Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > The Rise and Fall of New America

Introduction.

by xl0nelywriterx 0 reviews

... self-explanitory.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: G - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2009-04-03 - Updated: 2009-04-04 - 462 words

0Unrated
Let me start out by saying, I hate introductions.
Er...I mean,

Hey Reader!

So, I'm going to pull a Lemony Snicket and say, if you don't have any appreciation for cynical views of the future, please stop reading. Now. As a matter of fact, I would 'X' out of this window. If you think this story is going to be 'fun', in the words of Amanda Palmer, 'you are two intellegent points above a cumquat'.

However, this story has been in the works for years, and the last part: "Dictorial Warefare", has been in the works for years. (Originally to be called "Communistic Warefare", which in a sense, the type of government is sort of a communist state--it is very trying to make everyone equal, but I would consider it a dictatorship for the fact that the state of government being run is trying to make everyone equal to the point where they are all impared and will succum to the government at any given cost. And, I didn't want to have a negative connatation to the word 'Communist', because, I would qualify as a 'Democratic Socialist' of sorts, and would not want any party in which making people become equal have any sort of war-like attachment. For, a majority of the American public are ignorant on Socialism and Communists already, and would not want to worsen the state of my party). However, due to recent events in my current life, I devloped a play called, "The Reformed" (which is the second part of the installment for "The Rise and Fall of New America"). But then, I found "The Reformed" and "Communistic Warfare" had very similar themes, and found a way to bridge them together, by the first part of the installment, "The Dawn of New America".

I must warn you, this story contains a massive amount of psyendoms, and several of the characters represent living people in my life. In fact, one of them is myself. I'm sure you could, if you knew me as a person, could figure it out. But since most of you know me through my terribly emo pen name I made in eighth grade, xl0nelywriterx, you probably couldn't figure it out right away. For you who have intellegent points above a cumquat, you could probably get it in time.

I also would like to add this is not actually what I think the future will look like. I think, given a completely awful turn for the worst, maybe. But, most likely than not--no, I don't think the future will look like this.

Please enjoy the story, and I intend to finish my play, "Full Framed Glasses" shortly, as I intend to have it available for staged readings soon.

Regards,

Sean Pollock
(aka, xl0nelywriterx)
Sign up to rate and review this story