Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > We All Mean Something

If Home Is Where The Heart Is

by CoffinChelsea 1 review

More talking, a few flashbacks, and some foreshadowing. =]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-04-01 - Updated: 2009-04-02 - 1112 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

If Home Is Where The Heart Is…




“Not everything has to be about you, Wentz. You need to realize that.” I spat as we walked to nowhere.

“Oh, really? I always thought that the world reveloved around me. Shocking. So who made you leave?” He seemed to know exactley where we were going.

“It a lot of things. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Brendon thought it would be good if I got away. It did a lot of good. I felt alive again. I didn’t want to return to my stuffy, messed up life.” I blurted away and let out a few tears.

“Didn’t you miss anyone? Your brother? Your crush? Your boyfriend?”

“Yes, of course. I missed Bren. Ryan never noticed me anyway, and you? Well, I thought you’d always chase after me.” I sighed as we walked by a club.

“Hey look, TAI is playing.” Pete sighed and held the door open for me. I followed reluctantly to the sounds of We’ve Got A Big Mess On Our Hands. I chuckled lightly at the irony. The club was packed and there was no way we were ever going to reach the stage. Pete took my hand to lead me to a table. We sat down and ordered drinks. Suddenly the song changed to Everything We Had. I started tearing up knowing these words way to well and being able to apply them to my life was just too sad to handle. Pete picked up on this and glanced up at the roof.

“Do you remember the first day we met?” Pete sighed and I nodded.

MAY 3RD 2005

“We just released our third album!” A man screamed from across the room. I glared heavily at his loudness.

“Congrats, who are you again?” I shouted before hiding my face behind my tray of glasses of coke. I dropped of four cokes to my brother and his friends before running over to help the loud table.

“Hello, we are Fall Out Boy who just released our third album today.” The little redheaded one who looked like a leperachan grinned.

“Awesome! What do you want to eat?” I smiled, flipping my black,emo bangs back, revealing my thick eyeliner.

“I’m thinking like a hawaiin pizza for us to split?” the one with the curly hair suggested.

“That sounds awesome. Pete?” The one with the glasses shrugged. Then he looked up at me.

“I dunno. Maybe,” He back down. He had dark brown hair with a fringe covering one hazel eye. His full lips pursed as he looked at the menu. His black nails scanned delicatley and my knees went weak. “Yeah, hawaiin pizza, please and thank you.” He half smiled. I took all their menus and offered to fill up their sodas. They said yes and I trickly tried to pick up the four glasses as well. Just as one of them was about to fall, my big brother Brendon stepped in to help me.

“Thank you.” I said quietly and he helped into the kitchen. I put the menus down and grabbed the glasses.

“So their Fall Out Boy…hmm.” Brendon raised an eyebrow.

“Hmm? What is ‘hmm’?” I laughed while filling up the glasses with Pepsi.

“I heard of them before. That Pete Wentz is dangerous. Or so I hear.” He was so obviously hinting at something.

“So? I’m seventeen, I can take care of myself.” I grinned placing the four glasses on a tray and walking outside.

“Yeah, and I’m eighteen and I’m the only family you have out here in Chicago.” Brendon stopped me.

“True, Mr. Urie, true. Please let me serve them now?” I grinned.

“Right away, Ms. Urie.” He laughed and let me go.

!!!!!!!!

The boys stayed until closing time but it was okay because they were really nice. Brendon and his friends also stayed.

“Alright boys, last call for soda’s or anything else?” I asked.

“No, I think we’re all good. Thank you though.” Patrick, the leprachaun sighed. I smiled and printed off their check. I placed it down on the table and cleared off their table. By the time I walked back out of the kitchen, they were gone. I pouted slightly but grabbed the check book and went to sit with Brendon.

“Hey Chels, hardly saw you all day!” Spencer, one of Brendon’s buddies smiled.

“Mhmm, it was a busy day. Did you get a break?” Brent, another friend asked. I sighed and shook my head no.

“That’s a bummer.” Ryan, my crush as well as Brendon’s friend, shrugged.

“Yeah, but I got to meet a famous band.” I laughed not actually knowing anything about Fall Out Boy. Brendon shook his head at me. I opened the check and processed the money. They had left me a thirty dollar tip.

“Dude, how much?” Brent freaked out and recounted the money.

“Thirty! Wow, and a number!” Spencer stole the reciept.

“A number?” I asked.

“Yeah, a phone number! ‘Call me sometime, Pete Wentz’. Oooooh!” Spencer joked. I blushed heavily but decided to save the number anyway. Brendon gave me a look and I nodded.


DECEMBER 18TH 2009

“Yeah, how could I forget that day? A thirty dollar tip and a phone number sure made me happy.” I laughed. I heard him laugh with me which made me even sadder.

“Yeah. Our first date was so awkward.” He smiled.

“Totally, Brendon and Patrick sat two seats away from us on either side to keep us safe.” I grinned.

“Haha, yeah. Our kiss goodnight was worse with the two of them standing there watching us.” He giggled. Despite myself I burst out in laughter remembering our lips touching breifly before Patrick and Brendon shouted their safe words.

“Yeah, that was. Our next few dates went well. But the one I really remember was when we spent the night at my house for the first time. Remember?” I smiled. He nodded solemnly.


NOVEMBER 15TH 2005

“Yes Brendon, we won’t do anything irresponsible.” I smiled and we said our goodbyes on the phone. I looked around to make sure everything was in check. Popcorn, movies, blankets, pillows, and gummi bears. Perfect sleepover. Just then, the doorbell rang and I rushed to grab the door. I smiled, fixed my hair, and opened the door. He stood there grinning widely holding a sleeping bag and a stack of movies.

“Ready?” He asked.

“Ready!” I gigged and let him in.



A/N: Continue? Please review? Is this any good cuz I’m just writing it with the playlist I’m listening to. Any ideas?
Sign up to rate and review this story