Categories > Original > Romance > If you're not really here, I don't want to be either.

If you're not really here, I don't want to be either.

by -_-1 0 reviews

Two teenage girls switch bodies. More interesting than it sounds.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-03-15 - Updated: 2009-03-15 - 599 words

0Unrated
I woke up with the taste of blood in my mouth. I looked around at my surroundings, a dark alley. Great. I walked into the open, but nothing was familiar.
Where am I?
I looked at my clothing, it wasn't mine. I had a headache that could kill. Suddenly, I feel my pocket vibrating. I pull out a phone, which isn't mine either, and answer a call that is not my own.
"Tammy? Tammy is that you?"
My name isn't Tammy. I'm Jesse.
"No?"
"Oh, good, I would recognize that voice anywhere. You, young lady need to get your butt home right now. The cops are looking for you."
"Uh, what?"
"Tammy Fitzgerald, either the cops will kill you or I will, now you come home."
She hung up on me. What was happening? I walked to a pay phone and looked up Fitzgerald. Two entries. One for George and one for Jan and Peter. I figured it was the Jan and Peter one. I walked to the adress, 6342 fifth avenue. I rang the doorbell and a few seconds later, a teary eyed kid answered, but when he looked up, he had recognition in his face, and hugged me.
"Mom! Dad! Tammy is home!"
Rushing out from the other room, two adults came over.
"Tammy, oh Tammy, what happened to you?" The lady asked.
"What are you talking about?" I asked.,
"You're all bloody! We have to get you to a hospital."
She got a phone and dialed. I didn't object. It's not like I knew what was happening anyway. In about ten minutes, the ambulance got there. I passed out on the drive. When I woke up again, doctors were prodding me.
"Oh, you've woken up," said one.
He ran out to get my 'parents.'
"Mam, its not her blood."
The look of shock in her eyes was horrible. Did I do something?
"But she did get a concussion and we would like to look after her for the day. After that, the police would like to have a chat."
The rest of the say I just sat in the hospital bed thinking. I got nowhere. I had no explanation for what was going on. When the police came in for questioning, I was genuinely happy. They took me to the station and put me in one of those rooms with the one way mirrors.
"Tammy Fitzgerald. Who's blood was on you? And where are they?" The cop asked. He smelled like bad coffee.
"I don't know. I don't even know who Tammy is. My name is Jessica Carlson."
The cop got up with a look that said 'girl you are pissing me off.' He opened the door and whispered something to the cop at the door. She nodded and walked off. The smelly cop came back over and sat down, sighing.
"Okay, really. Don't play games with me, missy."
"Really, I'm not lying. I would really like to know also."
"This is not funny."
"Oh, believe me, I know."
He stared me down for a long while, but then the woman he talked to at the door walked in and broke the silence.
"Jessica Carlson's parents are bringing her right now. Apparently she believes that she is Tammy."
Yeah. I knew I wasn't lying. After about twenty more minutes of random questions, I came into the room. Both of us were absolutely shocked.
But then she looked pissed. And I don't know why. She walked up to me and pointed her finger into my chest.
"You. I HATE you."
Okay. Now I was REALLY confused.
Sign up to rate and review this story