Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > The Rise and Fall of New America

Part I: The Dawn of New America: (Chapter One)

by xl0nelywriterx 0 reviews

You'll see.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-04-03 - Updated: 2009-04-04 - 823 words

0Unrated
I didn't know where I was.
I woke up in a field. Or was it a field?
It was a long stretch of land. Far from the city. But, I had now idea how I got there. I looked around, and in the distance was a house of some sort. Maybe a trailer?
When I got up, I recall being impaled with some object. And that's the most I can remember from when the story first began. What happened to me while I was unconscious, I can not be held responsible for. For the reasoning that I was not in a state of mind.
When I woke up the second time, I was in a room. A small room. The details became clearer. It was a kitchen. A large woman a few feet in front of me, her back was turned to me. But I remember her: she was in a white dress, and her hair in a hairnet, was cooking something.
"Excuse me?" I asked.
The woman jumped.
"Jesus, Kole. You surprised me!" She said.
"Who are you, how do you know my name?" I asked.
"Let's not be so hysterical, Kole. I am your caretaker."
"What am I doing here?"
"Kole--"
"Who are you?"
"Kole. You're in a...special facility. It was setup by New America."
I knew what had happened, I remembered remembering the thoughts. But, what had happened was, at the time when New America had just begun, New America was transferring the millions of people who did not conform to the dictatorship organization that was, New America (most of them, they thought, could be fixed) to these "institutions" to brainwash them and make them conform. Adults only went to the institutions. They would give us medications to make us "forget" what happened to use. The medications were laced in the food, and in the drinks. The schools, for the kids (high schoolers were considered adults) were worse. Schools taught history as New America saw history. Most of New America's lessons excluded things like the Holocaust, (all of World War Two and World War One), September Eleventh, and most key events, and tells history in the way that the constitution and the Bill of Rights were all early drafts to make New America happen, but the founding fathers 'just couldn't get the wording right'.
But, in short summary, New America's plan was to eliminate anyone with disabilities, homosexual (like me), too smart, or really, anyone that didn't surrender to their dictator agenda. I was, essentially, in a concentration camp.
"Now, Kole." The woman said, bringing over the concauction she was cooking--bacon. "You know as well as I do, New America doesn't exactly...work for you. But it works for an awful lot of people."
False. It did not. People just succumbed to New America due to fear. "Yes." I replied.
"Kole, it is to my understanding you are homosexual."
"Yes."
"You are aware how New America feels about homosexuals."
"Yes." I wanted to say, 'Yes, you patronizing son of a cunt' right after it, but somehow I Restrained.
"You don't want to change, do you?"
"Yes." I lied.
"Well, somehow, I think you're lying. Because if you said you did want to change, you would've found a way to change yourself and not cause any problems."
What? That didn't make any sense.
"New America has setup these facilities for people just like yourself who think you can go and make a system work for everyone. But the truth is, Kole, not everyone matters. Sure, a lot of people matter--but those people who matter are running this country now. And the people that matter have all the power they want now, and that's all that really matters."
"Olga?" A voice called.
"Yes!" The caretaker called.
A woman stepped in. A woman named Dora Komgisntrira. Dora used to be a good friend of mine. However, Dora changed when also another good friend of mine, Martin Daredansen, changed. Martin Dardansen, is the founder of the New America movement. Martin and I used to be lovers at one point. Not too long. But then Martin had a change of heart and decided that he in fact loved a woman, Kelly Shmetya. A nice, simple girl. This all happened during the earlier years of our relationship, when Kelly was about sixteen and Martin and I were about nineteen. Martin impregnated Kelly, which lead to a series of problems. Martin decided he wanted to make Kelly forget she was ever pregnant so young and in general, make everyone forget. And he gave the chance to make all his friends, including myself, forget and join New America. I refused to join, which is why I have ended up here.
I gave Dora the glare. I know she saw it, but ignored it. After a few moments, she looked at the clipboard in her hands, and then up at me.
"Oh Kole. Why didn't you just...reform?"
Sign up to rate and review this story