Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Death Note: A New Era

Finale

by Shank 0 reviews

It all comes down to this

Category: Death Note - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Misa,Yagami Raito,Yagami Soichiro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-03-04 - Updated: 2009-03-05 - 1501 words - Complete

0Unrated
Light’s heart almost stopped that moment in his chest. He looked around; Aizawa wasn’t anywhere to be seen. He hoped what he was thinking wasn’t really happening. A phone rang in Soichiro’s pocket and he answered it and put it on loud speaker, “Aizawa?”
“Sir, I am in Misa’s room. She has another death note-with a hidden camera somewhere on Light streaming it live to her laptop. Ryuji’s proper name has been written down along with the details of his death-‘will try to escape the authorities after shooting at police and missing them but being bought down in gun fire’. Soichiro hung the phone up, sick to his stomach. He looked at his son with eyes of agony and hurt. Light was starting to sweat a little.

Ryuji however wanted to jump on the situation, “What happens to the composed Kira when his plans have finally come crashing down around him? Today was never about you Light that is why your ego is too big for you-it was about Misa-I knew I would eventually have to show myself to bring you down.” Why wasn’t he dying? Why wasn’t he doing what was written in the death note? Why couldn’t Light kill him? Light didn’t know what was going on, but his head was starting to spin. Things were getting really bad, but he hadn’t planned any of this. He hadn’t been ready for a guy to be able to avoid being killed by the notebook. “The first time we were supposed to meet. I was always going to change the location-you were never going to focus on the original location. When I changed it to the café, you thought you had me. What you were no suspecting was that the Yellow Sun Apartments was more important that you thought and make your men forget about the photographer they saw at the café. Light looked at Matsuda who suddenly remembered the photographer that day. “It didn’t take much; just pay him a bit of money to take pictures of people around the place that day of anyone that caught his interest. So your men were in the pictures, but they caught someone else-a Ms. Amane Misa whom he obviously couldn’t help but take a picture of. The fact she was with an officer and then turned back up at the Yellow Sun Apartment building was not a coincidence and I knew then she had an important part to play in this.” Light couldn’t believe he had been done by this simple move and worst of all, he remembered arguing that day that Misa shouldn’t be there…and it was Aizawa was the one that made sure Mogi and Misa were there.

Ryuji continued talking with everyone listening intently around him, “The very next day we met for the first time. I had predicted that only a very intelligent person would have been able to solve that problem under pressure and been too paranoid to walk out onto the roof in view of the cameras. You knew if you were seen on the cameras you would be proven as Kira if you were spared, but you proved to me you were Kira when you stopped your dad walking out onto the roof. I sustained a gun shot from one of your men that day, lucky enough I had already told Aizawa what was going on and hen saved me.” Matsuda remembered that day that it was Aizawa who stopped him from unloading any more bullets into the car saying there were too many civilians around. “I made contact with Aizawa the very day you sent him out to the shop to investigate the phone call you traced when it was purchased. Just a matter of slipping it into his jacket and he found it that night. I have been talking to Soichiro in front of you, but talking to him on the side. Light was so angry that Aizawa had gone behind his back. Ryuji was good with his words and must have been able to get Aizawa to trust him.

“I knew you would be trying to find me Kira. I also knew if I asked too many questions to Aizawa he would stop trusting me, so I had to use a different method. But it involved staying as far away from you as possible rather than getting as close as I could. I had been friends with Soichiro for some time, even though we hardly spoke in the last few years, but I remembered he had a daughter Sayuu-which would have been too young to remember me, so we had a good chat about her older brother Light working with her dad.” Nobody could believe what was going on, this Ryuji had done so much that they couldn’t, even L would have been impressed with this effort.

“The last bit of proof was when I told your dad I believed you to be Kira. I knew he would want to prove me wrong and purposely let you trace his call, which I had made from a phone you could trace. You had done the traces a couple of times and noticed the location of where it came from and when you traced it in front of everyone else and saw it was different, you had to keep appearances and go to the fake one-but needed to finish me off. You somehow relinquished whatever power it is of yours to Mikami Teru who tried to bring me down but failed and because your dad was with you, you never considered having to prove your innocence to Aizawa. You sent Misa to kill Mikami and I had sent Aizawa to tail her, he saw her that night and confirmed my suspicions.” Light was on the verge of screaming, everyone looking at the floor unable to cope with what hey were hearing. Ryuji looked back at Light, “So what happens to the composed Kira when his plans have come crashing down around him?” There was silence, “He panics.”

In that moment, Light grabbed a gun that was in his jacket and aimed it at Ryuji. In that instant, Matsuda, Mogi and all the police surrounding the area had their guns pointed at Light. “How come you are invincible?” Light asked. “How come you are not dying?”
“I am not invincible Kira. But you need a name and a face to kill me. Once I took my mask off, Misa could get my name-but this isn’t my face.” Everyone was shocked. Nobody was expecting this. “That’s right Kira. I had a completely surgery to change my face, which is why nobody could recognise me. I knew you needed a face to kill me and hoped that without my original face-maybe I was immune.” Ryuji began walking towards Light who hadn’t taken his gun away. “You won’t shoot me Light, otherwise you hand your life away to be bought down in a rain of lead. I have beaten you Kira, and now you must die.”
Soichiro all of a sudden took out his gun and aimed it at Ryuji, “I don’t care if are an old friend, you are not killing my son.”
“This must be done.”
“Everyone hold fire.” Soichiro called out. “I control these men and they now will not fire unless my life is in danger. He will be arrested and put on trial fairly.”
“I cannot accept that,” said Ryuji. “My wife had no fair trial by him-he shouldn’t receive one.” Soichiro pointed his gun at Ryuji and when Ryuji didn’t stop coming towards Light-Soichiro pulled the trigger.

A huge bang sounded and when everyone looked, Ryuji was still coming closer-not phased by the bullets. Light looked in horror at the man coming to him, “MONSTER!” he called out. It was not what hey all thought. Ryuji studied the mind; he knew this was common behaviour for a father to his son to protect him. he had already had Aizawa remove the bullets in his gun and put blanks in therefore he couldn’t be killed with this gun. In all the panic though, Light had tried to shoot Ryuji, one of them hitting him in the arm. Soichiro in the confusion turned and tried to take the gun of Light, also getting shot accidently. Soichiro’s life was in danger and it was more than enough for the Japanese police to bring Kira down in a hail of bullets.

Light dropped to the ground, feeling cold. He had been bested by this guy who he thought was nothing. He felt something in his palm. It was the mask Ryuji had worn. He gripped it tight and looked above him. Ryuk his death god was looking down on him, “Goodbye Light, thankyou for the fun-it was good while it lasted.” Light took his last breath and died.
Sign up to rate and review this story