Categories > Original > Romance > Zeah and Tethebi

ZxT: Chapter 1

by Zeah_Renee_Voinovich 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-04-13 - Updated: 2009-04-13 - 497 words

0Unrated
Tethebi sighed as he watched Saddam Hussein drop from the gallows. Another one down, as far as he was concerned. How many men had he protected until their death - 10, 20? Old Hussy's entire existence had been acid-like on Tet's nerves. Bombs, assassination attempts, nearly constant gunfire, hiding and ducking. . .yeah, it'd been hell. And now it was finally over. Tet looked skyward with a glare.

"Okay, I'm done. Beam me up," he growled sarcastically to the heavens. "Don't bother hurrying. I've got eternity to spend."

In an instant, Tet stood before the Council. They were immaculate, as usual, with their tan suits and paper-white hair. Tet snorted and jabbed a thumb over his shoulder back down towards Earth.

"Okay, Hussy's dead. What's my next assignment, oh holy ones?"

The first of the Councilors stepped forward, a troubled and slightly disgusted look on his face. "Very well. I will be straight with you. We are in a bit of a fix up here. All of our current guardians are assigned to other people right now. You are all we have."

The second Councilor sighed and waved his hand, a cloud descending with an image on it. It was an image of a young woman. "Her name is Zeah. She has lost both parents in the last few months, and needs to be protected for the remainder of her life. She appears to be getting desperate, so we have no choice but to send you in to help her."

Tet smirked. The old suits were finally giving in. He was going to be with a woman again, a young one at that. This Zeah girl would be the first female charge he was trusted with. As the Council spoke to him, he examined the girl. Long, curly brown hair; brown eyes, slightly tanned skin, obviously an American. She wasn't very tall, but she wasn't short like most girls, either. She wore glasses with transition lenses. She dressed in black and green, and it looked good on her, though she wore clothes more on the baggy side.

"Do you have any objections?" The third inquired, more sarcastic than serious. "Any questions?"

Tet laughed; it was a deep, powerful sound, full of dark humor. He flexed his monstrous, three-fingered hands and cracked his neck, his laugh fading into a low chuckle.

"What do you think?" he asked.

The Councilors rolled their eyes in unison. They waved their hands, and in a flash of light, Tethebi was in a dark alleyway. It was dark out, and cold. Damn, was it cold! Tet shuddered at the icy temperature and rubbed his arms. Where was he? He glanced around and looked for something to orient himself. Ah, a road sign on the other end of the alley. He squinted to read it.

"Maryland, 57 miles south. . ." He thought about it for a second. "Hmmm. . .Pennsylvania, eh?"

Before he had a chance to remark about the state, a voice cried out nearby. Tet grinned widely. Showtime.
Sign up to rate and review this story