Categories > Original > Romance > Zeah and Tethebi

ZxT: The Prologue

by Zeah_Renee_Voinovich 0 reviews

A fifteen-year-old girl who lost her parents is hanging by her last thread. The Father and His Council send her aid, in a very unexpected, unusual way: an ex-murderer who literally wears the "scale...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-04-13 - Updated: 2009-04-13 - 472 words

0Unrated
In 1888, a man by the name of Jack Clifton made killing into a messy, gruesome art. He became an infamous European by taking his obsessions - writing, blood, and women - and mixing them into one. In a few months, he maimed and killed 23 young ladies; only 5 of which were ever discovered. He went on with what seemed to be a normal life for a man of the late nineteenth century. From time to time, Jack sent letters to the local authorities written in blood, calling himself "Jack the Ripper". Though he killed so many, not once was he caught or identified.

On his 25th birthday, the Ripper went out to make his 23rd kill. He never had the chance to celebrate. His target, a young witch named Mary, was the one to bring him down with her dying breath. But his story does not end there.

Newly dead, Jack awakens in between heaven and hell. There, the Council approaches him. They explain where he is, and their purpose: the Council assigns certain sinners to guard a person on Earth. They explain that because of his sins, he only has two options: burn in hell or spend eternity as a "guardian". Though neither offer seems to faze him, he decides to become a protector of assigned "charges". But for a man such as him, devoid of emotion, lacking fear, this hardly qualifies as punishment for taking the lives of nearly two dozen women. The Ripper has but one weakness - he is terribly vain. By the power of the Father, the Council took away his human, handsome features and replaced them with the scales of sin; quite literally, as it were. His form became cold-blooded, serpentine. To this day, he remains a monster. Over time, he has become tolerable enough, but even so, the Council is hesitant in their actions. Because of his obsessions with blood and women, they don't believe he should have a female charge.

Now present day, the Council is dismayed to admit that they have a shortage of free guardians. Jack, long since renamed Tethebi, is all they have. So there is no choice - he must be assigned to the newest charge, a fifteen-year-old girl named Zeah Renee Voinovich. Zeah has recently lost her parents, and the Father has demanded that she be protected. For the extent of her lifespan, Tethebi must guard her against any and all trouble she faces that she cannot handle on her own. However, certain experiences in her life had made her terrified of snakes, which Tet strongly resembles. Both have bold personalities, and are likely to conflict.

How it will play out is anyone's guess. The assignment's outcome is a mystery, even to the Council who watch over it. With this, it is now time to watch how the story unfolds.
Sign up to rate and review this story