Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Death Note: A New Era

New Era

by Shank 0 reviews

A little of the past

Category: Death Note - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Yagami Raito,Yagami Soichiro - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2009-03-08 - Updated: 2009-03-08 - 2641 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Present-The New Era

Yagami Light…Kira, had been killed. Ryuji had successfully been able to get his vengeance for his wife and bring a new age of justice to the world. Soichiro who had been shot in the confusion by Light, which had resulted in his son’s death, survived the wound, but he wasn’t the same man anymore. Everyone knew that he was going to retire when he got released from the hospital and when he did, he decided on living a quiet life with the remainder of his family for the rest of his days. With a major job opening in the Japanese law enforcement, Aizawa did his best to help Ryuji reinstate himself as a criminal profiler to work alongside him as a new partner. Ryuji sometimes couldn’t believe he was working with the man that put him away, but he felt once again that he was working with justice. For the first time in a while, he felt like their true God had made sure everyone got what they deserved.

1 Week Earlier

Aizawa was about to leave the office for the night. He was talking with Soichiro about some things and in the back of his mind he had Ryuji’s instructions to him. Tomorrow was the day that Ryuji would abduct his boss and put his plans into action. He waited until Soichiro was distracted and noticed he had left his gun on the table. Aizawa picked them up, took out the bullets and replaced them with some blanks-hoping whatever Ryuji was going to do was well thought out.

1 Day Earlier

It was dark outside, but Ryuji wasn’t sleeping. Everyone in the hostel was asleep as it was very quiet, but he couldn’t afford to sleep. Soon enough, what he was waiting for showed up. In the dark he could make out a man in the shadows with long black hair. This was the guy Kira had relinquished his power to, to come and get him and Ryuji wondered how he would try and get his name and identity. As soon as this stranger took out his phone, Ryuji knew what he was doing and couldn’t have been happier. He reached into his bag and took out the police uniform he had in there and began getting changed-he made sure he also packed his mask as well. All he had to do was wait, wait until the police couldn’t see him when they entered the building and he would exit with them. He could blend in perfectly with the people around him and he wasn’t suspected when he talked to the mysterious man. “Excuse me sir did you see what was going on here?”
“No,” Mikami said. “I was walking passed when the police got here, what was going on?”
“Someone lied to us by the phone,” said the officer and walked away. He looked out of the corner of his eye to a car parked over in the dark. Ryuji knew it was Amane Misa and he hoped Aizawa had been able to follow her like they had planned. The dark headed man was going to be killed and he would be a direct witness to it.

1 Day Earlier

It was a fairly sunny day and Ryuji had gone to a local college for the day. He needed to find someone in particular whom he hadn’t seen in a very long time. Soon enough, there she was. He wouldn’t have recognised her if he wasn’t so sure it was her, she had grown into a very beautiful woman; Yagami Sayu was indeed a lady now. Ryuji hoped this would work. He was hoping that if Kira was on L’s team, he would be waiting for Ryuji to try and make contact so staying as far away as possible is necessary. Yagami Sayu would hopefully know everybody in her dads Kira investigation unit and would forget their conversation before she got home. He was going to go to Soichiro’s son whom he also hadn’t seen in a long time, but he thought it may be a bit harder to get in contact with him and because he remembered hearing Light wanted to be a detective-he may realise something fishy was going on. He approached her and fixed himself up in the suit he stole to look the part, “Excuse me, do you know where the lecturers lounge is?”
“No actually I don’t I am rather new here myself.”
“Oh dear, it is my first day here and I am already alone.”
“Do you have any classes to teach shortly?”
“No, it was a day to get my office and setup.”
“Well how about you come with me for the day and I show you around and find what you need together?” Ryuji smiled, “That would be good, we can have a talk as well.” Sayuu smiled and Ryuji had been able to find a way in.

1 Day Earlier

Ryuji saw them all arrive at the Holiday Units and he got out his cell phone and called the news station, “This is Kira. I have L at the Holiday Units. I want the world to see him before I kill him-he will be on the roof.” Ryuji hung up the phone. His profile of Kira was someone that had extraordinary problem solving skills so he was at a win either way. If Kira didn’t see through his trap, which he doubted-he would prove Kira was one of the people in L’s unit-possibly L himself. If he didn’t and was able to solve it, he would only be showing himself a more likely suspect in Ryuji’s profile. He heard them coming up the stairs and soon enough he could see Soichiro on the other side of the hallway which he had blocked. Ryuji noticed the young man that was with Soichiro. He couldn’t recognise him, but he was surely young to be on this unit. Ryuji was trained to know how the mind worked so when he asked Soichiro who he was with and he didn’t answer straight away, he knew it was someone indeed close with Soichiro. This young man stood very calm and very composed, which was different for someone so young. He seemed to be analysing everything around him and Ryuji wondered if this was L…if it was Kira. After some talking, Ryuji heard the helicopter coming and he finished their interaction. He ran up the stairs and heard Soichiro taking the bait. Then it was just a matter of hiding and waiting for them both to run passed him. From his hiding spot, he saw the young one screaming-from the looks of it, he had seen through his trap…it was Kira.
He needed to getaway though now and bolted downstairs now that the two policemen had gone passed. When he got down to the car park and into the stolen car he had stashed there prior to the plan, he saw a policemen had cornered his exit. Kira had sent someone down to block his escape and there was nothing he could do but drive. The policemen opened fire on him, a bullet coming through the windscreen and hitting him in the shoulder. He remembered seeing Aizawa stop the other one from shooting anymore before being able to escape.

