Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Basic Aptitude

chapter two

by lost_in_the_shuffle 1 review

For Chandra St James, being smart can be dangerous.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-02-27 - Updated: 2009-02-28 - 391 words

1Original
I'm not sure how long I was unconscious, minutes, hours maybe. All I know is when I woke up I first thought I was dead. Then I realized I wasn't strapped down anymore, I was no longer in the room. In fact I was no longer in the building.
Instead I was in the back of some kind of vehicle, one that was moving at a very fast rate.
I groaned and tried to sit up, but was quickly pushed back down by unseen hands.
"Careful now," a female's voice said, "the drug is still in your system."
I followed the sound of the voice and found myself looking at one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen.
"Who are you?" I asked and she smiled.
"My name is Elexa," she said, "my group and I raided the center and found you. You are a very lucky girl that we found you when we did. They had already started the process of eliminating you."
I stared at her and realized what she was.
"You're a vigilante, aren't you?" I asked, unable to keep the alarm from my voice.
The vigilantes were almost made into bogey men, the kind of people that mothers warned their children about. The government said they were against the system, that they wanted to create chaos and anarchy.
She laughed softly.
"I guess you could say I am," she said. "You see Chandra, we do fight against the government. But not to create chaos or anarchy. All of us, and everyone where we are taking you are special.
Each of us are people that passed the test, and would've died if we hadn't been rescued."
She looked at me, then took my hand.
"You have a choice," she said. "You are one of the smartest people we have ever come across. Your scores were off the charts. We could use someone like you,someone to help us get more people out and to find a way to bring an end to the death.
She suddenly turned her head and looked out the window, then looked at me again.
"We're here," she said, and I felt the vehicle stop.
She took my hand, and helped me out of the vehicle and for as I stepped into the light, I saw what would become my new home.
Sign up to rate and review this story