Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Study Session

by killxsmile 3 reviews

Time to hit the sheets--I mean books.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-04-02 - Updated: 2009-04-02 - 1101 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Author's Note: Spring break is one day away, meaning that you'll probably be hearing a lot from me.

;)

THANK YOUS:
daisybet: Believe me. Jack's reaction will be one for the books.

somethingorother: Aww, shucks. You're making me blush.

Tissamy: Jeez Louise. You're my favorite reviewer, hands down. Thanks for all the support!

Story time!!!

“When a rat’s ventromendial hypothalamus is stimulated, what are the effects on appetite?” Alex asked with my psychology textbook on his lap.
“Crud, I know this one… Lesions cause overeating, so stimulation causes undereating… The rat’s appetite will decrease to the point of almost starvation,” I replied, somewhat confident in myself.
“Yep. You got that one word for word.”

I let out a sigh of relief. It was nice knowing that at least some of the things I’d gone over were sticking.

“Okay ask me another question.”
“What are Freud’s psychosexual phases of development?”
“Fuck…” Biting my lip, I searched my memory banks for the answer. “Oral, anal, phallic, latent… and genital?” I replied, unsure if they were in the correct order.
“According to the book that’s right, but shouldn’t there be something about a vagina?”

Under regular circumstances, this comment would have sent me into hysterical laughter, but the serious part of my brain was holding my sense of humor hostage. Alex noticed this apprehension and placed his hand over mine.

“You’ll do fine on your test, babe. I don’t get why you’re freaking out so much.”
“It counts for a huge chunk of my grade. I can’t help but freak out.”
“Chloe, we’ve gone through questions from 20 chapters so far, and you only got 4 questions them wrong. Have a little faith in yourself.”

Another sigh escaped from my lips as I looked down. As genuine as they were, his words weren’t calming my nerves very much.

“Hey,” he said, putting his hand under my chin so as to make me look up at him. “I want you to repeat after me: I’m Chloe Barakat and I’m gonna kick ass on my psych midterm.”
“I’m Chloe Barakat and I’m gonna kick ass on my psych midterm,” I said, unenthusiastically.
“C’mon, at least pretend like you have some confidence.”
“I can’t…” I sprawled out over my bed and looked to the ceiling.

You’d think I’d be a little more self-assured after studying for more than 2 hours, but I wasn’t.

Alex set the book aside and laid beside me.
“Yes you can.”
“Nope.”
“Wanna bet?”

Before I had the chance to respond, his fingers were at my sides, tickling me. Within seconds I was laughing so hard that my breath was coming in short gasps.

“Stop!” I manage to choke out between laughs.
“Not until you say it,” he replied, straddling my hips.
“I’m Chloe Barakat and I’m gonna kick Alex Gaskarth’s ass if he doesn’t quit it!” I said, laughing as I did so.
“Ehh, close enough.” A huge grin spread across his face before he climbed off me. While I caught my breath, he took my hand in his.

“Thanks, Alex. I really needed that.”
“No problem,” he replied, smiling his infectious smile. “So do you still wanna go over the last chapter?”
“Nah, I think I’m gonna switch to another subject.”

He let out an exasperated sigh.

“You have another midterm to study for?”
“No, but I wouldn’t mind brushing up on anatomy.”
“Anatomy? I didn’t know you were taking--” I raised my eyebrows suggestively, and he caught my drift. “Oh, anatomy. I gotcha.”

He leaned over and pressed his lips against mine. To say he was a great kisser would be the understatement of the century. The things the boy could do with his mouth…

“God, Alex…” I quietly moaned as he moved down to my neck. He let out a muffled laugh as he continued working on my collarbone. With the way he always found his way to my neck, I wondered if he was part vampire…

All of a sudden, the phone started ringing. At first we were able to ignore it, but after the 20th ring, Alex and I were too annoyed to continue our extracurricular activities.

Frustrated, I picked the phone off the receiver.

“Hello?” I asked, not bothering to hide my irritation.
“Jesus, what crawled up your ass today?” Jack asked.
“Sorry, I’m studying for midterms and they’ve got me--”

“Incredibly horny,” Alex continued. Though it wasn’t loud enough for Jack to hear, I still shot Alex a glare (which he, in turn, laughed at).

“--They’ve got me kind of pissed off.”
“Oh, well I just wanted to tell you there’s a party at Lindsey’s tonight,” Jack said.
“What time?”
“Starts at 9.”
“Okay, I’ll be there.”
“Hey, I know this is random, but have you seen Alex around today?”
“No, why?” I said, glancing at the boy in question.
“He wasn’t at his apartment when I dropped off some DVDs I borrowed, and he hasn’t been picking up his phone.”
“Oh.”
“Well if you see him, tell him about the party.”
“Alright. See you later.”
“Bye.”

I put the phone back on the receiver, then laid next to Alex once again.

“Who was it?” he asked, wrapping an arm around my waist.
“Jack.”
“What did he want?” he asked, somewhat apprehensive.
“Said there’s a party at Lindsey’s at 9. You’re invited, too.”
“Cool… But speaking of your brother, what are we gonna tell him exactly?”
“I honestly have no fucking clue. You know how protective can get…”
“Yeah, he’d probably hack my balls off.”
“Nah, you’re his best friend. He’ll let you off with a black eye and a punch to the stomach.”

Alex rolled his eyes as uncertainty spread over his face. It seemed that our roles had been reversed; now he was the one unsure of himself.

“Aww, don’t worry,” I said, brushing the bangs out of his face. “I’ll protect you from Jack. He’s a pussy when it comes to fighting.”
“Promise?” he asked, pulling me closer to his chest.
“Cross my heart and hope to die.” I pressed my forehead against his and smiled as he softly pressed his lips against mine.

So this is what it’s like to be in a healthy relationship…

+++++
Reviews + Ratings = UPDATES.
You know what to do.

moocow + rawrlittledino = LOVE.
So check out all of their fics and review like you've never reviewed before.
Sign up to rate and review this story