1 Day Earlier

Ryuji had to spend some cash that day. Paying the photographer to pretend like he was taking urban shots when he was really taking photos of anyone that caught his interest didn’t come cheaply. He was waiting at the Yellow Sun Apartment building and soon enough they arrived. It was Soichiro and someone else. He looked very young from where he was. He had never seen this guy on the force before and was probably fairly new by the look of him. That was all that showed up and he knew his plan was going well now that he could only see two. He would need to string on them now as if they were at the advantage. When Soichiro answered the phone Ryuji spoke, “I have changed the location to the café on the other side of town-you had best get there quickly,” he hung up. Now he only had to wait around 10-15 minutes before he called them again and changed the location back. He had already planted the phone number on the door of the building so there was no need to go back in. Now he had to really keep watch and see if there was anyone suspicious that showed up.
After a while, he became distracted. He was supposed to be looking out for policemen, but he became very distracted at a very pretty girl that was around the area. When he saw people looking at her on the street, he figured out she was a model, it was Amane Misa. The guy she was with, was a big man-almost looked like a police officer himself but he couldn’t stare at her anymore, she wasn’t what he needed to be watching.

3 Days Earlier

When Aizawa had arrived home that night, he walked in and lay down on the couch. He just happened to put his hand in his pocket when he noticed something in there. He took it out and noticed it was a piece of paper. What he saw on the paper shocked him. ‘Aizawa, this is Ryuji-I am someone that you put away in jail, you should remember who I am, the friend of Yagami’s. It is I who escaped and it is I who am trying to bring Kira to justice. I will keep in contact with you and of course you may lead me to my recapture and ultimate death from Kira, but if there have been any before me that have had suspicions of Kira being in L’s unit, then please help me. Please call the backpacker’s hostel which number I have left on the page and leave your number with me under the alias Rick. I may technically be a killer, but you know the conditions surrounding that and I am no danger to anybody else. Please do not tell anyone else we are talking.’
Aizawa knew who I was, but he couldn’t believe he was going to go along with this. L had also thought that Light was Kira, so it cannot be coincidence Ryuji also does. He went over to the phone and did as he was told to in the note.

1 Week Earlier

Ryuji was nervous as he entered the dinghy looking building. As he opened the door a man came through to see who it was, “Hello-you are Ryuji?” asked the man.
“Yes-you who I am looking for?” The man nodded and lead him through the building to a sorry excuse for a surgery bed. “You have come to a place to get face surgery, which I can do no problems, I understand you are making agreements at some stage for payments…?”
“I will pay you, I will pay everything back when I get the job done.” The man said nothing, and got some sedatives. He couldn’t complain seeing as though he was an illegal surgeon doing an entire face change on him. Ryuji waited till he went to sleep from the drugs.

1 Week Earlier

The day had come. The day that Ryuji would escape. He and Kitsurou had already worked out how to start the riot. It was a matter of splitting up gang factions against each other within the prison, almost everybody belonged to one-so getting two people into a fight soon escalated. The riot had been so violent the guards had rallied up and evacuated, calling in backup. Ryuji was walking about the halls, looking for someone until finally he thought of something. He ran into the laundry room and sure enough, there was the guard that had always given him grief, hiding there like a baby. “I did used to be in law enforcement you know, I know that the best place to hide in this situation would be the laundry where there are minimal things that can be used as weapons and minimal places for an escape-you idiot.” The guard had his gun on him and aimed it at Ryuji. “You come any closer I will blow your head off.”
“You let that gun go and every criminal in here comes and guts you before anyone can come to help you. You will probably take out maybe 3 or 4 before they smother you like hyenas.”
“Don’t tell them I am in here I didn’t mean to be a dick to all the prisoners.”
“Not my place to judge what you did, I wont tell anyone you are in here I will even let you keep your gun, but I want your uniform.” The guard listened and took it off. Ryuji stashed it in a bag he had and just needed a foolproof hiding spot to wait out the riot. His escape would be as simple as walking through the gates while he was dressed in a police uniform. The others wouldn’t open fire on him in the uniform; they would do their best to rescue him…as if he was a brother in arms. The guard would be dead before the end of the day and for someone so corrupt-he deserved it.

1 Week Earlier

He had been called into the warden’s office. There had been some important news for him. When he walked in he noted how serious everyone looked. “What is the problem warden?”
“It is your wife; it seemed she died in her cell last night.”
“WHAT HAPPENED?” Ryuji said starting to get emotional.
“Cardiac arrest.”
“Kira?”
“Yes we believe so. We are very sorry for this and we are going to give you some time alone to grieve.” The time didn’t call for grieving; everyone had been taken away from him. His wife had done nothing wrong, only serving justice. In that moment, Ryuji knew it was he who would kill Kira.

1 Year Earlier

The man lay dead on the floor, blood pouring from his head. It had been quick and simple; his wife had gone back to the man’s apartment while Ryuji followed and snuck in with a gun. Then it was only a matter of being able to shoot him through the brain and it was over. Justice had been done for what happened to his daughter. As they left the house, he happened to look over to a table and see something. A leather mask on the surface, he went over there and looked at it immediately getting teary eyed. It was not only a scary sight, but scratch marks were in the face of it. Deep scratch marks and he knew what they were from. He put it in his pocket, knowing he needed to keep this as proof what he had done was in her memory.

6 Months Earlier

He had been called down to the morgue to identify his dead daughter that showed signs she was raped. He told his wife not to come down as she couldn’t have handled it. How could someone have done this to someone so delicate? There was a hand on his shoulder; it was Soichiro, “I am truly sorry friend.” He looked behind him to see another guy there who he hadn’t met yet. “This is Shuichi Aizawa.” He nodded his head apologetically and let him go back to mourning. He would find who did this to his daughter, make no mistake. The only physical clue they had was some leather she had underneath her fingernails, but it would be enough.
Sign up to rate and review this story