Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Choose love or sympathy, but never both

Unexpected

by xFallxOutxBoyxFanx 0 reviews

Some surprising news is coming up, too bad you won't find out what that news is until next chapter.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-02-25 - Updated: 2009-02-25 - 1098 words

-1TrainWreck
Patrick awoke the next morning in the most uncomfortable position of his life. He was halfway off the bed, being pushed off by Pete who was laying on more than half of the small twin sized mattress. He lay there for a few more minutes, okay no he laid there until someone decided to roll over in his sleep and push him off. He hadn’t noticed the headache and massive hangover he had until his head had hit the nightstand, causing him to moan in pain.

“Ouch…” He murmured quietly, noticing everyone else was still sleeping. He glanced at the clock on the nightstand and it read 10:31. Why was everyone else still sleeping? He wondered. That’s when he remembered last night. He remembered why he had the headache and hangover he was lying on the floor with they were celebrating his 21st birthday last night.

He continued to think about the previous night when he heard someone get up. He glanced over to the other bed and saw Andy stretching his arms out.

“Good morning.” Patrick said.

“Oh, hey Patrick I didn’t see you there on the floor…” Andy said, “Wait, why are you on the floor?” He asked with a confused expression on his face.

“Wentz pushed me off.” Patrick chuckled and nodded his head towards the bed where Pete was laying, arms and legs sprawled across the bed.

“Ah, I see.” Andy said chuckling as well. “Oh, your friend from the Chicago show we played last week called last night to wish you a happy birthday.”

“Skyler?” Patrick questioned.

“Yeah, she was sounded worried too.”

“Was I that bad last night?” Patrick wondered. He didn’t really remember everything about last night, but he could have sworn he didn’t do anything that could have worried anyone.

“No, but you had a couple of drinks when she called.”

“Oh, I guess I should call her back now.” Patrick said grabbing his cell phone and heading for the door. He walked down the hallway, dialing Skyler’s number as he walked. The phone had rung twice by the time he was outside of the building. It was a pretty nice day out in… well, wherever they were now.

“Patrick!” Skyler shouted over the phone.

“Hey, Sky how are you?” Patrick said causally.

“Yeah no changing the subject, Patrick how much exactly did you drink last night?”

“Not that much, and umm… what’s it to you?” Patrick said and he regretted it as soon as the words left his lips. He didn’t want to sound harsh or anything, he blames it on the aching pains in the back of his head.

“What… do you mean? Why do I care?” She said, sounding really offended. “I was worried okay? I’ve seen the effects alcohol has on people firsthand and it’s not pretty at all, I just don’t want you to become like…” She trailed off, but Patrick knew exactly where she was going with that sentence anyways so it’s not like she had to finish.

“No, look I’m sorry I didn’t mean for it to come out like that its just…” Patrick said trailing off himself.

“Yeah, I get it Patrick. Just take care of yourself okay? And happy late birthday.” Skyler said hanging up.

Patrick’s head was really starting to hurt now. He honestly didn’t mean to upset her. He figured he would go back to the room and call her again later.

When he entered the room everyone was up.

“Where were you?” Pete asked.

“Just… outside…” Patrick said, suddenly not feeling very talkative.

“Oh, just like standing there?” Joe asked.

“No, I was on the phone…”

“Skyler called last night.” Andy said, as if that explained everything.

“Oh.” Pete and Joe said at the same time.

*

Two days later

Patrick, Pete, Joe, and Andy were on their way to Pennsylvania for another show. It seemed that’s all they were doing lately. Not that anyone had a problem with it, they loved playing music for their fans.

Patrick still hadn’t spoken to Skyler again yet. He was kind of nervous. He didn’t know if she still wanted to talk to him or if she never wanted to see his face again. Today was her birthday too. It was amazing how they’d only known each other for a little over a week, but they already knew so much about each other. Well, okay they didn’t know that much about each other, but for two people who’d only seen each other once and spoken on the phone twice, they knew a good amount about each other.

Patrick finally made the decision to get out his phone and call her and wish her a happy birthday and hope everything is still good between the two of them. Before he could dial any numbers his phone started ringing.

Skyler. The caller I.D. read.

“Hey Sky, I was just go---“ Then she cut him off.

“Patrick!” She screamed. She sounded really upset, whether it was anger or sadness, he could not tell. It sounded a lot like she had been crying though.

“What is it?” Patrick said with a more worried voice, eyes wide.

“He– my–…Patrick…” She stammered out.

“Shh… it’s okay.” He soothed over the phone, noticing that the van had stopped and everyone was now turned around in their seats starting at him, he ignored them and continued to sooth her. “Okay try to calm down, it’s going to be okay…” He said, even though he didn’t know exactly what ‘it’ was.

“NO! No it’s not!” She screamed breaking out in hysterics.

“Tell me, what happened?” He demanded.

[*Cliff hanger!!! Haha, lol this time I kind of did it on purpose. Next chapter’s gonna be good though, well not necessarily ‘good’ but it will be a little surprising, and maybe just a tad emotional... Things are defiantly going to get really weird within the next few chapters though, this I can promise.

Falloutboyrox728 – Thank you for reviewing every time! It makes me happy, I know your going to hate me for the ending of this chapter though lol, but I’ll be sure to post the next chapter soon. Haha and yeah I couldn’t imagine Patrick drunk, so it was a little hard to write that part, hope I did okay though =]

Remember everyone else: REVIEW!!! Lol it makes me really happy to read reviews and to know the story is going good.* ]
Sign up to rate and review this story