Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > One Of THOSE Nights

And I'm So Sorry, But Not Really

by shelovestragedies 2 reviews

it prolly wasn't a good idea for ryan to go over to Brendon's house...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-03-15 - Updated: 2009-03-15 - 1231 words

0Unrated
''B-b-brendon?'' I managed to stutter after a while.
''Took you long enough. i was worried you were suffering cardiac arrest.''
I laughed, tears rolling down my cheeks. ''It is you.''
''But of course.''
''So you're alive? I knew you weren't dead, I just knew it!''
''Ryan,'' he said, tone sad. ''I'm not alive.''
''...you're dead?'' I whispered.
''Well yeah. I got hit by a truck.''
A strangled sob escaped my throat. ''It should have been me. I should be dead, not you.''
''Don't say that Ryan. Please.''
''But it's true.''
''No it's not.''
I sighed. ''Wh-where are you? I want to see you.''
''I don't know if that would be a great idea.''
''Of course it's a good idea. you're my boyfriend and I love you. I just found out you're back from the dead and you're telling me it would be a bad idea to see you?''
''Yes. It's bad enough that I called you."
"What do you mean? Why is it bad?" My voice was confused.
"I don't know how to explain it. I'm dead. Yet, I'm...not. It's like, I have a body, but...I don't, at the same time. I'm not really a ghost, but I'm definitely not solid either. And, I'm not me anymore. It's like I have a split personality or something. That's why I can't see you. I don't want to hurt you."
"You would never hurt me. I'm sure of it."
"I don't know. I'm completely-"

He cut off, and there was a quiet coughing noise on the other line, almost like he was choking.

"Bren? Bren are you okay?"

The choking noise continued for a moment before his voice came back on the line. But he sounded...odd. His voice had a sneaky tone to it, and I could hear his smirk with every word.

"Why yes, I am completely fine. Why would I not be?"
"I..um, you just made a weird noise."
"No, I am perfectly okay. Hey, why don't you come over, and we can hang out?"
"But didn't you just say-"
He cut me off. "Never mind what I just said. Now come over. I am at my house."
"I, er, okay. Be there in a minute."
"I'll be waiting," he said in a smooth tone, and then the line went dead.

"Well that was...weird." I said to myself.

After a little while of cleaning myself up and making my hair presentable, I jumped in my car and drove over to Brendon's house. I pulled up in his driveway and walked up to the door, which, oddly, was hanging open. I went inside. "Bren?" I called.

I noticed that the decor of his house had...changed. A lot. Plus his parents were nowhere to be seen.

His normally clean house with white walls and brown furniture, looked like it was the house of the Addams family. The walls were painted black, and all the furniture was black as well. The carpet was still white, but it was dirty, and had huge red stains on it that I didn't even want to know what it was. The lamps had been taken out, and the lightbulbs removed from the ceiling lights. The whole house was lit by candles.

"Hello Ryan." Brendon's eerie voice came from behind me, as the door slammed shut. I thought I heard a click of the lock, but I might have been imagining things. I turned, and then Brendon was standing there, a smirk on his face. He looked different, but it was still him. He had all the wounds from when he was hit by the car

"Bren!" I ran and jumped at him, expecting to tackle him down in a hug. Instead I fell right through him, collapsing on the floor. He laughed, reaching down and grabbing my wrist. He pulled me up to stand.

"Silly Ryan. It's weird. You can't touch me, but I can touch you. See, try and poke me."

I did, and my finger went right through his chest. But when he poked me in the chest, it felt as solid as though he were alive.

"That's strange," I commented.

"No kidding," he replied sort of harshly.

Suddenly he pulled me into a hug, attacking my lips with his. I cautiously kissed him back. It felt weird, since he wasn't all there, but it was still familiar. He pulled away after a moment, taking my wrist. He pulled me into the kitchen, which also happened to be lit by candles.

"Bren what are you doing?"

He didn't answer. He sat me in a chair at the table, then went and closed the doors to the kitchen, locking them. Since when did the kitchen have doors? Let alone locking ones?

"Uhm...Bren..." I was a little nervous now.
"Oh shut up and stop calling me Brendon. I'm not Brendon."

He picked up a pair of handcuffs and clicked them around my wrist, effectively anchoring me to the chair. He then pulled a sharp silver dagger from his pocket.
I was very nervous now.

"B-bren...."

He growled. "I told you, I'm not Brendon!" And he plunged the dagger into my stomach.

I screamed, pain splintering through me. I felt blood running down my stomach and soaking into my clothes. 'Brendon' twisted the blade and I screamed again with the unbearable pain. Suddenly the blade wasn't in my stomach anymore, instead it was slashing across my chest, my neck, everywhere. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move, I could only let out a bloodcurdling scream with the pain. And then the pain was on my face and in my head and blood was everywhere and I couldn't even scream anymore and the pain was worse and my vision flashed red and then white and then it faded altogether and my lungs collapsed and my spine cracked...and I died.

*a few days later*

My eyes snapped open, all traces of pain gone. I was still slumped in the chair, the handcuffs still around my wrists. I felt weird, and disoriented. I was confused, hadn't I just died? I looked down and saw I still had all my wounds, though they had stopped bleeding long ago. My clothes were covered in dried blood. I heard a quiet sniffle and sat up, looking around until I saw someone in the corner. Brendon was sitting on the floor with his knees pulled up to his chest. He had his forehead resting on his knees, and he was crying softly.

"Bren?" I spoke softly.

His head snapped up and his eyes widened. "R-ryan?"

"Yeah. It's me." I gave him a soft smile, one I knew he loved.

He stood up and walked over to me. He pulled the handcuffs off. "I thought you weren't coming back Ryan. I thought you were gone for good." He spoke quietly.

"Well, I'm back. As are you." I smiled and pulled him into a hug. I could touch him now, my hand didn't just float through him. I hugged him tightly, pressing my face into the crook of his neck. He hugged me back just as tightly.

"I love you." I whispered.
"I love you too Ryan. I'm so sorry for doing this to you." He whispered back.
"Doing what?"

He sighed.
"You'll see."
Sign up to rate and review this story