awoken ever so rudely. After a few more minutes he remembered that it was, in fact, his birthday. His 21st birthday to be exact.

“Oh, thanks… I guess…” He mumbled, finally getting up off the floor. Clearly Patrick wasn’t a morning person whatsoever.

“What’s wrong?” Joe asked. “Shouldn’t you be happy? You’re finally 21!”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. It’s just… well… I kind of don’t like being flipped onto the floor at…” He glanced at the radio clock on the nightstand, “10:30 in the morning.” Patrick liked to sleep in for long periods of time. Especially since usually he didn’t fall asleep till 3-ish because of the shows almost every night. He did enjoy the shows, but sometimes it was nice to have a break and on those break days, he’d like to sleep in past at least noon.

“Pete did it!” Joe screamed, pointing in Pete’s direction.

“Hey! I did nothing that was all you!” Pete shot back

“Will both of you quit it? I don’t care who did it, just don’t let it happen again.” Patrick sighed, moving to his suitcase to get a change of clothes and headed to the bathroom. He stared at his reflection in the mirror. “21…” He mumbled to himself, “I can’t believe I’m 21…” He brushed his teeth and got dressed into a black Blink-182 tee and a pair of dark blue jeans.

When he exited the bathroom, he grabbed a hat from his suitcase and shoved it on his head, as well as shrugging into a denim jacket.

“So… what are we doing today?” He asked.

“Whatever you want to do, but at around nine we already have something planned.” Pete said.

“And that is…?”

“You’re just going to have to wait and see.” Pete stated, with a grin on his face.

They didn’t do much after checking out of the hotel they were in. They piled into their van and drove to a nearby café for an early lunch. Patrick had no clue what they were doing tonight, but that’s all Pete was talking about.

Finally eight o’clock rolled around. They didn’t do much the rest of the after noon after they were done with lunch. Soon it was eight thirty and Pete and Joe both seemed to get more and more excited.

“Okay is our D.D. ready?” Pete asked looking at Andy. Andy nodded and drove where they were going. Then it hit Patrick.

“Wait… D.D.? As in… So we’re…” Patrick said, with a confused look on his face.

“Yes, yes and yes.” Was all Pete had to say, not even letting Patrick finish any of his sentences. It was weird with Patrick and Pete. Neither of them had to actually say anything, they were constantly finishing each others sentences and answering questions that hadn’t been asked yet.

They soon arrived at their destination – a bar. They got out of the van and stepped inside. It was dark inside with different colored lights, as opposed to white lights or black lights. They all took seats at the bar and Joe and Pete ordered drinks, Andy ordered a soda, and Patrick was still undecided. He knew he wanted to have something to drink, it’s just that he didn’t have much drinking experience before this. And now he was legal and he had no clue what he wanted, so he looked over to Pete as if asking what was good.

Pete ordered something for Patrick, that wasn’t too strong. Pete knew Patrick wouldn’t want something too strong, well at least not this early in the night. The bar tender gave all of them their drinks and then Patrick noticed Pete whispering something to the bar tender. This made Patrick curious, even though he knew it probably wasn’t any of his business, he asked anyways.

“Oh, you’ll find out in a little bit.” Pete said with on of his Pete Wentz grins on his face.

Patrick shrugged it off and took another sip of his drink, the one he still had no clue what it even was. But it was good, and that’s all that mattered right now.

Soon the bartender, whose name happened to be Steve, came back and placed a cup in front of everyone except Andy and then left Andy usually didn’t go to bars, actually he never did because he never drank and always ended up being the designated driver. And it was never any fun driving a car with all the passengers drunk. But tonight was Patrick’s 21st birthday, so he made the exception for his friend, he wanted Patrick to have fun tonight and so did Pete and Joe.

Steve returned with a green bottle and a can. Patrick looked at what Steve was pouring into the glasses. One of the liquids, the one from the green bottle, was a nasty looking brown color and smelled awful. The other one was a yellow-ish color and didn’t really have any special smell to it.

Pete, Joe, and Patrick picked up their glasses and clinked them together and downed them in one shot. Patrick suddenly felt a rush of energy surge through his body.

“Whoa, what was that?” Patrick asked, wanting to make sure to have another later.

“That my friend was Jagermeister and Red Bull, mixed together to make a little something called a Jager bomb.” Pete said.

“And it’s awesome!” Joe screamed in Patrick’s left ear, causing him to jump, which caused everyone else to laugh.

Soon everyone was on their 3rd beer and then they decided to do another round of Jager bombs. Steve poured the Red Bull and Jager into the glasses and the three of them downed the drinks and set the glasses back on the bar counter.

That’s when Patrick jumped. His phone was vibrating in his pocket. He took the phone out of his pocket, fumbling to open it.

“…Hello?” Patrick asked into the phone.

“Happy birthday Patrick!” Skyler’s voice screamed over the phone. This hurt Patrick’s ears more than it should have.

“Oh… thanks… this is…?” Patrick said slowly due to his intoxicated state.

“OH MY GOD! Patrick? Are you drunk?!” Skyler must have been some sort of mind reader because she immediately picked up on the fact that he was drunk.

“I may… or may not… have an answer… to the question you have… asked…” Patrick said.

“Patrick, listen carefully, this is Sky is anyone there who isn’t drunk?” Skyler asked him, worried at what the answer was. Patrick thought about this for a moment, longer than he would have if he were sober.

“…Yes.” Patrick said into the phone, “the one with… the glasses…” He said, suddenly forgetting names.

“Andy? Give him the phone Patrick.” Skyler told him.

Patrick walked over to Andy and shoved the phone in his hands, “It’s… for you…” Patrick said and then walked away.

“Hello?” Andy asked, wondering who was on the phone.

“Andy?”

“Yes?”

“Thank god, it’s Sky from Chicago remember me?”

“Oh yeah, of course, what’s up?”

“Just tell me you’re the one driving them home tonight.” Skyler pleaded over the phone.

“Yep, is that all?”

“Yeah, and when Patrick’s sober again, will you tell him I called?”

“Sure no problem.” Andy said.

“Thanks, bye.”

“Bye.”

Andy walked over to Patrick and was going to hand him his phone back, but then decided it would be safer if he held onto it until tomorrow.

Pete, Joe, and Patrick each had one more drink and then one more round of Jager bombs and then they piled into the van. Andy drove off towards a nearby hotel. When they got there the receptionist told them there was only one room with two twin size beds in it left. This sure was going to be an interesting night…

Okay so I know this one was a little… different. I hope you like it either way.

Falloutboyrox728 – Keep an eye out for the new story =]

Mandy9207 – I don’t know if there’s going to be that much drama, but I’ll do my best =]
Sign up to rate and review this story